Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 03-02-2010, 10:37 AM   #29
FlatoutProject

Drives: Camaro SS
@ Jake:
Thank you very much!!!

We īd like to test the Camaro on the Autobahn also!
And to drive the Z28 on your recommended Trip would be great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_tWnutM3Bo

our youtube channel containing other gearhead stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/user/FlatoutProject

FlatoutProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:53 PM   #30
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Great Videos! I enjoyed them very much!

(Although I thought it was funny all the comments about too much electronics in American cars when BMW is fast becoming a computer with wheels...)

I'm in the middle of film 3 right now. And I wonder, can I get a list of the songs you used as background music?
Old 03-05-2010, 12:15 AM   #31
FlatoutProject

Drives: Camaro SS
Thank you very much!
You are right about the BMW as a computer on wheels.
We love the corvette for its power and simplicity.
Indeed it is based on prehistoric technique concerning the engine and the leaf springs,but these things are working great.
But why do they spoil the the car a little bit by putting in those useless electronic gizmos, which are constantly trying to annoy the driver?
Itīs the sheer driving fun we love about the corvette (and the camaro) .
Putting in electric door openers and countless beeping alarms
is imho like putting a laser scope and a bluetooth on a longsword.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_tWnutM3Bo

our youtube channel containing other gearhead stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/user/FlatoutProject

FlatoutProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:16 PM   #32
johnnybgoode314

Drives: EL-OH-EL-A Black 1SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudXTC View Post
ive seen this before... wait... yes i have... top gear...
i was thinking the same thing...trying to be too much like top gear.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:02 PM   #33
SonnyakaPig

Drives: C63 P31
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSS View Post
**** TAPshift dude. Ever noticed the delay? I'm not talking about the tuned automatics.
Yeah, the TAPshift is no good. When you down shift it sounds like you're killing the transmission. I really wonder if using the manual mode is good for the car? I try to avoid it. Hopefully with a tune it will function better.
SonnyakaPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:05 PM   #34
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig View Post
Yeah, the TAPshift is no good. When you down shift it sounds like you're killing the transmission. I really wonder if using the manual mode is good for the car? I try to avoid it. Hopefully with a tune it will function better.
I never noticed that sound...and yeah -- it's designed to do what it does safely and reliably.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:42 PM   #35
catmaster1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatoutProject View Post
Thank you very much!
You are right about the BMW as a computer on wheels.
We love the corvette for its power and simplicity.
Indeed it is based on prehistoric technique concerning the engine and the leaf springs,but these things are working great.
But why do they spoil the the car a little bit by putting in those useless electronic gizmos, which are constantly trying to annoy the driver?
Itīs the sheer driving fun we love about the corvette (and the camaro) .
Putting in electric door openers and countless beeping alarms
is imho like putting a laser scope and a bluetooth on a longsword.
laser scope and bluetooth on a longsword thats good stuff! I liked the vids, i have spent some time in Germany, and the last time i was there(sept-oct) i was wishing i had my SS on the autobahn! And the manual transmission car is the one with 426 BHP, the automatics you guys had are only 400 BHP. next time you guys come over try and get your hands on a manual trans car.
catmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:52 PM   #36
SonnyakaPig

Interesting thought: One of the filmmakers comments on feeling like the automatic Camaro SS has 300 hp rather than 426. I'm assuming the silver SS was an A6 (haven't watched all of the parts of the film yet) so it is supposed to have 400 hp at the flywheel. But perhaps the silver Camaro was an early production number and suffered from the "slows."

If that's the case, I feel bad for these filmmakers because they might not have fully experienced the potential of the Camaro SS.

Just a thought.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:59 PM   #37
SonnyakaPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I never noticed that sound...and yeah -- it's designed to do what it does safely and reliably.
The sound I'm referring to is just the engine jumping to the highest RPM's with a quickness when you downshift. The manual mode seems to feel comfortable upshifting but downshifting doesn't feel right for the car. It feels like the car is designed to slow down primarily with the brakes and then when you're going slow enough, you can shift down to a lower gear. So that's really nothing like a manual.

And when you're test driving the car and you ask the salesperson if you can treat the manual mode on the A6 like a real manual they of course say "oh yes, no problem, it can't hurt the transmission." But I beg to differ.

I would be very excited if you or someone else with real knowledge about this A6 transmission could tell me that this manual mode is more durable than I think it is.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:56 PM   #38
SonnyakaPig

Good movie. I can see that you guys put a lot of effort into the making of this film. And obviously you guys had fun driving some nice cars over some nice landscape. Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:37 AM   #39
70nova383

Drives: 70 Nova SS
They pretty much copied topgear when they took the zr1, cts-v and challenger from California to Bonniville. Not impressed, but at least there are 3 Europeans that aren't slandering American cars.
70nova383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:38 PM   #40
StlRomAniaN

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSS View Post
**** TAPshift dude. Ever noticed the delay? I'm not talking about the tuned automatics.
Whoa? lol

Delay you can work around.

There's no delay upshifting that's for sure. At least not from gear to gear (the mechanical part). I still notice a .25ish second delay from when I press the button, but just learn to shift earlier to accommodate for it.

Downshifting is another story. Of course, if you press the minus button and stomp on it at the same time it'll delay with this transmission. Say a car pulls up to the side of you. Don't stomp on it and then downshift or do it at the same time...downshift to 3rd and then downshift.

It works great if you practice with it.

Not a DCT, but fun for sure. Is there any possible way of getting a DCT for this car?
Old 03-09-2010, 07:47 PM   #41
DarricSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Wow! Those Videos were excellent!!

It was fun watching another point of view on these cars and you guys are pretty funny. I live in Arizona and have driven on those same roads, that's one great road trip you took there!

Some of the things you were pointing out is exactly why I would never buy a "muscle car" with an automatic transmission takes all the fun away from the experience...

Loved the videos, music and editing was top-notch...great job...
Old 03-09-2010, 10:40 PM   #42
SSMOKIN

Drives: 2k CamaroSS - 08TrailblazerSS
I enjoyed the interesting perspectives and analysis in the AZ twisties. To truly experience a muscle car, your video lacked a couple key elements: Loud music and burnouts. How about laying in some Rammstein or Scorpions against your vid?
SSMOKIN is offline   Reply With Quote