Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: What do you want?
The Z/28 should be a GT500 fighter 47 46.53%
I just want my Z/28 back, with or without 500+hp 24 23.76%
We need a GT500 fighter, why not the Z/28 48 47.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2008, 12:27 AM   #71
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeTwentyFour View Post
I'm not sure I see the difference between choices 1 and 3
There really isn't....I don't think.

Bring back the Z28 and let it be fast. I'd prefer pure engine...no power adders. LS7 would be great for starters....less things to break....less stuff to have to work around when tuning, adding, modding, etc.

Also, a suspension package would be a must. Wait....that's going to be offered for the B4C package, right?!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:37 AM   #72
chadrcr
to Z or not to Z

Drives: 99 S10 ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
There really isn't....I don't think.

Bring back the Z28 and let it be fast. I'd prefer pure engine...no power adders. LS7 would be great for starters....less things to break....less stuff to have to work around when tuning, adding, modding, etc.

Also, a suspension package would be a must. Wait....that's going to be offered for the B4C package, right?!

mmmm B4C

99 S-10 ZR2
06 GMC Z71 - - - sold...
getting ready for my Camaro
02 Z28 - - - sold :( miss it!
chadrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:43 AM   #73
Robert91RS

Drives: Everywhere
The way you feel is the only difference between 1 and 3. If your not sure, you probably fall into 2 or 3. I enjoy talking about the controversial subjects and wondered if using the Z/28 as a 500 fighter would be a "problem" for most people. It's been a great conversation and I'm very happy we have kept the coments polite.
Robert91RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 05:06 PM   #74
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert91RS View Post
The way you feel is the only difference between 1 and 3. If your not sure, you probably fall into 2 or 3. I enjoy talking about the controversial subjects and wondered if using the Z/28 as a 500 fighter would be a "problem" for most people. It's been a great conversation and I'm very happy we have kept the coments polite.
I'm ALWAYS down to elaborate on what I think in this regards

Seriously, not to sound like a smart @$$, but I think the pole results answer your question. From what it shows, I'm really suprised to see that it seems more people would be interested in the GT-fighter - bottom line. I figured I'd honestly see the majority go with the more traditional route, but am please that I'm not in the apparent minority. I've said it before but: I live in a crappy state with crappy smog laws. They don't mess around here. I've gotten pulled over for running with no cats' once, paid a $300 fine, and got pulled over again, WITH cats', and paid a $250 fine for non-CARB long tubes (LT)s (well, there aren't any CARB-legal LTs, but I digress...) Even if my car would pass a sniffer with LTs and cats', the car would still not pass a visual inspection, and we have to do BOTH in order to obtain our registration.

Why I wanted a supercharged model is because I can keep most of my exhaust OEM, add a pulley with a couple more pounds of boost, add a few more bolt-ons, and with a tune, be completely happy with my power, AND, the cops (yes, cops are familiar with smog-legal parts here) won't know the better. I just can't really enjoy driving my '02 because of the LTs I have on the car and the worry about getting pulled over and getting another $250 is just distracting. In addition to this, I've always been jealous since '03 when the Cobra got it's new teeth. They were way underrated and with just the simple stuff I'd like to do, they'd be easily making like 450 RWHP. After seeing that kind of power from simple, reliable mods', I just wanted to be able to do the same thing, with OEM parts.

Some of the suggestions many people have come up with are good ideas. Something like if GMPP were to offer a performance supercharger package that keeps your warranty was a great idea, IMVHO. I just would really like an engine that's been validated to 100K miles, and has a bottom end that won't blow out onto the street after I add a few more pounds of boost. If GMPP could do that with this suggested kit, that would be very interesting too (not to mention I'm sure that kind of kit would be cheaper than what GM could charge for an actual Z28 car with upgraded chassis/powertrain/suspension parts that could probably add another $10K-15K.

I could go on more, but I'd said it so many times that I know people are tired of reading it. Sorry... :(

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:33 PM   #75
chadrcr
to Z or not to Z

Math is not my favorite subject.... but what is up with the poll math?
1. 46%
2. 24%
3. 46%
_______
116%

that seems like fuzzy math to me, what are yall tryin to pull?

99 S-10 ZR2
06 GMC Z71 - - - sold...
Old 08-29-2008, 10:41 PM   #76
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
It was a poll where you could select multiple choices...so some people voted for two or even three of them.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:49 PM   #77
chadrcr
to Z or not to Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
It was a poll where you could select multiple choices...so some people voted for two or even three of them.
there should still be 100% percent of votes. so the % is how many people want each, and some people want to vote 2 or 3 times.....
all the votes should = 100% obviously not, but I thought it was funny.

99 S-10 ZR2
06 GMC Z71 - - - sold...
Old 08-29-2008, 10:49 PM   #78
NOODLESgoneWILD
IS IT 2009 YET???

Drives: '05 Z51 Black Vette & '06 H2
Send a message via MSN to NOODLESgoneWILD
I just want something Bad Ass to park inbetween the Vette & H2...Cant' I dream?????
Old 08-30-2008, 08:21 AM   #79
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
^^^^AMEN!!
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:59 PM   #80
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadrcr View Post
there should still be 100% percent of votes. so the % is how many people want each, and some people want to vote 2 or 3 times.....
all the votes should = 100% obviously not, but I thought it was funny.
its based off of the number of members who have voted. If everyone voted 3 times it would read
100%
100%
100%
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote