Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

Old 11-28-2012, 08:33 AM   #253
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
The ca crowd bailed because it it over 2000 miles, 1 way.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:38 AM   #254
SM0KE
IN THE CIRCLE

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar'n'spice View Post
Are you coming back Smoke ????
Without a doubt

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=355
Join here

SM0KE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:38 AM   #255
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
Actually, of anyone on here, I was hoping it would be IN Texas. I lived there for many years, graduated high school, and have several very close personal friends there. It would have been a fantastic opportunity for me to go visit and take a real vacation.

I was very happy when it got chosen for here last year, and I'm glad it's here again. However, I used to make many a trips from Ft. Hood, TX to Houston for car shows back in the 90s. I used to make trips to Memphis and Nashville for events while living here in Indy.

However, the point is very easy.....most of the CA crowd bailed last year because it wasn't back near CA. Some of the TX crowd bailed because it wasn't in TX. All I'm seeing is the same crap all over again. I wish and want to see every single one of you there.

The Texas crowd is bailing because some people don't have the money to drive hundreds of miles with gas prices so high. I don't blame them for bailing. The point is, Camaro5 made a fortune at Camaro5 Fest 3. All they want is to replicate that. Little do they know, they just benefitted a ton of other Camaro events in 2013 because people don't want to go to Indy again and/or its too far.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:40 AM   #256
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
I'm glad it's in Indy, gives me a chance to see what I missed last year! I'm looking forward to this event which I know is gonna be spectacular! No matter where we have this event there's gonna be ppl who have a problem with it. The Moderators and event planners are working hard to give us the best event that they can with what is available! Instead of bitching and whining let's give the organizers a big THANK YOU for all their hard work and let's get together and have a great time!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:45 AM   #257
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
The ca crowd bailed because it it over 2000 miles, 1 way.
And I get that, that's an insane drive for anyone. However, the way it's coming across from "some" is that it's not in my backyard, I'm not coming. I think that perceived attitude is what's annoying/pissing off/irritating some of us...

I know it is me... and I know it's not fair that I say that when it's in my backyard. However, that's not my fault. I was fully expecting it to be Texas this year.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:46 AM   #258
Doubleblank

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2014 Z28
I'm in the "been there and done that" camp. This Texas car will be staying home. And I wanted to show off my new motor too. Oh well, I'll find some events here in Texas to have fun at.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:47 AM   #259
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleblank View Post
I'm in the "been there and done that" camp. This Texas car will be staying home. And I wanted to show off my new motor too. Oh well, I'll find some events here in Texas to have fun at.
Tis a shame, was nice sharing the same plate with someone else at C5Fest.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:12 AM   #260
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Never thought I would hear so many people sound like babies and complain about an excuse and reason to take there Camaro on a longgggggggggggg drive. Michigan to Cali is 36 hours and I loveeeee making that drive, whether I'm in my Camaro, 458, or range rover. Never pass an reason to drive my cars long distances.

TEXAS, CALI people come on get with it and enjoy all that open road to open the cars up on your way there.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:13 AM   #261
SinisterEcho

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6/LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeck View Post
I promise no peeing this time.
I was almost too drunk to remember that....
Old 11-28-2012, 09:19 AM   #262
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
I was fully expecting it to be Texas this year.
I think that is what a lot of people thought (myself included) and going back to Indy again surprised a lot of people. Add that to the mentality that C5 moves around yearly to accommodate as many regions/area's/people as possible, and I can see why people are upset.

I do think if it isn't in the South somewhere for C5 V there might be a civil war lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:21 AM   #263
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpower View Post
Oh Ya Indy was a blast last year cant wait till this year
The power of Camaro... it warps time.

this year and next year...
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #264
whiteknight012

Drives: 2011 CAMARO RS (1LT) CGM/BLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
Call me crazy but of those 70k members, prolly about 10k are "active" and of those I'd challenge the "majority" reside in California, Texas, and Florida.

The geographically furthest places from Indy in the CONUS.

To add further insult to injury, I can vividly account for those who went to C5F1 & 2 who still talk about it to this day.

Not so much so with last years ordeal....

Just interested as to how, of all places, it ends up in the exact same spot as last year.

If I honestly thought that there would be a majority of Camaro folks rollin up to Indy this year, we'd ride out and represent.

Just disappointed in the decision....like the majority will be when they see this tomorrow morning.
Well said. Agree 100%.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:27 AM   #265
radametz

Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS/1LE; 2016 Colorado Z71
I can see where both sides are coming from on this one. I can see why C5Fest IV would be in Indy after the success of last year, and the scheduling problems with Texas for this year. In addition, I can see why some of the TX, CA, OK, FL, etc members are a little ticked it's in Indy again.

I was 99% sure I was going to the Fest this year before the location was announced, so the ~700 mile drive to Indy is a little easier for me than the ~1,500 mile drive to Dallas, or ~1,800 mile drive to San Antonio (depending on where it would have been in TX) but my girlfriend and I already decided we would've gone to TX if it was there. Would've been a fun road trip for us.

Maybe the mods are planning on doing a C5Fest V in the Spring of 2014 in Texas? Maybe 6-7 months after C5Fest IV? Pure speculation on my part and I'm sure the mods are getting their paddles ready as I type this . What I can say, though, is that I can almost guarantee there WILL be a C5Fest in Texas. You guys are too awesome to not have one. It sucks that IV isn't there, but you will have one.

PS - Thanks to C5 for even holding this event, and allowing the C5 community to meet like this. I'm extremely excited to be heading to my first Fest and I can't wait to meet as many people as possible. . Thanks also to anyone who sat through and read this novel of a post Is it August yet?
Old 11-28-2012, 09:28 AM   #266
jksynergy

Drives: 11 SW SYNERGY SERIES/14 1SS 1LE
As long as my job relocation doesn't come up before this, we are there

2014 1SS 1LE. Bama, sporting Red Rock Metallic demon's horns, when we are ready to get naughty and open a can of whoopass! Airaid, Spectre, Xpel,Bowler shifter Peddars, UMI, Ult Perf. Diode Dynamics, JRE Tune, XS Power battery,
Hooker Headers Blackheart exhaust,Powerbrake
InstaGram & Twitter: @jlouie62
FB: hangtimeracing
jksynergy is offline   Reply With Quote