Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 02-10-2017, 12:31 PM   #1
FERRARI

Drives: 2017 ZL1 10 Speed Auto
National Availability

Does anyone know the total number of automatic transmission Zl1 's that are available for the current DOSP? As you recall, 99 were available for the first DOSP.
FERRARI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 12:54 PM   #2
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
It was not a Constraint Item in current Order Cycle...

Weekly Ordering Constraints - 2/9 - ZL1 - Order Cycle

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 01:56 PM   #3
NUCAR

Drives: 68 big block
Automatic was NOT on constraint, just green and maroon.
NUCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 02:54 PM   #4
Evolvedx27

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRARI View Post
Does anyone know the total number of automatic transmission Zl1 's that are available for the current DOSP? As you recall, 99 were available for the first DOSP.
I would like to know this as well. But M6
Evolvedx27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 03:19 PM   #5
FERRARI

Thank you so much Becky for your quick response.
As I understand this then, there are no limitations on the number of orders that can be "created" for an automatic ZL1, but since there are only so many Zl1 's that Lansing Grand River will crank out for the 4 TPW's in this cycle, so many automatic transmissions coming out of Romulus PowerTrain (10 per production day???),
I'm wondering if enough ZL1 's will be built in this cycle so that all unfillled status 1100 orders from the first DOSP will now be moved to status 2000 in this one. Respectfully.
Old 02-10-2017, 03:42 PM   #6
Biscuit.fr

Drives: Red hot ZL1 A10 2017
I don't think an allocation for march can be picked up on this one even if there is some room available...(feb cancelled or not placed, or changed...)
That is the process!
Biscuit.fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 12:34 AM   #7
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
What I am most interested in & will inquire down the road is how many ZL1's total were built for this 2017 GM build for all variants of the M6, A10's & those two in the verts. I'm very curious to see what public demand wants, holds through the year end & how GM production final output performed to it.

On a side note, I found this site because my dealer really didn't seem to communicate the whole availability, allocation, etc process once the ZL1 hit my radar. I've never been through this ordering a new car to my spec process & then add in an appearance of a limited aspect piece of the puzzle for this particular car?? It Made me a little flustered, but wow...being able to get help from Becky & the members to comprehend this & simply have the ability to track my car's progress without nagging the dealer of it coming to fruition is very damn skippy for a first timer!! Hell, most the cars & trucks I've purchased in the past 30 years did not even involve a test drive, much less being on edge when the order would be picked up, built & shipped. My salesman & GM I'm dealing with are also impressed with my front end understanding. I'm betting someone in the know will have 17 totals down the road.

~~~~~~~~~~

This place is awesome, I do not do the whole social media / FB crap where I'm sure it would have been a nightmare with a lot of garbage to filter through to enquire such details of the process & get solid 411, but have to say C6 has a great vibe, well moderated & entertaining to boot along with obvious knowledge. Glad to be part of the future ZL1 club and still deciding if I should gloat & drive it past the Ford dealers who all wanted ADM for the 350R I refused to consider before even discovering the 17 Camaro. I tried really hard to buy one & glad I failed.

Finally & sorry for the ramble...speaking of Ford, my 72 year old Dad called today to say he went shopping for the Ford Raptor to upgrade / turn in his King Ranch ( I told him sometime back about it having the same tranny & he got jazzed about it) So far the best he can do is $10k ADM!! Crazy.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 08:12 AM   #8
crossroaddemons

Drives: 1971 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
It was not a Constraint Item in current Order Cycle...

Weekly Ordering Constraints - 2/9 - ZL1 - Order Cycle

Becky
Can every dealer with an allocation this week order a green car or Garnet red if they wanted to or only certain dealers?
crossroaddemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 09:01 AM   #9
stella16
1959 Chevy Apache 4X4

I'm wondering the same thing. 2 dealers in my area, both with allocations, have Garnet red orders that aren't moving

Including mine.....:-(
stella16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 09:48 AM   #10
HyperBlueX2

Drives: '22 Silverado 2500HD Duramax LTZ
I am not sure who gets preference, but until all available numbers for the car are used, it should get picked up, if your dealer has allocation for this cycle......

Tuesday will be the day, if you still are at 1100, you didn't make it...... until then, you could still get picked up.....
Old 02-11-2017, 10:39 AM   #11
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossroaddemons View Post
Can every dealer with an allocation this week order a green car or Garnet red if they wanted to or only certain dealers?
I think green is only for 1LE...but i'm not sure.
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 11:36 AM   #12
FERRARI

I'm "feeling you" Artos. It's hard to understand that given a record level high nationwide Camaro inventory, causing Red Tag sales, a two week plant shutdown in January (and a planned early end of year plant shutdown??), why can't Chevy just crank out every Sold Zl1.
Old 02-11-2017, 11:57 AM   #13
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRARI View Post
I'm "feeling you" Artos. It's hard to understand that given a record level high nationwide Camaro inventory, causing Red Tag sales, a two week plant shutdown in January (and a planned early end of year plant shutdown??), why can't Chevy just crank out every Sold Zl1.
They are legally bound to their allocations and distribution plans by dealer franchise laws...
Old 02-11-2017, 01:43 PM   #14
stella16
1959 Chevy Apache 4X4

So I will get a 50th anniversary garnet red 10 speed no matter what?.....as long as I'm willing to wait it out?
stella16 is offline   Reply With Quote