Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-16-2010, 03:06 PM   #99
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post
as usual gm still doesn't get it. Next up..........gm shocked by lack of sales on new volt
What are you talking about? The Camaro is selling better than they expected. I can't think of a better "mistake" to make in business than underestimating the sales volume and transaction price.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:19 PM   #100
acowherd

Drives: 2010 2ss/RS 4l80. 2009 2500 HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I can't think of a better "mistake" to make in business than underestimating the sales volume and transaction price.

Yes good "mistake" to make this time....but can you say the same for past "mistakes"??????

Flame away......

https://www.facebook.com/pages/FNSS-...75028626000379

FNSS Racing!
acowherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:27 PM   #101
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by acowherd View Post
Yes good "mistake" to make this time....but can you say the same for past "mistakes"??????

Flame away......
Alright, fine. I agree. This is absolutely awful. GM is run by idiots. They can never do a single thing right. And even if it is a good thing, its still bad, since its already been decided that they can't do anything right. There is nothing worse than having half a million more in revenue than anticipated. Each exec should be fired for this inexcusable error and the company thrown into ch7 liquidation. Then GM will never be able to make a mistake again, because they will no longer exist.

Happy?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 01-16-2010, 04:02 PM   #102
acowherd

Quote:
Alright, fine. I agree. This is absolutely awful. GM is run by idiots. They can never do a single thing right. And even if it is a good thing, its still bad, since its already been decided that they can't do anything right. There is nothing worse than having half a million more in revenue than anticipated. Each exec should be fired for this inexcusable error and the company thrown into ch7 liquidation. Then GM will never be able to make a mistake again, because they will no longer exist.

Happy?
No. Not at all, don't you think your taking it a little to far? You are saying everything they do turns to gold? Gm can do no wrong yada yada yada.... All I was referring to was.... The car is right, Americans love big v8 power (who knew).

Yes. I am a fan of gm, but sometimes one needs to take a step back, and see what's going on in the world around them

FNSS Racing!
Old 01-16-2010, 04:08 PM   #103
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Its about giving credit where credit is due. They created a conservative sales forecast and exceeded it, and people are giving them crap for it.

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 01-16-2010, 04:29 PM   #104
acowherd

I am pleased they are exceeding the sales forecast, for this car. I hope they are growing stronger, and I look forward to whats next.

I was talking about the past..."We've been down a very rough road, but believe me, GM is on the way back.......if America will give us a chance. - FbodFather". I hope he is right.

Statement's like these, would make me believe that maybe they are learning from there past ("mistakes").

FNSS Racing!
Old 01-16-2010, 04:32 PM   #105
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
Quote:

Happy?
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 08:48 PM   #106
MightyT

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Well, as they say, You can please some of the people some of the time ...

As for me ... Just three personal facts ...

I love my Camaro

I am happy one of our American Car is resurrecting ...

I am happy I have Camaro5 to share all my happiness with!!

Nuff Said ...

1100 Prelim. Order - (09-18-09)
2000 GM Accepted - (09-22-09) Order NPJWCM.
3000 Prod Control Accepted - (10-14-09) TPW 11/02/09.
3300 Scheduled - (10-26-09)
3400 Broadcast - (10-31-09)
3800 Produced - (11-06-09) VIN 2G1FC1EV6A9165272
4200 Shipped - (11-09-09) Rail ETTX701486
5000 Deliver dealer - (11-27-09)
6000 Deliver customer - (11-27-09)
MightyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:56 PM   #107
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I am not a hater but GM has left a bad taste in my mouth. When things were going bad I picked up some GM stock. I held on through the bad news days thinking i was helping GM. Then I come to find out GM went bankrupt and guess what? GM management let all the GM stock became worthless overnight! And screwed up GM can stay in business fat, dumb, and happy. And they get government loans for being so stupid. I lost enough to buy a Z28 cash when ever that comes out. I do not see the government helping me out for keeping the faith.

I still am numb. I do like the 2010 SS but I do not want to get ripped off even more by GM. Why is everyone so happy that GM is over charging for the SS? Are they passing out cigarettes afterward? As a result when my 335i lease runs out in August I will take a long hard look at the coyote Mustang. And if I decide on the SS I will not buy unless I am buying under list.

Last edited by Fraxum; 01-17-2010 at 12:01 AM. Reason: spelling
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:00 AM   #108
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I am not a hater but GM has left a bad taste in my mouth. When things were going bad I picked up some GM stock. I held on through the bad news days thinking i was helping GM. Then I come to find out GM went bankrupt and guess what. All the GM stock is worthless! And messed up GM can stay in business! And they get government loans. I lost enough to buy a Z28 cash when ever that comes out.

I still am numb. I do like the 2010 SS but I do not want to get ripped off even more by GM. Why is everyone so happy that GM is over charging for the SS? Are they passing out cigarettes afterward? As a result when my 335i lease runs out in August I will take a long hard look at the coyote Mustang. And if I decide on the SS I will not buy unless I am buying under list.
They're not "overcharging" for anything: The prices are competitive with other cars in the segment, and that's all we need to worry about. I think we were all please with the price point when it was first announced, and this article changes nothing. We're (most of us, anyways) are simply happy they're making money so the above (see your stock prices story) doesn't happen again!

Sorry to hear about that, btw. :(
Old 01-17-2010, 12:07 AM   #109
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
They're not "overcharging" for anything: The prices are competitive with other cars in the segment, and that's all we need to worry about. (
"The company then overpriced the V-8, more powerful, less fuel-efficient model to keep its sales down."

it's cool if you like the car, I am not knocking it. But you were over charged. A similarly equipped Mustang is cheaper.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:21 AM   #110
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
"The company then overpriced the V-8, more powerful, less fuel-efficient model to keep its sales down."

it's cool if you like the car, I am not knocking it. But you were over charged. A similarly equipped Mustang is cheaper.
No we weren't. "Overcharged" is a function reliant on the market as a whole. The SRT8, for example, was overpriced.

And no...it's not. A less-equipped Mustang is cheaper. And now...a similarly-equipped Mustang is about the same price.

And "overpriced" could mean anything from $1 to $1,000,000. The author did not sit in on the pricing meeting, and even Bob Lutz and his sometimes big mouth does not disclose details. So it's all conjecture. Be offended and angry if you want...but it's silly because had this article never been written, everyone would be happy as pigs in sh--....mud.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:08 AM   #111
MightyT

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
I am not a hater but GM has left a bad taste in my mouth. When things were going bad I picked up some GM stock. I held on through the bad news days thinking i was helping GM. Then I come to find out GM went bankrupt and guess what? GM management let all the GM stock became worthless overnight! And screwed up GM can stay in business fat, dumb, and happy. And they get government loans for being so stupid. I lost enough to buy a Z28 cash when ever that comes out. I do not see the government helping me out for keeping the faith.

I am sorry to hear of your loss, and personally get what you are saying, however I believe it shouldn't be new news that investing in the stock market as a whole has risks associated with it.

You can blame GM for all your losses, but you have to own some of it. I feel no different than for those who became upside down on thier houses because they got in too deep, compounded by bad banks. Yes, the banks and GM should have accountability, but "personal responsibility and decision making" is our own.

Sometimes you just don't see it coming. In the early part of the decade I had investments in utilities. BAM ... The (umteenth) energy crisis. Yep, deregulation and ENRON, blah blah. But, bottom line, it was my money to invest.

In the end of the day I'd like to see GM as an American car company make a come back just because I miss them, and the 2010 Camaro reminded me of that. Say what you will, but they nailed it this time and deserve credit.

Whatever the cost in dollars, I will steal what someone else said on this very site ... If you build it, they will come ... they did, we did and the profit reports just reflect that.

One of the dividends I get is being able to go out in my garage and stare with that smile folks here told me I would have. I guess the permagrin market just went up 100 points!

1100 Prelim. Order - (09-18-09)
2000 GM Accepted - (09-22-09) Order NPJWCM.
3000 Prod Control Accepted - (10-14-09) TPW 11/02/09.
3300 Scheduled - (10-26-09)
3400 Broadcast - (10-31-09)
3800 Produced - (11-06-09) VIN 2G1FC1EV6A9165272
4200 Shipped - (11-09-09) Rail ETTX701486
5000 Deliver dealer - (11-27-09)
6000 Deliver customer - (11-27-09)
MightyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:01 AM   #112
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:

If the SS wasn't a good value and they were overcharging it would be one thing. But the of the matter is that in order to get a better performing car you need to pay an extra $15k and buy a GT500. And the market obviously agrees that it is a good value, otherwise they wouldn't have sold nearly as many.

Camaro Fest sub-forum