Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-03-2019, 01:49 PM   #15
lionssfan

Drives: 2010 2ss camaro
no problem, I'm used too it. I've been working with GM engineers and venders as a mechanic for 32 years, so sharing information is what can make a great product. I was real happy with the visiablity and appearance. They complimented the HID's nicely I thought. They looked like they belonged on the car versus trying to make something work. As far as the hardware kit goes. I wonder how the Bigworm hardware kit fits, and the quality of it. I ordered the whole lamp non-RS online I cant remember where just to get the hardware. The clips were cheap and the adjuster wheel rod was not long enough. That's when I did my own footwork and hit some junk yards. I Knew once I got the hardware from their I could make it work. I'll call bigworm and share my experience with them and compare notes. This might be an easier resolution for getting the hardware kit.
TVS2300, BTR cam PD stage 3, ID1050 injectors, CHE bronze trunnions, 7.400" pushrods,.660" lift platinum springs, Titanium ret, Zl1 fuel pump, Kooks LT headers, High flow cats, Roto Fab CAI, Corsa exh., Mellings oil pump, HD chain, ls2 damper, all synthetic, BMR control arms, zl1 toe link, BMR cradle mounts, W/bottle relocation, air scoop deflector, Hennessy wheels, two piece rotor, morimoto fogs, DRL harness, coilovers, Heads up install, mgw shifter, slps splitter, slp spoiler, zl1 side skirts, painted strips, debadged, tinted, 2018 emblems.

Edit Signature
lionssfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 09:56 PM   #16
davesnever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arogg View Post
I wish it were that simple. It corroded all the pins in the connector. Sidemarkers went out and fogs only worked whenever they wanted to and sometimes not at all. Sometimes one would come on but just blink. I mean, if you wanna buy the cheapie and "weatherproof" it yourself then yeah, I guess that works. I decided this time to just get the better part plus I felt good buying from a vendor here who took the time to help me
Use dielectric grease on all your connections, even in light bulb sockets. Never see the corrosion again.
davesnever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:08 PM   #17
sjmautoprod

Drives: '16 2SS
Just spend a bit more and get a quality, sealed harness! Ask if they use proper wire seals.
sjmautoprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:41 PM   #18
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
I did this swap 2 years ago, pretty straight forward. I already had the harness from Gen5diy to keep the Fogs/DRL's always on.

If you have an 10-13 RS you will need to buy an adapter to go from P13W bulb to 5202 bulb.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=484670
Old 02-08-2019, 07:08 AM   #19
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmautoprod View Post
Just spend a bit more and get a quality, sealed harness! Ask if they use proper wire seals.

That's what I did this time.. Learned my lesson

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 02:53 PM   #20
ghost_l2yder

Drives: 2013 camaro zl1
I used the morimoto housings in my fog light location. 20x better than any led bulb replacement. I have a how to video up on my YouTube channel as gen5concepts if anyone wants to take a look
ghost_l2yder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 05:38 PM   #21
davesnever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_l2yder View Post
I used the morimoto housings in my fog light location. 20x better than any led bulb replacement. I have a how to video up on my YouTube channel as gen5concepts if anyone wants to take a look
SS or RS and link to youtube please!
Old 02-14-2019, 06:42 PM   #22
ghost_l2yder

Sorry. Zl1 bumper. Same fogs as the 14-15 ss
Old 02-14-2019, 06:45 PM   #23
ghost_l2yder

https://youtu.be/_GMYVDUsXKk
Old 02-15-2019, 12:05 AM   #24
davesnever

Quote:
Thanks anyhow, I'll take a look anyways.
Old 02-16-2019, 08:00 PM   #25
5oramac

Drives: chevy camaro
Quote:
Thanks, I did watch the 9 mins and 42 secs video, it's a big help on how to install the morimoto fog lights
Old 02-25-2019, 09:07 AM   #26
bigwormgraphix
Account Suspended

Drives: 1991 Z28, 2015 SS & 2017 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiwho View Post
I do have the RS light on my so from the photos you shared and the research I have done it look like I would have to get the kit with the extra hardware for them. See how the RS lights mount into the housing makes sense to me why I would need to add the clips to the morimoto lights. That is how they are held into the bumper, and I agree with you about wanting the ome clips to hold them in place.

Again I would like to think you for you time with writing up the how to guild on these, I think the help not only the look of the car play the drive-ably of it at night.
When you select the "hardware kit" and "RS DRL adapter" you would have everything you need to install the Morimoto lights on RS Camaros. With the hardware kit the stock lights come out and the Morimotos lights go in, you won't need anything additional. We also change the plug out so that everything plugs in with no changes. We also sell them for the same price as Morimoto and include Camaro specific instructions. Let me know if you have any questions, I've installed quite a few over the last 2 years.

https://www.bigwormgraphix.com/2010-...og-lights.html

We also have them for 2014-15 Camaros and ZL1 Camaros.

Last edited by bigwormgraphix; 02-25-2019 at 09:28 AM.
bigwormgraphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 09:19 AM   #27
bigwormgraphix
Account Suspended

Drives: 1991 Z28, 2015 SS & 2017 SS
Below is the hardware kit, they are just like the factory clips on non-RS Camaros. RS Camaros have the clip molded into the light so they are not removable which is why you need the clips. In order to get the clips we have to buy complete fog lights which is why they cost, unfortunately there isn't a supplier we have found that just sells the clips. We have this picture and several more at the link below:
https://www.bigwormgraphix.com/2010-...og-lights.html

bigwormgraphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 04:57 PM   #28
lionssfan

Drives: 2010 2ss camaro
i bought the after market lamp to get the clips. but found they weren't as robust as oem. thats why i went to a junk yard and got mine off a gm truck. glad to here your input bigwormgraphix.
TVS2300, BTR cam PD stage 3, ID1050 injectors, CHE bronze trunnions, 7.400" pushrods,.660" lift platinum springs, Titanium ret, Zl1 fuel pump, Kooks LT headers, High flow cats, Roto Fab CAI, Corsa exh., Mellings oil pump, HD chain, ls2 damper, all synthetic, BMR control arms, zl1 toe link, BMR cradle mounts, W/bottle relocation, air scoop deflector, Hennessy wheels, two piece rotor, morimoto fogs, DRL harness, coilovers, Heads up install, mgw shifter, slps splitter, slp spoiler, zl1 side skirts, painted strips, debadged, tinted, 2018 emblems.

Edit Signature
lionssfan is offline   Reply With Quote