Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-31-2013, 06:41 PM   #99
All Star
I'm an Engineer

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Send a message via AIM to All Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
They would at a minimum have to install the ZL1 brakes.
There is no need...the ZL1 has beefier brakes, because it weighs 400 pounds more than the SS.

All Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:44 PM   #100
oklapike

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
I'm going to guess and say b/c it's much more fun assuming the LS7 than it is a return of The Iron Duke.
Except that GM's current four cylinder engines are light years ahead of the Iron Duke, and the LTG variant that's going to go in the next Camaro will produce more than three times the HP and close to two and a half times the torque.
oklapike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:52 PM   #101
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by karguy View Post
I think GM should shed some light on the LS-7 rumours because I can imagine a lot of people will postpone ZL1 ans 1LE purchases...
And if it is true I would not get too excited about it because a) LS-7 reliability issues and b) the car probably will cost 15 grand more than the 2SS 1LE RS + the dealers will probably try to squeeze another 20 grand on top of that like they did with the Mustang Boss Laguna Seca cars...
At $55K + added markup from the stealerships the market gets very thin for Camaros,especially since there is already a high-po ZL1...
What ever that mule is I would bet they get the LT1 ready for 2014...
That engine goes into the Vette,the new full-size pickups,the SS sedan and most likely gen5 camaro before gen6 comes out...
I would be very surprised if I was wrong...
Get ready for AFM...:(
I don't see the Camaro getting the LT1 until the 6th gen. The next gen Mustang is coming out soon so the next gen Camaro will be too. It makes no sense to switch the Camaro over at this point.

Why would an LS7 Camaro be $15k on top of a 1LE?
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:55 PM   #102
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
This conversation is so literal. The Iron Duke comment was said in jest.... We're assuming LS7 b/c it's much more fun, and because the LS7 was "leaked".

I hear GM's new version of the LS7 also have flux capacitors. 88 MPH and you're going to see some serious....

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:05 PM   #103
GMteSSted

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
This version could simply be a drivetrain analysis mule...without the full ZEE suit of clothing...which BTW should include an extractor/RamAir composite hood.
It is just a mule....a 2010 CTF. The sticker in the lower driver's side windshield says so. I know.
GM will use the CTF fleet through out the life span of the 5th Gen test just about anything and test everything.

What they are testing is just speculation, unless someone was "told" something.
GMteSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:12 PM   #104
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I like how camaro5 is watermarked lie thy had exclusive pics when there is already a watermark on them
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:19 PM   #105
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Interesting

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:22 PM   #106
oklapike

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMteSSted View Post
It is just a mule....a 2010 CTF. The sticker in the lower driver's side windshield says so. I know.
GM will use the CTF fleet through out the life span of the 5th Gen test just about anything and test everything.

What they are testing is just speculation, unless someone was "told" something.
Which would also explain the rough cutout in the rear diffuser for the NPP exhaust. Left over from when they were testing the new 2013 options.
oklapike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:50 PM   #107
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
no, no, no, fbodfather IS an alien.

I AM an alien - from Mars.

Did anyone ever hear of the words "GM performance Exhaust System?"

We DO test them before you can buy them.

Actually the yellow car is a V14 that we're going to offer in 2035 -- but please keep that between you and me, OK?
Old 01-31-2013, 07:57 PM   #108
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

Actually the yellow car is a V14 that we're going to offer in 2035 -- but please keep that between you and me, OK?

OK this just got real!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:12 PM   #109
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

I don't buy it!
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:17 PM   #110
77rs

Drives: '13 SS/RS conv. RY
The '13 polished wheels haven't been made since sept. '12. All camaros with polished wheels produced since sept. '12 have the '10-'12 wheels.
77rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:17 PM   #111
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
First of all, nice internet tough guy stance. Congratulations on acting like a typical internet punk w/ an attitude toward my post for no discernible reason. No decorum at all, just attack people while assuming you know exactly what people are talking about. No warning shots, just all out war w/out declaring first. Is that how it works for you dude?

The point I was making are both the ZR1 & the ZL1 are the top of the food chain as far as each model goes. The SS and the SS w/ the 1LE Performance Package have the same engine but you can only get the 1LE w/ a manual, so what is your point? I don't even know why I'm bothering to clarify my post for you since you never bothered to clarify what I meant before attacking my comment publicly. Maybe you should think a bit before making crude & classless comments dude. Guys like you just kill me, I bet you wouldn't have the nerve to speak to someone in person the way that you word your posts on an anonymous internet forum.

I also never said that the ZL1 was faster than the ZR1, Cylde. I said the auto is faster than the manual. Read it again before you jump to conclusions and down someones throat. I said "Good points, but there also isn't an auto trans on the ZR1 Vette, yet the ZL1 has it (an automatic trans) and it's faster (than the manual)."

Did I specifically spell out which model was which? No, I didn't. I also didn't say ZR1 Corvette and ZL1 Camaro. I foolishly thought most adults would be able to civilly discuss cars they're passionate about on an enthusiast auto forum w/out someone, such as yourself, coming along trying to disect my comments, trying to make me look like a fool in the process, for whatever unknown reason. Silly me, I suppose I won't make the same mistake again. Good work Cylde, you showed me, didn't you?

Show some respect and some tact before posting that kinda garbage.... or at least learn to ask a question about what someone means before you post replies. I don't know you from Adam, and I don't think I want to know you. Please don't come near my home in Disneyland, you aren't welcome as it's the happiest place on earth, whereas you are the angriest person on the internet.
WOW!!!! Lighten up Francis I didn't see anything in Wildpaws post that was attacking you. You made some comments that said the ZL1 was faster, but you left it open for assumptions. He made a joke about it and you took it personally and then you proceeded to go on a tirade about lessons in communication? Before jumping to conclusions, maybe you should heed your own advice.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:19 PM   #112
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
For all we know there could be most anything under that hood from a LS7, a new LT Vett DI engine, a TT V6, or just a bunch of hampsters.
I like this theory....