Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-16-2015, 04:42 PM   #99
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserO2Evils View Post
"When the Camaro comes out, I will try my best to objectively rate the Camaro, Mustang, and Challenger using a system that rates the criteria that are."

That is exactly what you, or anybody, SHOULD DO. Too often ppl buy based on popularity or heresay. Determine for yourself and make an educated decision, based on your OWN personal criteria.
Thanks. I wish that the 6th gen would hurry up and come out so I can get this show on the road.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 04:57 PM   #100
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
They aren't. It's a ghost cam tune like the V6 guys have.
hahah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
They might be removing the AFM lifters and tuning out the VVT.
i wonder if its just as simple as it is with the L99 to LS3.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:41 PM   #101
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
I'm a Chevy guy and a Camaro guy. My first car was my Chevelle. My 1LE was my first brand new car. That doesn't mean I have to bow down to the bow tie. I bring this up because I want the Camaro to be the best car possible. I know you do too, so don't misunderstand me. I know every one working on the car feels the same way. I'm not trying to offend them. I just don't want the see the car die again because the bean counters or the wrong people got in the way of the people who love the car as much as we do.
OMG, I don't have enough energy to respond to your good responses to my responses...............to other responses.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:52 PM   #102
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I think the question in and of itself is misleading...as though there were a choice.

I like to speculate on the wish-list side of things with regards to performance. But at the same time, I also like to let the engineers (who know what they're doing, and what standards they have to deal with) do their jobs.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:59 PM   #103
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
OMG, I don't have enough energy to respond to your good responses to my responses...............to other responses.
Well, they are my opinions and I don't expect everyone to agree with all of them.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:11 PM   #104
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
My last comment here. As to the Camaro being inferior because it uses the same motor as the Corvette is akin to saying a 599 would be inferior because it used the same motor as the LaFerrari (yes I know this is not true). The Camaro has and always will benefit from the baddest sportscar the USA has ever produced!
z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 09:16 AM   #105
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28camaro2471 View Post
My last comment here. As to the Camaro being inferior because it uses the same motor as the Corvette is akin to saying a 599 would be inferior because it used the same motor as the LaFerrari (yes I know this is not true). The Camaro has and always will benefit from the baddest sportscar the USA has ever produced!
It seems to me that the Corvette and Camaro have always shared their engines.

I think it's a shame that the LS7 may have to go away. Hopefully the engineers can find a way to save that block and create a 7 liter N/A engine meeting CAFE requirements. Although, I would suspect it might find it's way into a Corvette first.

But my question is, what is the priority in the GM engine war room? Getting needed power/MPG/Emission numbers from the N/A 7 liter, or more effective cooling in the LT4?
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 10:06 AM   #106
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
It seems to me that the Corvette and Camaro have always shared their engines.

I think it's a shame that the LS7 may have to go away. Hopefully the engineers can find a way to save that block and create a 7 liter N/A engine meeting CAFE requirements. Although, I would suspect it might find it's way into a Corvette first.

But my question is, what is the priority in the GM engine war room? Getting needed power/MPG/Emission numbers from the N/A 7 liter, or more effective cooling in the LT4?
dont get me wrong I love the LS7... but truth is, LS7 is an obsolete engine, in 2008 a 7 liters v8 with 505 was an astonishing news... now its.. a nice engine, but its getting old with smaller engines producing higher hp, now days FI is the answer for GM engines to sustain big amounts of hp, for a "low price" and still keep enviromental regulations, Force induction have been perfected to the point today a twin turbo V8 dont have a "recognazible" lag, or a supercharger having Clutch and being electronically controlled to work proplery at demand.

The perfect example is the LT4, compared to the LS7 the LT4 is superior in every way... and is still waaay cheaper than a V8 from AMG, Im 70% sure we are not going to see a high displacement v8 anymore, just because they are deficient (for todays standards), it is really sad because I love the C6 z06 but we have to face that today there is a replacement for displacement, and its called electronically controlled Force induction
Old 03-17-2015, 01:31 PM   #107
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
they could make a few changes to the lt1 maybe
it worked for the ls1 when they made the ls6
Old 03-19-2015, 08:58 PM   #108
artsbest

Drives: ZL1
The Z28 isn't selling well?
artsbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:34 PM   #109
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesiom Summers View Post
dont get me wrong I love the LS7... but truth is, LS7 is an obsolete engine, in 2008 a 7 liters v8 with 505 was an astonishing news... now its.. a nice engine, but its getting old with smaller engines producing higher hp, now days FI is the answer for GM engines to sustain big amounts of hp, for a "low price" and still keep enviromental regulations, Force induction have been perfected to the point today a twin turbo V8 dont have a "recognazible" lag, or a supercharger having Clutch and being electronically controlled to work proplery at demand.

The perfect example is the LT4, compared to the LS7 the LT4 is superior in every way... and is still waaay cheaper than a V8 from AMG, Im 70% sure we are not going to see a high displacement v8 anymore, just because they are deficient (for todays standards), it is really sad because I love the C6 z06 but we have to face that today there is a replacement for displacement, and its called electronically controlled Force induction
The LS7 is still an awesome engine. There are benefits of natural aspiration. Yes, the LT4 makes more power and torque but that doesn't mean it is the better engine in every application. GM tried to do a large displacement N/A engine first but couldn't meet their goals so they went with the LT4 but it was a compromise, not their original plan.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:38 PM   #110
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
The LS7 is still an awesome engine. There are benefits of natural aspiration. Yes, the LT4 makes more power and torque but that doesn't mean it is the better engine in every application. GM tried to do a large displacement N/A engine first but couldn't meet their goals so they went with the LT4 but it was a compromise, not their original plan.
Oh stop! You know I have love for the LS7. I will be sad when it goes and hope there is something that make me quickly forget.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:47 PM   #111
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
The original plan was to produce a engine that would allow the C7 Z06 to outperform the C6 Z06 but the limits of a NA engine couldn't get it there. The good news is the C7 Z51 is just a tick off the C6 Z06. If the LT1 gets a power bump in 2016, the gap might be closed to be its equal. Win for NA track guys

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:48 PM   #112
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Oh stop! You know I have love for the LS7. I will be sad when it goes and hope there is something that make me quickly forget.
I'm with you there. I hope to own an LS7 powered car one day. Well, an LS7 and a 427 big block would be nice too. Maybe when I rebuild my Chevelle again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
The original plan was to produce a engine that would allow the C7 Z06 to outperform the C6 Z06 but the limits of a NA engine couldn't get it there. The good news is the C7 Z51 is just a tick off the C6 Z06. If the LT1 gets a power bump in 2016, the gap might be closed to be its equal. Win for NA track guys
I thought it had to do with meeting emissions while making the power they needed. It's been a while since I read the interview but from what I remember, Tadge said the LTx 7.0 would have made less than the LS7 in order to meet new emissions regs.