Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-16-2009, 08:17 PM   #29
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
Dragon, the dealer and GM need to address the issues of her Camaro. All of them, in fact. Just because she owns 3 GM cars and 2 of them are running well, doesn't mean GM should turn a blind eye to the third car. By GM backing up and honoring their workmanship on her Camaro would be the greatest testament that GM truly has turned the page on not only shoddy automobiles, but also shoddy customer service as well. If I was GM, I would embrace this situation, make it right and then use it as a positive example to smeer in the faces of all of GM's competitors. I'm very curious and interested to see how the dealership responds to this.
I agree, though I don't recall saying anything about turning a blind eye to the Camaro...I mentioned that in regard to the OP and her opinion of GM.....

But again, that's why there's a warranty. GM will pay for any repairs due to defective parts/workmanship (they've also addressed many common issues in the assembly stage -- like the battery wire next to the exhaust). It's up to the dealer to actually file for the warranty repair, though. I've run into situation where they don't want to...so go to another.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:22 PM   #30
coolman

Quote:
The SHO has been in development for quite some time when they shut down the Taurus model line. Ford sank a boatload of money in R&D to get the Taurus to be their new cashcow. Yes, it is a quality car and it should be. The new Taurus is an exciting, polished vehicle.
What's your point. The camaro was in the works since 2006. They too had plenty of time to get it right out of the box. Please explain.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:23 PM   #31
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
It just sounded like the dealership was already giving her an issue. Probably best if she consulted a dealership first and then posted the results here.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:24 PM   #32
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
This might be slightly off topic, but how did you get a car with 0- miles on it? I can see 6 or 12 or something low, but 0?

Something's fishy.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:25 PM   #33
80Zedder
Cheif Pounderhard

Drives: 80camaro/Avalanche/srt8charger
well... nevermind lol
80Zedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:26 PM   #34
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
What's your point. The camaro was in the works since 2006. They too had plenty of time to get it right out of the box. Please explain.
I'll take my Camaro over a SHO any day of the week!
Old 12-16-2009, 08:30 PM   #35
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
I think the development of the SHO and the Camaro were headed in different directions. Firstly, you are dealing with two different R&D teams with different sets of goals. Secondly, the goal of the SHO Taurus R&D team had to refine their car in more "practical" areas, such as interior, conveniences/amenities and fuel efficiency, to name a few. The exterior of the car really didn't need to be a priority, so they didn't have to sacrifice the looks of the car to make sure the tail-lights don't fill up with water, or use special metallic paint that doesn't appear to be different colors. Thirdly, as practical as the V6 Camaro is supposed to be, it wasn't designed like a Taurus. The Camaro R&D team wanted to really focus on striking looks instead of all the refinements you would find in a Taurus. Yes, I'll admit, there were probably a few corners cut to make the Camaro work given it's price range, but to expect the Camaro to be built as well as an SHO/Taurus should be is expecting a bit much. Different classes of cars my friend and I say that with the utmost of respect!
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:34 PM   #36
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner View Post
I'll take my Camaro over a SHO any day of the week!
I like my camaro too ,but my wife like her new SHO better than she liked her 2lt camaro. Their both great cars. I was just pointing out ,that a car can be built out of box without problems. I will say though, I bought a 2005 mustang which was all new design and I did have a problem with getting fuel in the car. I also had to get the battery replace two months after I got it.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:35 PM   #37
Myothercarisafireengine

Drives: Red Jewel Tint 2SS
Coolman,
First of all..I was coming on here for help NOT harrassment..and it wasnt ZERO, it was under 10..I meant zero as in it came straight from the factory. I have every right to have my opinion about GM..they sold me a bad car and I am tired of going to the dealer every other week.
For the record, my car does have every single problem listed. EVERY one of them! I even wrote verbatim what was on my warranty invoices..sorry you feel I am fishy and last but not least..I AM NOT A HE!
Old 12-16-2009, 08:36 PM   #38
coolman

Quote:
I think the development of the SHO and the Camaro were headed in different directions. Firstly, you are dealing with two different R&D teams with different sets of goals. Secondly, the goal of the SHO Taurus R&D team had to refine their car in more "practical" areas, such as interior, conveniences/amenities and fuel efficiency, to name a few. The exterior of the car really didn't need to be a priority, so they didn't have to sacrifice the looks of the car to make sure the tail-lights don't fill up with water, or use special metallic paint that doesn't appear to be different colors. Thirdly, as practical as the V6 Camaro is supposed to be, it wasn't designed like a Taurus. The Camaro R&D team wanted to really focus on striking looks instead of all the refinements you would find in a Taurus. Yes, I'll admit, there were probably a few corners cut to make the Camaro work given it's price range, but to expect the Camaro to be built as well as an SHO/Taurus should be is expecting a bit much. Different classes of cars my friend and I say that with the utmost of respect!
Old 12-16-2009, 08:40 PM   #39
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myothercarisafireengine View Post
Coolman,
First of all..I was coming on here for help NOT harrassment..and it wasnt ZERO, it was under 10..I meant zero as in it came straight from the factory. I have every right to have my opinion about GM..they sold me a bad car and I am tired of going to the dealer every other week.
For the record, my car does have every single problem listed. EVERY one of them! I even wrote verbatim what was on my warranty invoices..sorry you feel I am fishy and last but not least..I AM NOT A HE!
That isn't what I was doing. I was asking mindz why he thought it sounded fishy. I fully believe you because as I stated before,I have had a ton of problems with my wifes camaro and thus traded it on an SHO among other reasons. I feel your pain. Sorry it came off wrong.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:41 PM   #40
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
"I do believe the SHO does proves that companies can build cars out of the box that don't have problems."

Do you think there isnt an SHO or two out there some where that are less than perfect?
THAT would be a miracle. Too many blanket statements here for me. If you have one or ten issues, go get them fixed or live with them. That's what warranties are for, and don't take no for an answer. Sometimes they just want you to go away and some people will accept that and not persue it. The squeaky wheel gets the grease and gets fixed.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:41 PM   #41
80Zedder
Cheif Pounderhard

Drives: 80camaro/Avalanche/srt8charger
yeah get it right, HE has boobs!
80Zedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:41 PM   #42
Myothercarisafireengine

Drives: Red Jewel Tint 2SS
DkknightX,

Thanks for your input..and thanks to the rest of you who have been helpful.
I guess I was venting earlier more than anything..it sux..I actually told my husband, that I should get rid of it and buy something else. I was that sad, when I came home tonight. ALL of you would be that sad if it were your car.

On a side note, as you can see by my posts, it is not like I live on here like some others..I didnt really have the time to read the millions of posts before I posted my posts.
All of this may be a simple fix, but the paint? Even in the thread on here, it addresses metallic colors and not really being able to fix that.