Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-16-2009, 07:39 PM   #43
brooks35

Drives: 57Chevy TrailblazerSS 73Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetjudge79 View Post
I'm the same way, I give you guys 15mph, anything more than 15 over, it's a ticket. If it's an attitude, it's a ticket, if it's a school zone, it's a ticket. I try to be fair , I'll be the first to admit that I don't do the speed limit either, I can't write someone for something I do. Be responsible. If you have the need to do double the limit, take it to the track. The one's that do double the limit and more, well, you deserve what you get. I've had to make notifications to family members who lost their loved ones in traffic crashes, that is the worst part of my job. Most people think us Motorcycle officers as hard asses, but that's not always the case. Especially since I've owned Firebirds and trans am's most of my life so I know what it's like to want to drive fast.
Streetjudge, I'm with you. I do alot of traffic stops for speed. 99% of the time if you have a good attitude and a good driving record you get a break. It is very rare that anyone gets the full speed unless they show attitude or a very bad driving record. I have had several opportunities to take peoples cars but never have. I drove a 2000 Camaro B4C Camaro and probably could have taken a car a week for people who have tried to drag race me in the Camaro not knowing it was a cop car. I always just give them the speech of "You know it is 6 points and an automatic loss of license. And it is also a vehicle forfeiture in Michigan with a $3000.00 Bond to get the car released before court." I think this sends the message.
brooks35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:40 PM   #44
omegaman

Drives: very poorly
Send a message via AIM to omegaman
I must run the gauntlet of FIVE photo radar sites and one mobile radar unit each way on my daily commute to work. In between these traps I speed like hell.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:51 PM   #45
streetjudge79

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOETIE View Post
This is off topic,and if you dont mind me asking....have you ever looked under a vehicle to see if the cats were removed ?

Nope. I don't really mess with the guys that do mods. As long as it doesn't endanger the public, I don't worry about it.
streetjudge79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:02 PM   #46
nasty2ss

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
I dont even drive the camaro really after dark. Which really sucks now since its dark at 530. I live in the sticks and the deer out number the people. Its insane. If I do drive at night, its about 10-15 under and i am constatly scanning for them. I hate this time of year. Luckily the only one we have tagged was in the 98 civic. Damage not too bad. Little ripple on the hood.

Are thje number of people that hunt shrinking or they just bad shots because we have a ton of deer around here also
nasty2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:37 PM   #47
Phynyte

Drives: 224
Why speed when you can go slow and make everyone else jealous?
Phynyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:28 AM   #48
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Why is everyone in so much of a dang hurry they have to insist it is ok to break the law? To speed and not realize you are speeding is one thing, but to do it on purpose and brag about it is STUPID...
Old 11-17-2009, 07:59 AM   #49
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaminbird View Post
Speed Limit?? What's that. I've gotten lots of tickets in the 9 yrs of having my Firebird and I'll have to say the last one which was my second reckless got me to slow down around here. I'd only gone from 0-100 at a light with no one in front of me on a straight road in daylight. Once I'm out of VA that's different since the neighboring states don't have reckless. Speed doesn't cause most accidents anyway. Driving too slow is a cause of accidents more then speeding but mainly stupidity is the main factor.

The license plate in your avatar would get you the ticket, lol. Justg on principle, as I have a sense of humor, the ticket would be my retaliation.

Speed, with carelessness, is one of the biggest factors in the majority of vehicle accidents. I will grab some research later, as I have to leave for the shop to install my broken interior emergency trunk release handle, lol.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:04 AM   #50
gjordon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS\RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescamaro View Post
Word. Fast driving isn't a problem, stupid driving is. Going 95 isn't dangerous. Going 95 through a stop sign at night is dangerous (as some people close to Buffalo, NY recently found out). I had four friends who died in an accident where the kid was going 95. Do I still speed? Hell yeah. Do I run stop signs on blind corners doing 95? No.
Didn't learn much did you? With mentality like that, I hope you have your next of kin listed on your license. Everyone around you is supposed to KNOW you're doing 95 instead of the speed limit huh?

I don't know how they do things in NY but around here, if you get stopped at 95 in a 70, you'll probably get off with a ticket. Most anything below 70 posted and you'll most likely go to jail.

I had a best friend killed in a wreck when the truck he was driving rolled, throwing him out of the truck and landing on top of him. The main cause was failure to control speed.

Speed can and does kill. I'm not going to rant on about people that want to speed. I own a Camaro as well and know the feeling but I also know I want to be around to drive another day, be smart. <end of rant>
Old 11-17-2009, 11:09 AM   #51
Blitz63

Drives: 2SS RS L99 Black w/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrray13 View Post
The license plate in your avatar would get you the ticket, lol. Justg on principle, as I have a sense of humor, the ticket would be my retaliation.

Speed, with carelessness, is one of the biggest factors in the majority of vehicle accidents. I will grab some research later, as I have to leave for the shop to install my broken interior emergency trunk release handle, lol.
I think your going to find that the people who are swerving in and out of slow traffic are your high risk drivers. I know on the turnpike in Jersey if you stay in your lane your "good to go", start swerving in and out and the Troopers will write you. I have seen it first hand.
Blitz63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:41 AM   #52
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
I personally have no problem with people driving as fast as they want, provided the following scenarios are in order:

1. They are sober, not distracted (food, pop, cell phone, lots of people in car, etc.), and very, very observant drivers who know how to drive.

2. They are driving a car engineered to drive and maneuver at high speeds safely and effectively. The Camaro SS is. Most BMWs are. Most Cadillacs aren't.

3. They are smart enough and familiar enough with the vehicle they are driving to know it's limits and will adhere to them.

If you follow these, drive as fast as you want..... you will most likely NOT be the cause of any accident.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:57 AM   #53
ROD1
Retired

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS V6 #1301 DOB 3/23/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Yeah I am not into speeding, but I do get to the speed limit dang quick.
+1
ROD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:14 PM   #54
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaminbird View Post
Speed Limit?? What's that. I've gotten lots of tickets in the 9 yrs of having my Firebird and I'll have to say the last one which was my second reckless got me to slow down around here. I'd only gone from 0-100 at a light with no one in front of me on a straight road in daylight. Once I'm out of VA that's different since the neighboring states don't have reckless. Speed doesn't cause most accidents anyway. Driving too slow is a cause of accidents more then speeding but mainly stupidity is the main factor.
You really don't deserve the right to be driving ..... The day you kill someone you may wake up ..... You have an addiction to speed, and that makes you dangerous on the road .....
Old 11-17-2009, 12:37 PM   #55
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
This thread is... well.... its just....WOW

I cant believe the mentality of some of the people around here.....
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:40 PM   #56
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
It certainly explains the higher insurance premiums for the Camaro.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote