Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-04-2007, 03:43 AM   #15
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
The best example of the autobots being "stupid" is the scene outside sam's house. When they're looking for the glasses. In the old cartoons, they never would have treaded on the lawn, they'd stay out in the streets in their vehicle forms. The way it was set up was that the autobots were so silent while moving their massive gears and cogs that the dad couldn't hear them when the power went out? Come on now...
in the old cartoons they werent in a desperate search for the cube when they know the decepticons are so close to it. granted they were after energon, but it was an abundant resource in the old cartoons, not the source of transformer life.

imagine if you had a heart virus and only a few hours to live, one person had the cure, but you have to find the directions to where the guy lives in someone elses house, would you look thru everything neatly? or tear thru it. granted they aren't looking at sams house, but they want him to hurry and be right there when he's ready to go.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:46 AM   #16
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait8 View Post
Good for bay, bad for me. Now people might think that lame ass Pontiac roadster is actually good lol. I hate that crappy car. The Camaro had huge rims in the movie, better be on the street version. The entire movie was crazy jam packed with action.
the BB camaro has 21"s up front and 22"s in the back if I remember right. the production model will be closer to 18's and 19's respectively, maybe 20's and 21's. I just hope my maro has brakes...(bb doesnt)
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 07-04-2007, 03:50 AM   #17
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Optimus isn't one to be all up in his face though. The way Ironhide was, I can see. Jazz, yeah, BB, maybe. Optimus, not a chance in hell. He's too patient, it's his downfall. That is why Megatron used to be able to take advantage of him. Remember the episode where he used all the decepticon power chips to beat Optimus in a 1v1 duel?
Old 07-04-2007, 04:02 AM   #18
Guy withda bowtie

Drives: 97 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
The best example of the autobots being "stupid" is the scene outside sam's house. When they're looking for the glasses. In the old cartoons, they never would have treaded on the lawn, they'd stay out in the streets in their vehicle forms. The way it was set up was that the autobots were so silent while moving their massive gears and cogs that the dad couldn't hear them when the power went out? Come on now...
Dude that part was funny man. It showed them like kids hiding from theit parents, even tho they're 3 story robots that could crush them ppl.
Guy withda bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 04:03 AM   #19
Guy withda bowtie

Drives: 97 Camaro
How bout we call it Sam's happy time. HAHAHA i think thats the funniest line in the movie
Guy withda bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 04:34 AM   #20
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

I loved how the mom's eyes lit up when she saw that Mikaela was in the room instead of having "Happy time" then again, my eyes would light up if I saw megan fox in my room too! lol

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 07-04-2007, 08:18 AM   #21
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Loved the "happy time" quote too. That part was great...great comedy throughout the movie. And, it was like someone else had said, on the parts I wasn't laughing, I was on the edge of my seat waiting for the next cool thing to happen.

No, I don't think the autobots were stupid. If you were just about to find that map for directions on where to get the cure for your heart condition, you wouldn't care about a lawn or freaking flowers....c'mon. Yeah...powers out and Dad should have heard all the autobots moving. Didn't happen...ok.

As far as the advertising, I thought it made the movie more real. When you start talking ebay on the big screen, you start hitting on a subject that a great majority of America can associate with. All the little things, which really didn't bother me, made it more on a level for the viewer. They could have made up some other online account called mysell or something, but they used ebay. Mysell wouldn't have done anything to make the movie more realistic. Mountain soda pop wouldn't have done anyting either. But, Mountaindew is something people know. Good for them on using these things. It didn't bother me and made it more real. Oh, and if it helps them to produce the movie to plug these things, so be it. Just incorporate it properly and you could do it all day....after all, I want to see more Transformers, right!?!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:55 PM   #22
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
I just returned from seeing the movie.

I thought it was very entertaining. And I enjoyed seeing all the GM vehicles. 'Bumblebee' was my favorite......"who knew"?!

Funny thing. I stopped by 'Toys R Us' afterwards to see if they had any new 'Bumblebee' "stuff", and there were 3 other guys my age, who were buying 'Transformers' toys.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:26 PM   #23
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Saw it this morning. Enjoyed it a lot. CGI was flawless. Cars were gorgeous (especially the Camaro).

The only things I'd have done different were-

Less Humor. Transformers weren't a humorous line. (Though I admit I'm NOT a fan of a lot of humor in movies in general.)

Less concentration on the humans. Don't totally write them off, they keep it 'grounded' and 'real'. But not quite so much.

I'm not quite so sure what I thought of Jazz, Ratchet and Ironhide's personalities. I definitely saw some of the original Jazz in his personality, but it was a bit too 'ghetto' in this new incarnation. Ironhide was originally brash, but wouldn't have suggested killing the parents. That was definitely 'off'.

I was hoping to see Bumblebee and Barricade fight after Bumblebee reconfigures into the 5th Gen, personally. To be honest, I liked the original plot that floated around where Bumblebee got trashed by Barricade and THAT was the reason he reconfigured into a more powerful 5th Gen. But it certainly wasn't all that bad seeing a 2nd Gen beat up a new Mustang either. LOL

Those were my only real 'complaints' if they even count as such.

So, with Megatron apparently destroyed who do they go with for a sequel? They can either find a way that Megatron survived, or go with Galvatron or even Shockwave. Shockwave was as much a leader as Megatron/Galvatron if you read the comics. In the TV show he was visciously loyal to Megatron. In the comics he was everything Starscream wished he could be and was FAR from loyal to Megatron. Shockwave was cold, calculating and showed almost no emotion.

There was a lot of laughing during the movie, which as much as I personally don't care for humor, was a good thing that showed people were enjoying it.

I did hear one person seated behind me comment that the new Camaro was really nice looking.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:33 PM   #24
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
Yeah have to agree overall great movie. visually beautiful, good action, when there wasnt any action it was funny. Not to mention all of the camaro shots.
Come on mindz your being way too critical on a movie thats based on a saturday morning cartoon. when your watching something like transformers its easy to see the parts of the storyline that arent correct from the comic/cartoon. you've got to appreciate a movie that has that much CG work in it(and you know that it had to cost a gwop) and it looking that good. Not to mention maintaining enough from the original storyline to keep the die hard Transformer fans happy. so I say its a great movie, maby the second best ever based off of a comic.
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:17 AM   #25
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Only two scenes bothered me in the movie. First, when Ms. Fox (GERRRRRRRR) says there’s a “high rise double pumper carburetor” (WTF, must be a new one piece carburetor that eliminates the manifold that I don’t know about) and the shot is clearly a fuel injection unit and don’t forget about the distributor cap being loose as she screws it back on… Finally, JAZZ dieing

I can not wait for any and all sequels and I definitely will own this on DVD...
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:09 PM   #26
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
guys and gals i just watched the movie and omg the movie was sick, o and so was the 09 camaro lol

if the car sounds like it does in the movie i will be so amazed cause its sounds so good!!!

if u do watch the movie get ready for when the hot girl says while under the tunnel " if they transform into cool robots than transform back why does this one turn into a pecie of crap camaro"(when bumble bee is 1976) 5 seconds later he goes down the road and comes back as the only and only 2009 camaro. thats all im gona say lmao GO WATCH THE MOVIE!!!!!

o yea the bumble bee(1976 camaro) vs barricade(saleen mustang) fight scene was such a mint battle
SSmoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:26 PM   #27
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFord View Post
Yeah have to agree overall great movie. visually beautiful, good action, when there wasnt any action it was funny. Not to mention all of the camaro shots.
Come on mindz your being way too critical on a movie thats based on a saturday morning cartoon. when your watching something like transformers its easy to see the parts of the storyline that arent correct from the comic/cartoon. you've got to appreciate a movie that has that much CG work in it(and you know that it had to cost a gwop) and it looking that good. Not to mention maintaining enough from the original storyline to keep the die hard Transformer fans happy. so I say its a great movie, maby the second best ever based off of a comic.

You guys took my "criticsms" too seriously. I said the movie was still an 11+ out of 10. I laughed my ass off and it's one of my favorite movies (up there with 300 and boondock saints, brotherhood of the wolf, etc).
Old 07-05-2007, 10:25 PM   #28
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Absolutely Amazing!!!!

Best movie I've seen in a long time, and probably for sometime to come, too.

Loved it all - a 100 outta 10!!

only one complaint, what gives with bumblebee being tortured by the humans! captured and frozen is bad enough - but what the hell?!?!
Sure Jazz got ripped in two:(...but at least that was quick! Come on...

Ahhh! And this is post : 1000 for me!!!