Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 08-09-2015, 08:36 PM   #43
racergirl

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS A6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post

Racergirl, you are awesome and had the most fun talking and picking with you. If you didn't met Racergirl, she is a sexy, fiery red head that can drive the HELL out of a car. She is every bit of a badass driver!!
Hank! Thank you! You got me in the feels. I was so glad that I finally got to meet you! You're such a fun and awesome. And I love your wife! Better treat that lovely lady right! But no matter how much s*** talking we do on the site, at the end of the day, we love each other. I can't wait

Former Camaro: 2013 2LS
BONE STOCK: 13.953@100.77 With Bolt-Ons: 13.646@101.60
With 75 shot and Bolt-Ons: 12.587@111.25
Performance Mods: CAI Intake, MRT V2, SLP Underdrive Pulley, DRs, Skinnies, Rear seat delete
racergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:38 PM   #44
Rico
Flying da helicopter

Drives: Black SS/RS
I wish we would have been there since Thursday, but it was still fun. Watching the races was fun too, I was just sad I didn't partake. Late yesterday we went to the corvette museum and that was pretty awesome.

I was laughing because racegirl was getting faster times then half the V8s out there. Great job! I got a couple videos of you and Ruby running down the strip.
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:40 PM   #45
bhillakaiceberg

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 2017 1SS
I had a GREAT time! This was my third Fest and this was by far my BEST experience! Met a lot of awesome people and put many screen names with faces. Can't wait until the next location is decided and announced. Hopefully I will be able to make it again!

Thanks to the entire Camaro5 Staff for coordinating a fantastic event!

2017 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS Auto
9.29 @144.57mph ALL MOTOR SBE

#TEAMGPI Gwatney Performance Innovation

bhillakaiceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:56 PM   #46
layjar12

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
I had a good time but the over all it fell way short of my expectations. The communication on what was going on when and where was non existent. I had no idea what was going on and because of that I missed out on prob 75% of the events. This may or mat have not been my fault because I did not try hard enough or did not ask the right person. If I wanted to ask I had no idea who to ask. The road course scared me to death! The communication and execution there was very poor. I understand that this was mostly due to the rain. The lack of instructors was not good. Part of the reason I wanted to do the road course was to have an instructor ride with me, that did not happen. Where there classes? they said their were classes but I have no idea where they were if they actually happened. I skipped the first 2 runs because of the rain, loved the 3rd run in the dry and then a 720 deg spin on the 4th run finished it off for me. No real direction other than the guy telling everyone that you could wreck your car and then thrown to the wolves. Had a blast at the auto cross Thursday morning but in doing so missed out on the drag racing. Once I was done with Autocross the drag racing was under way. All this very well could have been my fault for not trying hard enough to find the right people to ask. Still had a great time but it could have been so much better. Hapy that I got the good deal on the Roto Fab display this year!
2013 SS 1LE, Custom GPI heads and Tune, GPI SS3 cam, Stainless works 1 7/8" headers, Roto Fab cold air intake w/ racing scoop, Roto Fab engine covers, GPI intake rod mod, NPP exhaust, cat delete, ZL1 rockers. 491 hp and 441 ft-lb
layjar12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:37 PM   #47
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Tough for a group of volunteers to organize so many from so many different locations and no names. They offered a lot this year, just needed to enjoy what you could get in. The online schedule they posted was about all the communication you'll get. Worked for me. All I wanted to do was run a few test and tune runs down a new track for me. Got plenty in. No waiting more than a few cars. My goal was to not break anything or crash. Succeeded, and got home safe.

Overall, this Fest exceeded my expectations. Way more showed up than I thought would. Venue was great, car show on Saturday was incredible. Host hotel lot was awesome too. Missed the Texas bar this year, but at least they tried. Had lots of bottles there, but nobody was mixing any shots.
Burnout contest with the Pony cars was exciting, to say the least. Hope no one went to jail. ? Not cool!

Thanks to the staff for putting it together. Hope it comes back this way again soon.

SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:58 PM   #48
ntmad8tr
Music City Camaro Club

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Spring Special Edition
I had a great time. Was my first fest. Got to the host hotel on Wednesday, the track day on Thursday, although wet, was a blast. The meet and greet Thursday evening was great. The low number of vendors didn't really bother me, I wasn't going to buy mods or get them installed. I also really don't have complaints, I would just make a few suggestions:

1. the car show should be done in the grassy area as you come through the main gate, just like they do for LS Fest. This for multiple reasons. The first being that with all the cars that were there to be in the show, the little area just wasn't large enough to accommodate all the cars with enough room to get out to hit the strip when their class was called. If they wouldn't have done that last round of qualifying at around 1:15ish I would have missed running in the V8 class because I couldn't get out of the show area because of how we had to pack the cars in there for the show. The grassy area allows for enough area to park everyone with enough room to drive out if needed.
The other thing would be, and I know the drag tower is mostly in charge of it, but since there was no time listed for the bracket racing other than sometime Friday afternoon and some of us were Camaro crossing at the same time and there was not a call made down to the course, yes I know there is the PA system but you can not understand or sometimes even hear what they are saying if you are not in the drag area, didn't hear the call for brackets. So I and a couple of others completely missed the bracket racing.

Really other than those minor things it was a very good time.
I met many people in the parking lot each night around the car or by the parking lot bar.
Thanks to everyone for attending and can't wait until next year.
EMC(SS) USN RET. 2014 2SS Spring Special Edition,1 of 293. Cold Air Inc. CAI,Apex Catch Can, Kooks 1-7/8" headers, Kooks HF Cats, X-pipe, Kooks mufflers,Graphite, BMR Toe links, BMR rear trailing arms, MRR228s,RGB ORACLE Colorshift Halos, RGB LED Engine bay and Grille lighting, Diode Dynamics RGB Fog Lights. NightOwl LED control system. Painted engine cover by S.L. Customs. River Cities Creations painted strut brace. My Build Thread
ntmad8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 11:23 PM   #49
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
We had a great time ! All the organizers and moderators and the Derby Club did a great job in my opinion ! The venue was good as well. Seemed like everyone in that town was very happy to see us there and went out of their way to make us happy in all the local establishments we visited. It was also certainly nice to finally meet some people from the forum in person and get to know them a little better. We all came home and looked at each other and said, "was that fun or what". This is a great community filled with people who are not afraid to put in some time and hard labor to get the task accomplished. THANKS !
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 05:47 AM   #50
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawSS View Post
^^^ hrpiii, it was very nice to get to talk with you and your wife at the show. I look forward to meeting up again with maybe something we can grudge match with next year.
You too ClawSS!! Hey, what can I say, you have one beautiful car!! I'm on for the Grudge match, I may have a couple more mods by then.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:55 AM   #51
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
I wish we would have been there since Thursday, but it was still fun. Watching the races was fun too, I was just sad I didn't partake. Late yesterday we went to the corvette museum and that was pretty awesome.

I was laughing because racegirl was getting faster times then half the V8s out there. Great job! I got a couple videos of you and Ruby running down the strip.
I'd love to get a copy of those videos! Did you put them on YouTube? Post 'em up! It would be much appreciated.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:04 AM   #52
MaureenM@RC

Drives: 2018 EQUINOX
Quote:
Originally Posted by layjar12 View Post
I had a good time but the over all it fell way short of my expectations. The communication on what was going on when and where was non existent. I had no idea what was going on and because of that I missed out on prob 75% of the events. This may or mat have not been my fault because I did not try hard enough or did not ask the right person. If I wanted to ask I had no idea who to ask. The road course scared me to death! The communication and execution there was very poor. I understand that this was mostly due to the rain. The lack of instructors was not good. Part of the reason I wanted to do the road course was to have an instructor ride with me, that did not happen. Where there classes? they said their were classes but I have no idea where they were if they actually happened. I skipped the first 2 runs because of the rain, loved the 3rd run in the dry and then a 720 deg spin on the 4th run finished it off for me. No real direction other than the guy telling everyone that you could wreck your car and then thrown to the wolves. Had a blast at the auto cross Thursday morning but in doing so missed out on the drag racing. Once I was done with Autocross the drag racing was under way. All this very well could have been my fault for not trying hard enough to find the right people to ask. Still had a great time but it could have been so much better. Hapy that I got the good deal on the Roto Fab display this year!
Here is the link that was put out before the Fest

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=418259
MaureenM@RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:20 AM   #53
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Now that I've been to my first fest, I know a lot more about how things progress. That will make my next one much more enjoyable. I wish I knew about the Friday NCM racing as that would have been a blast to watch.

Considering this is basically a 'volunteer' group organized event, I say amazing job! With everything to consider, that is a lot of worked accomplished for folks who also have 'day' jobs...

For Myself and my Wife, meeting the 'Camaro' family was the highlight for me. Amazing work done on these cars and the passion everyone has -- it was awesome.

The schedule was available and was very helpful -- I personally missed the 'Friday Night' get together -- but it was listed so I'll take that one ;o)...

Overall, I can't wait for next year with the 6th Gen coming out and I feel the 'vendors' may be more likely to have items to show/sell/install for that one!

For me, I would have loved meeting more of the vendors I worked with on my build (Maryland Speed, Apex, JDP, just to name a few). I feel the relationships I try to build would be helped by having met them in person however; I do understand the costs associated with making the event!

The young lady @ Borla was very kind and helpful -- I was able to see the quality of their work -- amazing stuff.

Fabberge was also another vendor that was awesome to speak with. Their twin turbo kits were amazing to see up close as well as the pricing point (with Camaro5 discount -- wow).

It was also fun seeing Jannetty Racing doing their thing -- how cool was that -- really something...

Of course so many other vendors (Holley had a awesome display) and GM with the 6th Gen convertible --

When you go back and review what we had there, it was very fun. I know it may not have been as large (vendor wise) as the past, but for me, I got my feet wet and now, can't wait for the next fest!

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:01 AM   #54
Raven42nd
"Let 'em eat crow"

Drives: 2014 Spring Edition V6 Conv
My family and I had a great time. I was great getting together with everyone and meeting all of you at Beech Bend and the hotel. Thanks for making this a memorable event, that my son won't forget either.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:22 AM   #55
NickJRE

Drives: Nothing Fun.
I can tell you the guys and I had a great time meeting everyone, and installing parts for you all. It was really an awesome time for us. We were all amazed at how awesome and patient everyone was waiting to talk to us/installs. This community really is awesome.

I thought the whole event seemed very well organized. Especially for how many people and how many events there were. I saw quite a few other vendors and personally I felt everyone was great. I didn't hear a single complaint about any of the vendors there.

Look forward to seeing you all again
NickJRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:44 AM   #56
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Had a blast and the track event was Thursday was the primary reason I came to this Fest. The rain was kind of disappointing but you can't change mother nature. Didn't get to see any drag racing or spend much time with vendors since I was working autocross all Fest but still had a blast with the CamaroCross team!
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote