Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-17-2011, 09:39 PM   #1
nkogneato

Drives: camaro
Order dates for 2012's???

When can you order the 2012's? Is there a release date? Also Ive seen more camaro's on chevy lots now than I have since they have been released. Just wondering if they might give a incentive or zero financing on the 2011's? One dealership had 11 camaro's on the lot, for a small West virginia lot I thought that was strange. Several dealerships had 10 or more, first time in 2 years that happened.
nkogneato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:54 AM   #2
panther2469

Drives: 2011 2SS RS SIM Litho # 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkogneato View Post
When can you order the 2012's? Is there a release date? Also Ive seen more camaro's on chevy lots now than I have since they have been released. Just wondering if they might give a incentive or zero financing on the 2011's? One dealership had 11 camaro's on the lot, for a small West virginia lot I thought that was strange. Several dealerships had 10 or more, first time in 2 years that happened.
Here is some info from Becky 2011 BUILDOUT / 2012 STARTUP PRODUCTION
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127050
Old 07-06-2011, 11:12 PM   #3
96z28ss

Drives: 96 Z28ss
So i have secured an order on the 2012 Zl1 with my local dealership. As yet I have not been able to choose my options of course as not all options have been released. However I have been holding off the past couple years on buying my new camaro as the rumors circulated about an upcoming z28. I have been partial to the inferno orange mettalic exterior and the two tone orange/black interior. Well now I am hearing that the only interior color option on the zl1 is black. This saddens me but of course will not stop me from buying the Zl1. Is there any possible way that I could special order or something the two tone interior that anyone knows of?
96z28ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:46 PM   #4
mrosa

Drives: 2012 SS2 Camaro
Here we are in July and STILL NO 2012 Camaro!!

Here we are in July and we are STILL not able to order a 2012 Camaro... First my dealer said it would be in May, then he said July, then August and now I heard they may not come out until the Winter??? Could someone please shed some light on whether or not the 2012's will be ready before it starts snowing????

Currently My dealer will not even secure an order slot for me because they do not know the prices yet and don't feel comfortable taking my $1000 non-refundable deposit without having the formal pricing and feature set.
mrosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:24 AM   #5
dutchnrican
brevard

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS M6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrosa View Post
Here we are in July and we are STILL not able to order a 2012 Camaro... First my dealer said it would be in May, then he said July, then August and now I heard they may not come out until the Winter??? Could someone please shed some light on whether or not the 2012's will be ready before it starts snowing????

Currently My dealer will not even secure an order slot for me because they do not know the prices yet and don't feel comfortable taking my $1000 non-refundable deposit without having the formal pricing and feature set.
Production starts on the 18th. I have ordered a 2012 camaro. I was trying to trade my 2011 cyber grey lt in at a local dealership for a 2011 2ss and they didn't have the exact one I wanted...so their inventory manager said why don't I just get a 2012, they will be here soon. He said he had 18 allocations and would use one to order a car exactly the way I wanted it. I didn't have to put down a deposit or anything. They mailed me the order paperwork and I have my order number. It was entered into GM's system the day after the order was made. He said it would be here in 4-5 weeks. good luck!
dutchnrican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:31 AM   #6
Chrizzle2LT

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS SW
I also ordered my 2012 way back on may. The dealer said late august early september but I'm really hoping it not that long. I don't see why it would take that long if u have a TPW the first week.
Chrizzle2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:07 AM   #7
NoSyT
It's a Three Six, Vee Six

Drives: '12 AGM 2LT/RS & '14 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkogneato View Post
You can order now, pricing was just released this week...see below comments.

As far as 0% financing on the 2011's or other incentives.... I don't know, The Camaro has outsold the Mustang by about 10,000 vehicles so far this year without incentives or 0% financing, what would you do?

Quote:

Ok, first...
Members here have been placing deposits, and placed initial orders for over a month now. Some even have dates their cars will be built.

Production starts July 18th and that date has been public knowledge since February here on the forum.

The prices just got released this week...here's the thread from BeckyD....

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156750

You might want to think about another dealer. You know, one that actually knows something about what he is trying to sell you...just a thought.
NoSyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:45 AM   #8
exflirt
Corvette Goddess

Drives: Soon - 2015 Z06 Convertible
Quote:

I echo

Get a hold of Becky here on the forums and buy your car through her - also heard good things about Eric from Classic.

Additionally, since you are a member - read the forums. I think everyone who has spent any time on Camaro5 would know what is going on with the 2012s. The information is just a few clicks away. Do a tiny bit of reading and educate yourself. There's no reason for you to be in the dark as to what is going on with the Camaro and whether or not your dealer knows what he is talking about (or is being deceptive).

Good luck!
8.26.2014 - Deposit placed with Mike Furman @ Criswell Corvette in MD for 2015 2LZ Laguna Blue Z06 Convertible, navigation, carbon flash gfx, carbon flash stinger stripe, spectra gray wheels, dark gray calipers, gray interior, suede seat inserts. EXCITED is an understatement!
exflirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:15 PM   #9
WildOne
the "crazy cat" lady

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Blk Vrt
Wow...I've worked with clueless dealers before but this takes the cake! Maybe they don't sell many Camaros? I'm working with a dealer that has only been open months and they did not have a problem with ordering my 2012.
WildOne is offline   Reply With Quote