Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-20-2008, 04:48 PM   #113
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010
Z28 Hold Out!

Drives: 2000 Monte Carlo SS
Sorry fellows have to ask this. Is HUD still on the table for mid production? I normaly would know but there are so many threads and posts, I must admit it is hard keeping up sometimes.
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 05:18 PM   #114
Raven

Drives: 2001 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 View Post
Sorry fellows have to ask this. Is HUD still on the table for mid production? I normaly would know but there are so many threads and posts, I must admit it is hard keeping up sometimes.
It is still being planned for the 2011 model year
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:40 PM   #115
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Strike #3 ABL then No ABL.
We don't know that for sure; it just appears that way because no one has tried to disproof this rumor. Was only slightly concerned a couple days ago but it's now a bit discomforting.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:52 PM   #116
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 COPO View Post
Strike #1 The short front stripe switcheroo.
Strike #2 HUD then no HUD.

I wonder what is next?
They never said we'd get long stripes. They were on a concept car, so that cannot be held against them.
And they never said we'd get HUD. Admittedly, they had a simulated video, but they took it down very quickly.

I...know...everybody's upset. And for the record, I think the idea of no ambient lighting at launch sucks to all heck - it's become my favorite feature about the interior on the car. But I still say the situation we are in, here on online forums and interacting with the Camaro team, is a unique experience. And things like this needs to be handled responsibly without all the speeches about injustices...:(
Old 12-20-2008, 10:04 PM   #117
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 COPO View Post
Strike #1 The short front stripe switcheroo.
Strike #2 HUD then no HUD.

I wonder what is next?

Copo, you really need to give it a rest with the damn short stripes issue. I mean voicing your opinion is great, but beating the shit out of a dead horse is borderline annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
We don't know that for sure; it just appears that way because no one has tried to disproof this rumor. Was only slightly concerned a couple days ago but it's now a bit discomforting.
I heard through the grapevine that they were working out issues with the ABL. I heard it might take them some time, but that the goal is to have it working for the first cars. My personal opinion (take it with a grain of salt) is that they are prepared to delay the production if necessary in order to get the ABL right. Everyone take a deep breath and relax. Since GM is in the holiday shutdown, we might not have the answer on this one for a few weeks. Patience.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:26 PM   #118
BigTrap1967

Drives: 1969 396SS yellow w/ black str
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieEatsYou View Post
I'm with TAG also.

A lot of us put down a huge chunk of deposit money (some non-refundable!) on a car that very few of us has even seen in 3 dimensions. We based our purchase based on photoshopped pictures, incomplete order books, and rumors of present and future features.

I, for one, am not a big fan of leather, but when I imagined what the black leather interior of my rally yellow Camaro would look like bathed in a soft blue glow - well, you know....

Now we find the mental picture we've built in our mind's eye may turn out to be a mirage. And murky statements from GM reps that "it's not canceled," while good to know, only fuels the fire because the rumor was it was delayed, not canceled. I think we're all adult enough to deal with the truth - what bothers me is the trickle of information we're getting. If their are problems with ABL, just tell us up front what it is and if its the consensus of the GM engineers that it will or won't be ready on 16 Feb. It just immature of GM to withhold information and hope the bugs are ironed out in time just so they won't be accused of misleading us - which will happen anyway!

The HUD issue, the stripe issue, now the ABL issue means a lot to many people here and time is running out to give our dealers instructions on what to do with our order. We respectfully ask:
1. Is ABL delayed.
2. if so, for how long? We know, but give us a guess.
3. Will MSRP be adjusted? By how much?

We now return control to you....
what stripe issue
BigTrap1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:35 PM   #119
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
My personal opinion (take it with a grain of salt) is that they are prepared to delay the production if necessary in order to get the ABL right.
In most cases I'd agree with you but I think GM, given their current situation and needing to make money as quickly as possible, will release this car as soon as they can, ABL or not.

Unless someone from GM can state otherwise? Or can at least tell us the current progress of ABL? Or if it were to delay and the car would release without it, what would happen to the price of the MSRP? ABL is incredibly important as it practically makes the interior, and is something that other cars, especially more expensive cars, do not have.

I seriously hope they realize that ABL is not a "Well we didn't get it working in time, oh well!" option. Has to be there.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:41 PM   #120
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieEatsYou View Post
I'm with TAG also.

A lot of us put down a huge chunk of deposit money (some non-refundable!) on a car that very few of us has even seen in 3 dimensions...

It just immature of GM to withhold information and hope the bugs are ironed out in time just so they won't be accused of misleading us - which will happen anyway!

The HUD issue, the stripe issue, now the ABL issue means a lot to many people here and time is running out to give our dealers instructions on what to do with our order. We respectfully ask:
1. Is ABL delayed.
2. if so, for how long? We know, but give us a guess.
3. Will MSRP be adjusted? By how much?

We now return control to you....
People, we are still about 2 months from the start of production. If GM told us about every issue they have run up against during the production of this vehicle, we would have all run for the door with our money. It just isn't realistic to do this. It's like the government. If the general public knew all the stuff that happens at the top secret level, we would be living in bunkers in the mountains. I am sure that if GM gets to a point where they don't feel they can produce the cars with a quality ABL solution, then they will let us know. Until we hear it from them, consider it part of the first cars.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 08:59 AM   #121
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
I still haven't heard anything about a confirmed removal of the lighting, so maybe let's not get worked up about it, ok? I mean, it's freaking LIGHTS. I think that a team of engineers can figure out some lights.

I will start a new rumor to worry about: GM can't get all 8 cylinders to work on SS models, so the first 3 months or so of SS model cars will have 6.2L V8's that have 2 dead cylinders. They will give you cupons for a free fix once they figure it out. And a puppy.
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 09:11 AM   #122
MrGazinya

Drives: Aggressive
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
People, we are still about 2 months from the start of production. If GM told us about every issue they have run up against during the production of this vehicle, we would have all run for the door with our money. It just isn't realistic to do this. It's like the government. If the general public knew all the stuff that happens at the top secret level, we would be living in bunkers in the mountains. I am sure that if GM gets to a point where they don't feel they can produce the cars with a quality ABL solution, then they will let us know. Until we hear it from them, consider it part of the first cars.
Black 2SS RS LS3 Inferno Int. '17 1LE replica 20's {MODS} KOOKS LT: Borla S-Type: Roto-Fab CAI: Hurst ST.: PFADT Stage 2, Trailing arms, Tie Rods: ECS BigBlower Cam: Fast 102mm intake: Brian Tooley racing dual spring kit: TFS pushrod set: Katech C5R timing chain: Mellings high volume oil pump: ATI Balancer: Ideal performance upgraded clutch master cylinder:Tick performance upgraded slave cylinder/throwout bearing: Mantic 9000 twin disk clutch & light weight flywheel: Tuned by Doug Ring at ECS. 475RWHP/445RWTQ.Dynapack Dyno.

MrGazinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 09:27 AM   #123
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
I agree with not getting worked up !!!!

This thread was created with the question -- what if

I sure hope that nobody has taken this thread with the idea that GM has canceled the ambient lighting -- and I surely hope that nobody has taken any action, whatsoever, on their pre-order based on this thread !!! Likewise, I surely hope that this thread has not deterred anyone from making a pre-order. IT IS ONLY A WHAT IF THREAD

COPO 70, you shouldn't be calling anything a strike when the pitcher hasn't even thrown the ball yet. Good example of what not to do -- jump the gun on a what if thread.

Right now, I am still sitting back with a big, fat smile and anxiously awaiting the day that the Camaro's start rolling out.

Now, IF there is ever an official announcement that GM has failed on delivering ambient lighting -- THEN --
FirstLSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 11:05 AM   #124
kalel

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
I still haven't heard anything about a confirmed removal of the lighting, so maybe let's not get worked up about it, ok? I mean, it's freaking LIGHTS. I think that a team of engineers can figure out some lights.

I will start a new rumor to worry about: GM can't get all 8 cylinders to work on SS models, so the first 3 months or so of SS model cars will have 6.2L V8's that have 2 dead cylinders. They will give you cupons for a free fix once they figure it out. And a puppy.

Okay, based on this new information (which I know is 100 percent accurate since was on the internet), I am just going to change my order to the v6. I would rather not have the weight of two dead cylinders. I have already called my dealer and changed my order. Also, he seemed really confused when I told him that I wanted a golden retriever puppy, and not a black lab (black is too hard to keep clean). But, since I told him I read it on the internet, he assured me that my puppy would be delivered as soon as all of the preproduction puppies had been disposed of.
kalel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 11:23 AM   #125
VICTORY RED 1SS
booyaah

Drives: VICTORY RED 1SS
I don't want ambient lighting. I'm not buying a video game, I'm buying a car.
VICTORY RED 1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 11:26 AM   #126
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalel View Post
Okay, based on this new information (which I know is 100 percent accurate since was on the internet), I am just going to change my order to the v6. I would rather not have the weight of two dead cylinders. I have already called my dealer and changed my order. Also, he seemed really confused when I told him that I wanted a golden retriever puppy, and not a black lab (black is too hard to keep clean). But, since I told him I read it on the internet, he assured me that my puppy would be delivered as soon as all of the preproduction puppies had been disposed of.
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote