#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 02-10-2016, 09:30 AM   #211
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
I've read all the stories, looked at all the pictures, I am SO glad I waited and didn't get a regular SS...

The wheels look fantastic, to the point I wouldn't even change them. Plus the fat tires look awesome.

The huge brakes are great too, and the e-diff was a huge surprise.

The suspension upgrades all seem to be well thought out, just kinda surprised MRC is not an option. I was kinda set on coilovers, but I will deal.

I like all the suede trim and standard Recaros are a surprise to say the least. The cosmetic changes are all a thumbs up too.

Kinda glad it stayed manual only, surprised they made a V6 option too, but Ford has the same deal on the Mustang, so it makes sense to have a "lesser" 1LE.

I am fine with it being a 1SS, as I have no desire for all the gadgets and gizmos on a car like this. Plus, it's not "just" an 1SS, I mean suede, leather, Recaros, HUD, etc are pretty sweet to have...

Only worry I have is pricing.................No way can this be $3500 like last generation. Yes, no need to upgrade the tranny this time, but with the MRC, NPP, Recaros, etc all standard (IMO MRC, NPP and the Recaros should be an option), I can't see this being less the $5000. Since it is a package, they need to give you a deal on the total of parts, and they say it will be "affordably priced", I just hope they don't bump it up too much. Figure $37,xxx for a 1SS, then add in $5,000 for the 1LE package, for a total of like $42,xxx would be fair, and about the same as a regular 2SS...

--- On that note, where are the pics of the Recaros in the SS/1LE?!?! ---
Totally agreed on the Recaro being an option. Mostly because for someone like me who is on the rounder side lol they can get uncomfortable fast. I remember at last year's auto show sitting in a few cars with Recaro seats. They would have been awesome at the track, but for back and forth to work no thanks!
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:31 AM   #212
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Few options, manual trans only.. This is great and good enough to beat the manual trans only GT350. If Chevy does a Z28, it leaves room to build a no a/c, no rear seat and what ever else they can remove. Plus add a few horses and we will have a GT350R contender.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:32 AM   #213
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Looks like a great package. Someone asked about solid rotors on the 1LE vs drilled rotors in the SS. Drilled rotors are prone to cracking after a lot of hard tracking caused by extreme heat. The solid rotors are an upgrade in the respect.

This is also the first time we see a 1LE logo on the car, on those big red calipers.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:32 AM   #214
Cam 6

Drives: 2018 Colorado ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
The complaints about the option not offered with the A8 or 2SS brings up an interesting point on GM's overall pricing strategy. Their SOP for several years has been to over price their options (and models in some cases) and then offer steep discounts 12 months or so later to boost sales.

In this case, they seem to be limiting options to intentionally keep the price down rather than follow their usual practice. That's stating the obvious, considering the 1LE is considered the best for bang option out there, but I wonder if they're nervous if they price it too high it will be smack in the middle of C7 territory considering you can get a well optioned C7 Z51 at a killer deal right now? Just some thoughts.
Great point. A 2016 Z51 2LT with MRC and black wheels can be had right now for under $62K. There is a glut of C7s right now.
Cam 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:32 AM   #215
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Very cool.

Might have to try the new GY's on my ZL1....
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:33 AM   #216
-Rooster-

Drives: 23 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam 6 View Post
If you price out a 1SS on the Chevy site with MRC, 6-pot brake kit, and NPP the price comes in at $43,060.

If the package comes in under $5K I will be pleasantly surprised. I'm guessing $48K total.
Considering the SS price hike that already happened for 2016, I have to imagine that $5k was the price target for the package. That's what I expect to see. Also, isnt that where the Z51 package's pricing falls? We'll see how well Chevrolet researched the market, becuase that's about all I'm willing to pay before looking outside of the Camaro lineup.

One thing is for sure, the parts in the package absolutely will not be able to be replicated by the aftermarket for whatever the package costs.
-Rooster- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:34 AM   #217
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I don't think it will be that easy. At least not for the same price. The same was true of last generation's 1LE.

Obviously, nobody's driven one yet - but the ELSD is magical, according to magazines of the Stingray...and they've recalibrate MR for this particular setup. Of course, as always, a person can modify his/her own car to keep up...but there's that subtle factor of the driving "feel"...and I have a hunch that it's going to be effortless to drive this car ridiculously fast.

Well, consider that even though they're forged...the wheels are much wider than the standard LT setup, there's additional track coolers, and the brakes are 4-piston Brembos up front standard. Then there's unique some aero components, too (marginal weight).

It all adds up pretty quick.
I believe also the stock V6 cradle arms are plastic so the upgraded suspension added some weight. They did save a couple pounds from removing the fog lights. Can't wait to see both 1LEs tested by the magazines.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:35 AM   #218
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Is there no Audio on the videos?
Old 02-10-2016, 09:36 AM   #219
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOBBS View Post
About the only complaint that I can come up with is the lack of the Bose audio. That really wouldn't add much in terms of weight to offer it. Then again I hardly turn the radio on in my 5th Gen. I'm much more inclined to listen to the sound of long tube headers, no cats and a great cat-back on my commute.
With all the sound coming from the engine and exhaust, do we really need bose. Drove 2300 miles last season in my 15 C7 manual with NPP exhaust option, Radio is never on.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:36 AM   #220
Cam 6

Drives: 2018 Colorado ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Rooster- View Post
Considering the SS price hike that already happened for 2016, I have to imagine that $5k was the price target for the package. That's what I expect to see. Also, isnt that where the Z51 package's pricing falls? We'll see how well Chevrolet researched the market, becuase that's about all I'm willing to pay before looking outside of the Camaro lineup.

One thing is for sure, the parts in the package absolutely will not be able to be replicated by the aftermarket for whatever the package costs.
Yep, if you include the black wheels ($495)on the Z51 it is right about $5K.

Edit:Throw the wheels out of it. My bad, you are exactly right. $5K. I was thinking 1LT to 2LT.
Cam 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:37 AM   #221
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
All the other excuses aside, I just don't want it. I don't want it. I don't need a softer ride. I would never adjust it to the softer settings. Now, if I want to upgrade, I'm forced to pay for a system I don't want. The 6th gen 1LE will be a lot more expensive than the 5th gen. Plus, replacement MRC dampers are quite a lot more money.
very well - I bet you will still upgrade and just take out the MRC and sell it.

cuz it's that much better than the 5th...you know it.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:41 AM   #222
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
I have a hunch PDR will be standard with the stand alone navigation option on all trims after next model year, just like the Corvette.

As for the 1LE itself, man I love the package but I HATE the wrapped hood and mirrors. I don't like carbon fiber hoods, roofs, trunks, etc. Just my personal opinion. I prefer the car all the same body color.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:44 AM   #223
detltu

Drives: 1992 Z28 1LE; 2015 Zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Very cool.

Might have to try the new GY's on my ZL1....
I was thinking the same thing.
1991 Camaro Z28 1LE-
1992 Camaro Z28 1LE- 25th anniversary
2015 Camaro ZL1
detltu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:45 AM   #224
Davy_Baby9

Drives: Duramax
I want to see this in Red Hot!
Davy_Baby9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro 1le, 2017 camaro, 2017 camaro 1le, 6th gen camaro 1le, camaro 1le, camaro 1le 6th gen, camaro forum, camaro forums