Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 12:34 AM   #197
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-HPS View Post
. I am done with this. Have a wonderfull day.

Chris
thats a fantastic attitude right there
Old 10-09-2012, 05:27 AM   #198
MA2010SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
thats a fantastic attitude right there
2010 Camaro SS Whipple SC, CAI Inc Intake, TSP 1 7/8" LT headers no cats, 3" magnaflow exhaust, HPT, RX Catch Can, LSR Toe Rods, LSR Trailing Arms, ALKY Control Meth, McLeod RXT Twin Disc, ZL1 fuel pump, 3.73 ZL1 Differential Kit, BTR PDS Stage 2 Cam, Tuned by SLOWHAWK Performance Bridgewater MA
Old 10-09-2012, 07:09 AM   #199
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLE58 View Post
I know it's not changing that was why I said that. If it start fine and then intermittently doesn't then I'm confused how it can be the tune. I'd say there is a hardware problem somewhere.
Different tables are referenced for hot start or cold start.....it could easily still be the tune....and even if it isn't...a mechanical issue the very next day should still be resolved by the installer....imho.
RPM Level 7 4L80e + Coan Converter
Hendrix 9" Rear Axle + 3.50 Gear
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
Fore Fuel System, Bogarts + Hoosier Slicks
Pfadt Drag Pack Suspension
My Build Thread | Best Pass To Date
Old 10-09-2012, 07:51 AM   #200
JLE58

Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
Different tables are referenced for hot start or cold start.....it could easily still be the tune....and even if it isn't...a mechanical issue the very next day should still be resolved by the installer....imho.
I understand enrichment differences hot and cold I'm under the impression this is totally random.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:53 AM   #201
MANNYS2SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS,LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedestech View Post
Doesn't really matter if it's a tune problem or not. Diaz paid for a properly functioning turbo kit and now has drive ability issues. Hps did 100% of the install and tune, so how is it not their responsibility to make it right. If there were any parts that may be needed to make the car drive as it should, that should have been brought to his attention before the build. This whole you have a modified car so deal with it attitude is shit. He paid for a product, as in he entered a contract for the shop to install a properly functioning and issue free turbo kit, and didn't get that. I'm sure if the shop would have said, yea we will install our kit and your on your own if it drives like shit, he would have went elsewhere.

LS-3, ProCharger D1SC
665. rwhp /562. rwtq @ 9.3 psi
Old 10-09-2012, 08:51 AM   #202
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
Quote:
I understand enrichment differences hot and cold I'm under the impression this is totally random.

Doesnt sound random to me as he said it can be reproduced....sounds like if it cools overnight it starts fine....throughout the rest of the day after the 1st heat cycle it occurs....I dunno....it's such a long thread hard to say.

Neither party is winning in this one, which is a shame.
RPM Level 7 4L80e + Coan Converter
Hendrix 9" Rear Axle + 3.50 Gear
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
Fore Fuel System, Bogarts + Hoosier Slicks
Pfadt Drag Pack Suspension
My Build Thread | Best Pass To Date
Old 10-09-2012, 09:16 AM   #203
Topher3134

Drives: delete me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-HPS View Post
The injectors are not free. you knew you had to pay the difference. I dont care what you say. The exhaust rattle, well clamps do loosen up.You have driven your car for months and even raced it. All the problems with your car?? You car has a intermittant startup issue and that is it. I guess a burnt plug wire is my fault to. It is required that you open your hood occasionally and check on things.

Chris

Chris

Do I see a Hennessy in the making here? Is this the 90s and a dodge viper forum? Just saying!
Old 10-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #204
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Drives: TT/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher3134 View Post
Do I see a Hennessy in the making here? Is this the 90s and a dodge viper forum? Just saying!
no his ls3 didn't go missing....
Old 10-09-2012, 09:49 AM   #205
Topher3134

Drives: delete me
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPredator View Post
no his ls3 didn't go missing....
Well true but if its only use is as a coffee table it might as well have! On a good not this crosses hps of my potential power adder options!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #206
SS_Diaz

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to SS_Diaz
Quote:
Doesn't really matter if it's a tune problem or not. Diaz paid for a properly functioning turbo kit and now has drive ability issues. Hps did 100% of the install and tune, so how is it not their responsibility to make it right. If there were any parts that may be needed to make the car drive as it should, that should have been brought to his attention before the build. This whole you have a modified car so deal with it attitude is shit. He paid for a product, as in he entered a contract for the shop to install a properly functioning and issue free turbo kit, and didn't get that. I'm sure if the shop would have said, yea we will install our kit and your on your own if it drives like shit, he would have went elsewhere.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:59 AM   #207
SS_Diaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
Doesnt sound random to me as he said it can be reproduced....sounds like if it cools overnight it starts fine....throughout the rest of the day after the 1st heat cycle it occurs....I dunno....it's such a long thread hard to say.

Neither party is winning in this one, which is a shame.
That is correct. If it sits over night, the next morning it will crank up fine. Then anything after that when i move along during the day ...... if it sits for an hour or more it will happen. It is very hard to say what it is, but i'm going to start by replacing with id850's and new granetelli plug wires.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:27 PM   #208
JLE58

Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Diaz View Post
That is correct. If it sits over night, the next morning it will crank up fine. Then anything after that when i move along during the day ...... if it sits for an hour or more it will happen. It is very hard to say what it is, but i'm going to start by replacing with id850's and new granetelli plug wires.
Ah that makes more sense. Does it do it if you crank if back to back a few times?
Old 10-09-2012, 01:35 PM   #209
SS_Diaz

Quote:
Ah that makes more sense. Does it do it if you crank if back to back a few times?
If i crank it back to back it wont happen.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:42 PM   #210
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
Quote:

Closed Thread