Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #113
CC Performance
Account Suspended

Drives: 99 Camaro SS, 79 z28, 70 GTX
I've seen them all from the original Van Halen Mean streets tour to Cyndi Lauper and Eddie Money to Black Sabbath and Quite Riot to the Dead.......

TO me it all depends on your idea of a good "show"... The rock shows with all the lights and explosions and stuff or the sound of the music and voice of the singers...
Rush, Billy Joel, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Neil Young, Journey back in the day...
most energy ever on stage was Journey.. saw them with Point Blank in the Cumberland Country Civic center Maine.... but all of them were the best when I saw them... except Kiss.. Kiss looked bored on stage and Ted Nugent blew them away... Billy Joel was awesome as was CSNY and Rush... Buju Banton was a good concert as well and I've been to half a dozen Reggae Festivals that were always a good time as well...

Live music is for the soul
I suppose if I had to pick at this point in my life it would be CSNY and Billy Joel, boht my wife and I attended and they were special nights... yes we're a little older..hahahaha
CC Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:51 PM   #114
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Well, Rush was a good show. Would not say it was the best concert I have seen, not even the best Rush concert but it was very good. Beware if you have an exaggerated startle reflex like me. I about jumped out of my seat a couple of times (loud fireworks booms). Like most concerts, I wish I could have picked the play list. A few of the songs I personally did not particularly care for (not bad, just not ones I would have picked to hear)IMHO. But they rocked the house & a good light show too. It was cool when they announced that one of the songs from their upcoming album that they played, was recorded in Nashville!
Old 04-04-2011, 09:59 PM   #115
Coe's_Mro
SoCal Mayhem/Raceteam #16

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 1LT
Three Days Grace with Adelita's Way and Civil Twilight was by far the best concert i've ever been to. They rocked it!
Foreigner was awesome also though and i went to SRH fest in San Bernardino last year. longest concert i think ever. but it was fun
Going to see Quiet Riot saturday :party0048:
Old 04-04-2011, 10:05 PM   #116
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Performance View Post
I've seen them all from the original Van Halen Mean streets tour to Cyndi Lauper and Eddie Money to Black Sabbath and Quite Riot to the Dead.......

TO me it all depends on your idea of a good "show"... The rock shows with all the lights and explosions and stuff or the sound of the music and voice of the singers...
Rush, Billy Joel, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Neil Young, Journey back in the day...
most energy ever on stage was Journey.. saw them with Point Blank in the Cumberland Country Civic center Maine.... but all of them were the best when I saw them... except Kiss.. Kiss looked bored on stage and Ted Nugent blew them away... Billy Joel was awesome as was CSNY and Rush... Buju Banton was a good concert as well and I've been to half a dozen Reggae Festivals that were always a good time as well...

Live music is for the soul
I suppose if I had to pick at this point in my life it would be CSNY and Billy Joel, boht my wife and I attended and they were special nights... yes we're a little older..hahahaha
Yeah - most of what I've read in this thread have been rock shows. But not every great show I've seen has been rock - I have very eclectic taste. Bette Midler puts on a great show - I laughed my a$$ off and cried my eyes out all in a span of 3 hours. TransSiberian Orchestra really rocks out the classical music, and has the best pyrotechnics and laser show I've ever seen. Manhattan Transfer (if you're into vocal jazz) was fabulous in a small, up-close & personal venue. Lady Gaga puts on an amazing show, her music and vocals were studio quality, with great sets and back up dancers.
All depends on what you are into at that moment. All live shows are fun!
Old 04-05-2011, 05:38 AM   #117
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Quote:
Going to see Quiet Riot saturday :party0048:
Bang your Head.

Last edited by SSBUSDRVR; 04-05-2011 at 06:23 AM.
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:08 AM   #118
Suskam

Drives: '11 Camaro/ '02 Grand Prix
Going to ROCK ON THE RANGE in May again! Can't wait to see A PERFECT CIRCLE again and BLACK LABEL SOCIETY again!!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:36 PM   #119
springerpete
Orange GM freak

Drives: 2004 3500HD
The best concert that I had the most fun was Molly Hatchet when Danny Jo Brown was still alive.

Hank Jr is a close second if not tied for first. He can play everything on the stage. Its a country/rock concert.

REO Speedwagon was a great concert. Adrian Cronaur can sing and the guitars were amazing.

George Thorogood played his butt off and put on a helluva show. Saw him at the Cain's Ballrooom

It's funny how Garth Brooks is crazy famous. He used to play at the local dance club in Stillwater when I went to OSU. We paid 3 dollars covor charge to see him. That was up from 2 bucks normal.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:09 PM   #120
jgr
ironhead

Drives: 2004 silverado diesel 2010ss
How about this, The Round Up at J F K stadium Phila. Outlaws,Molly Hatchet,Tucker,Little Feet and because it was many moons ago I may have left someone out. Good show in a bad arena.
jgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:35 PM   #121
RubyCamaro
Jan

I wonder if after Saturday I will have a new favorite? My hubby, daughter, son-in-law & myself are going to see U2 in Nashville. Hummmmmmmm? We shall see.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:55 PM   #122
RubyCamaro
Jan

Check this out:
http://www.newschannel5.com/story/15...ow-u2-360-fans

Sounds like it will be pretty cool!
Old 07-01-2011, 11:16 PM   #123
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Quote:
Sounds like it will be pretty cool!
Yes it is! Saw them in Tampa on a former 360 leg and headed to Pittsburgh at the end of the month to see them at Heinz Field.
Hope you have a great time!!

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 06:18 PM   #124
RubyCamaro
Jan

It was a great show. Lots of pretty cool moments. A tribute to Bono's late friend & one time recording partner Johny Cash, thank yous to Nashville musicians who helped with raising $ for worthy causes. And a blind fan being brought up on stage to play a song on Bono's guitar backed by the band & Bono singing - then getting the guitar as a gift. Here are links to video from the above moments & a pic of me & hubby at the show. It was overall a very good show & one I am very glad I saw. Still.........not the best live band I have ever seen though. I also ran into a couple of other C5 members - good seeing you there BlackBeauty. Plus yet another Camaro parked in the same lot with us (I left Ruby at home!).

http://www.u2.com/news/title/the-wanderer-in-nashville/

Attached Images

Last edited by RubyCamaro; 01-03-2012 at 09:53 PM.
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #125
RubyCamaro
Jan

Who is going to see Roger Waters the Wall Tour? I'll be at the Nashville show!
Old 01-04-2012, 12:54 AM   #126
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I didn't record this, but it's much better than the footage I got from the Rush concert this summer at the Gorge.