Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-23-2011, 04:21 PM   #309
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
We've not seen that hood on any ZL1's on any of the recent videos nor is it on the ZL1 being auctioned in Las Vegas. It could be another Camaro just as easily or even more easily than the ZL1. Speculation puts it in the Z28 forum.
I hear you. But - I still think GM's finishing ZL1, which means any Z28 wouldn't be in the works until after ZL1 is done. Therefore, I'm not thinking this is Z28, unfortunately... That hood is closer to ZL1 than anything we've seen I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Z28 though

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:37 PM   #310
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggyB22 View Post
Yea honestly...... who cares?
More people then you think.
Fightinfire921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:02 PM   #311
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
I hear ya'.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:48 PM   #312
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Possibly we can bet a higher resolution shot from somewhere of the hood and the "device" located in front of the open hole. To me, this was obviously a hastily cut hole probably with an air saw to test something. Also obviously visible is what appears to be a series of tubes with bracing, or brackets,with mesh screen like a condensor, in the mouth of the hole. Looks to be like 5/16" or 3/8" steel tubing. I blew up the image to 400% but, there is not enough resolution in the picture to tell for sure. It does not look an air intake housing for a N/A FI unit, but it's shape is equally curved at the bottom corners and angled the same on the top ends. They stuck something in there to try out, that's for sure. Whose got any thoughts?
Old 09-23-2011, 07:00 PM   #313
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
It'd look freaking scary!!!

That works for me, ZL1 HL-V
(Hannibal Lecter Version)

(It eats horse meat.)
Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:03 PM   #314
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
Possibly we can bet a higher resolution shot from somewhere of the hood and the "device" located in front of the open hole. To me, this was obviously a hastily cut hole probably with an air saw to test something. Also obviously visible is what appears to be a series of tubes with bracing, or brackets,with mesh screen like a condensor, in the mouth of the hole. Looks to be like 5/16" or 3/8" steel tubing. I blew up the image to 400% but, there is not enough resolution in the picture to tell for sure. It does not look an air intake housing for a N/A FI unit, but it's shape is equally curved at the bottom corners and angled the same on the top ends. They stuck something in there to try out, that's for sure. Whose got any thoughts?
Old School you're killin me here! LOL I bet you hadn't looked that hard at a pic since you were a teen lookin at naked africans in National Geographic LOL
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:39 AM   #315
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
Old School you're killin me here! LOL I bet you hadn't looked that hard at a pic since you were a teen lookin at naked africans in National Geographic LOL
...too funny Htron...,<sadly it's true...LOL> give me naughty bits blowup photo's of the ZL1 hood cutout!
Old 09-24-2011, 11:45 AM   #316
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post
That works for me, ZL1 HL-V
(Hannibal Lecter Version)

(It eats horse meat.)
Quote:

Old 10-13-2011, 09:49 PM   #317
eyedoc2

Drives: 69 SS350 VERT 4SPD, 10 2SSRS M6 RJT
Love most everything I've seen about the ZL-1, but not so sure I love the sound at idle.
Wouldn't it sound a lot more bada** with a camshaft grind so you hear a little thumpin'
when you're sitting at that traffic light?! Doesn't have to affect streetablity...comp already does it with their Thumper camshafts. So instead of blah-blah-blah you would hear just a little bum-budda-bum...perma-grin would be bigger!
eyedoc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:00 AM   #318
OldScoolCamaro

Every time I see the ZL1 in this configuration I think of what it would look with a number 3 on it and GM Certified Service (Goodwrench back in the day) on the quarter panel. I wonder how Dale would have served this one up at his dealership. He often had his own special edition's for sale. We'll never know. Miss ya Intimidator.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:10 AM   #319
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyedoc2 View Post
Love most everything I've seen about the ZL-1, but not so sure I love the sound at idle.
Wouldn't it sound a lot more bada** with a camshaft grind so you hear a little thumpin'
when you're sitting at that traffic light?! Doesn't have to affect streetablity...comp already does it with their Thumper camshafts. So instead of blah-blah-blah you would hear just a little bum-budda-bum...perma-grin would be bigger!
There might not be a drivability problem, but I'm sure there'd be a concern for emissions. The higher the duration overlap, the more emissions go up in general, if I'm not mistaken.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:45 AM   #320
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC

Drives: '12 ZL1,67 Cam,68 Biscayne 427 4 sp
Thumper cams are for sound only. Better cams can be had for performance. Thumper cams leave a lot of power on the table and are a waste of money IMHO. You can buy a cd of a top fuel car and play it loud in the cd player..that would work..lol..
2012ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:14 AM   #321
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012ZL1 View Post
Thumper cams are for sound only. Better cams can be had for performance. Thumper cams leave a lot of power on the table and are a waste of money IMHO. You can buy a cd of a top fuel car and play it loud in the cd player..that would work..lol..
Not a bad idea......

We could turn it up and drown out the guy in the car next to use that's playing his sheet-metal rattling rap music.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:08 PM   #322
'StangBlaster5000

Drives: Waiting for the 2013 ZL1
Quote:
It really wasn't that hard to see silver dollar sized nipples, but they got the job done.....
'StangBlaster5000 is offline   Reply With Quote