Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 09-19-2007, 08:04 PM   #29
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptom View Post
Strictly R&D for now right?
Ignore the body work -- it has nothing to do with the Camaro. If you get a chance to drive it -- it is a Camaro.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:08 PM   #30
Aptom

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Ignore the body work -- it has nothing to do with the Camaro. If you get a chance to drive it -- it is a Camaro.
i mean for those suspension parts on your site.
Aptom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:31 PM   #31
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptom View Post
i mean for those suspension parts on your site.
Nope -- those are for the VE Camaro. Our rates are higher on the coils and dampers and the Camaro will be the same weight range -- barring any last minute changes by GM we plan to have complete systems (that have already been in use in AU for almost three years) ready to go when the first Camaro hits the showroom floor.

There has been some talk of VE / ZETA II which we believe are higher coil rates and damping rates higher on the critical damping scale for the Camaro. Keep in mind the entire concept of the world platform strategy is to avoid structural changes to the chassis to achieve solid ROI. Suspension rates will be adjusted to the use of the vehicle, but a 400 RWHP Holden Commodore SS should have the same bits beneath it as a 400RWHP Camaro. The driving intent, wheel base, track, weight and so on are all the same.

Also keep in mind that I am not on the Camaro platform TEAM and these are just opinions. Of course my opinions are always 100% correct
Old 09-19-2007, 08:34 PM   #32
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Skidmark View Post
so whaat? is that what it's looking like? it's not right? it's just testing the motor and stuff right? please tell me it will still look like the concept?? hey! 100th post yay!
If you have seen the Camaro at the HRPT or this last season's auto shows you have seen a 98% production interior and body. The 'show car' is very close to the production car. Closer thanthis from what I have been told. If you love the show car you will love the production car.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:36 PM   #33
Aptom

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Nope -- those are for the VE Camaro. Our rates are higher on the coils and dampers and the Camaro will be the same weight range -- barring any last minute changes by GM we plan to have complete systems (that have already been in use in AU for almost three years) ready to go when the first Camaro hits the showroom floor.

There has been some talk of VE / ZETA II which we believe are higher coil rates and damping rates higher on the critical damping scale for the Camaro. Keep in mind the entire concept of the world platform strategy is to avoid structural changes to the chassis to achieve solid ROI. Suspension rates will be adjusted to the use of the vehicle, but a 400 RWHP Holden Commodore SS should have the same bits beneath it as a 400RWHP Camaro. The driving intent, wheel base, track, weight and so on are all the same.

Also keep in mind that I am not on the Camaro platform TEAM and these are just opinions. Of course my opinions are always 100% correct
Thanks!
Aptom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:36 PM   #34
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Hey Pete, Welcome to the boards. I missed meeting you this weekend as my g/f had a luncheon planned with her co-workers and attached my leash for the occasion. =/
Old 09-19-2007, 08:54 PM   #35
apellon

Drives: 2500HD Crew Cab
I'll believe it when I see it...

...in my driveway.

I'll second that one!!And even then I'll have to be pinched.
apellon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:16 PM   #36
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
CamAro...grrrr

Don't think that's a GTO at all...

Now, guys...check this out. Look at this pic and now look at the rear again of the "mule." What do ya think???

Is that what underneath my Camaro looks like?!?! Independent suspension and true dual exhaust, not just split at the converter?!?!

That car's bad to the bone...
Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:44 PM   #37
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisenhower View Post
Is that what underneath my Camaro looks like?!?! Independent suspension and true dual exhaust, not just split at the converter?!?!

YEP.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:29 PM   #38
Holden Dude

Drives: Holden VE SSV
This looks very much like a 2 door SS commodore....... I like.
Holden Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:55 PM   #39
daddyseth1

Drives: 94 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
What is the exact definition of a Mule again?

testing the chassis or platform? Motor? (doubt it, or they would have told us the powerplant)

I ask because the wheelbase on the above picture looks short to me. What are everyones thoughts on this car?
Truth be told, it looks like a mule for the upcoming Chevy Volt.
I wanna see a test of the production CAMARO! sorry, just I'm that anxious.
daddyseth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:57 PM   #40
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
Oh, yeah, that our Camaro I mean if it was a lumina they'd do a lot better job of covering the back end, the "fake rear" doors an window just don't cut it for it to be anything but the camaro. . I just hope the "H" that that's not the spoiler they're going to put on it.
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:57 PM   #41
daddyseth1

Drives: 94 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisenhower View Post

If it truly is.......................WHOOOOPPPPEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
daddyseth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:06 PM   #42
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by deluke View Post
I agree, I don't believe this is the Camero.I know for a fact as of a Month ago there were no plans for a Camero mule this year.
Oh? and how do you know that? just asking...

Second. I think this defintietly could be our car. Look at the crappy worksmanship...even at GM's low point they didn't look that bad. Those rear doors are camo, and terribly put on...if this was a True 2-dr coupe, than those wouldn't have creases around them...they're probably trying to make people think it's a tester for a 4-door car. Check out the exaust...true dual (I think), and missing some body panels...i.e. that black peice on the Camaro.

I have absolutely no opinion whether it is or not. Thanks for the heads up, though, Tran - whether it is or not...GREAT FIND!!!

And Kyle...if they were testing the motor, they would definitely NOT tell us what they were testing. Do you think that we don't know because they still haven't decided on engines, yet? I wouldn't bet on it. They're not, and won't tell us because this is an extremely competitive car. No reason to dish out specs for the competition, you know? I'm not expecting any word on engines untill NAIAS 2008 at the earliest, or fall 2008 at the latest.

EDIT:

I'd like to know where the Hell these people get their "facts" from, taken from an article on Jalopnik about the Camaro Mule...
Quote:
It's no secret that this soon-to-be-Canadian-built "Heartbeat of America" will start production in February of 2009, with an annual production in the 65-75K range. There will be several powerplants offered, including a 3.6-liter direct injection V6, as well as a "regular" V8 and likely a Z28-type V8 (LS8). Power-wise, the top-of-the-line should put out close to 500-horsepower, and a convertible will follow for the 2010 model year.
how about October '08?
How many times have they said that they need to make at least 100,000?
How do you know what engines WILL be offered?
What is a 'Z28-type' engine?
WTF is an LS8? are they making this up now?

Sorry for the rant...but that Paragraph severly hampered my opinion that this is the mule, coming from a source that says this stuff?

Last edited by Mr. Wyndham; 09-19-2007 at 11:30 PM.
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote