Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-20-2014, 10:32 AM   #1
Y2J
Return of the #3

Drives: 2010 Camaro L99 2SS/RS
Any NASCAR Diecast Collectors?

I've been collecting NASCAR diecast since I was a little kid. I currently own over 100 1/24 scale NASCAR diecast. Any collectors here?

Here are a few of my current favorite diecast:
Attached Images

Current Performance Mods: APEX Catch Can, APEX Cool Air Intake Scoop with Washer Fluid Tank Replacement Kit, ARH 2" Long Tube Headers Long System, BMR 1.25" Lowering Springs, CAI Cool Air Intake, SLP Loud Mouth Axel-back Exhaust, VMAX Ported Throttle Body
Cosmetic Mods: ACS Z28 Inspired Rear Spoiler Satin Black, Anzo Gloss Black Tail Light Bezels, Casper Electronics Sequential Turn Signal Kit, Factory Reproduction Style 41 ZL1 Gloss Black Rims, JDP Red Front Tow Hook, Sparks Restorations Black on Black SS Trunk Emblem, ZL1 Addons Front Rock Guards
Y2J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:53 AM   #2
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
I'm getting the Dogecoin diecast in October.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:04 AM   #3
Unrulie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Cyber Grey
I have about 25 1/24 scale diecasts. Mostly Earnhardt Sr. and Jr. Waiting for Jr's 2014 Daytona 500 win car right now. My favorite is Sr's '97 Daytona 500 crash car.
Old 07-20-2014, 12:09 PM   #4
Y2J
Return of the #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
I'm getting the Dogecoin diecast in October.
That should be a popular one. Here's the Autographed Josh Wise version if you have not ordered one yet: http://www.planbsales.com/product-p/c984821dijwaut.htm
Current Performance Mods: APEX Catch Can, APEX Cool Air Intake Scoop with Washer Fluid Tank Replacement Kit, ARH 2" Long Tube Headers Long System, BMR 1.25" Lowering Springs, CAI Cool Air Intake, SLP Loud Mouth Axel-back Exhaust, VMAX Ported Throttle Body
Cosmetic Mods: ACS Z28 Inspired Rear Spoiler Satin Black, Anzo Gloss Black Tail Light Bezels, Casper Electronics Sequential Turn Signal Kit, Factory Reproduction Style 41 ZL1 Gloss Black Rims, JDP Red Front Tow Hook, Sparks Restorations Black on Black SS Trunk Emblem, ZL1 Addons Front Rock Guards
Old 07-20-2014, 01:11 PM   #5
ntmad8tr
Music City Camaro Club

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Spring Special Edition
I have many 1/24 and 1/64 scale diecasts among other things. Mostly collected Dale Sr., Dale Jr and Kevin Harvick but have a couple Jeff Gordon, Terry Labonte, Mark Martin and some other random ones.
My favorites are my autographed Dale Sr. 1/64th car(seen in the 3rd picture beside the Taz car), Autographed Dale Jr. Superman car, 97 crash car, 75th win platinum car, the first clear Dale Sr car that action made, Dale Jr's first July daytona win car....heck they are all my favorites
Here are a couple bad pictures taken of just a couple of my Dale Sr. shelves.

Sam Bass painting(the one on top) Dale Jr and his car with Dale Sr and his car as the shadows. Titled: The Shadow of Greatness.

I will take some better pictures. All of these I took to send to a friend who wanted to see how the collection had grown. There are 2 other book cases that house the Dale Jr, Kevin Harvick and random things.
EMC(SS) USN RET. 2014 2SS Spring Special Edition,1 of 293. Cold Air Inc. CAI,Apex Catch Can, Kooks 1-7/8" headers, Kooks HF Cats, X-pipe, Kooks mufflers,Graphite, BMR Toe links, BMR rear trailing arms, MRR228s,RGB ORACLE Colorshift Halos, RGB LED Engine bay and Grille lighting, Diode Dynamics RGB Fog Lights. NightOwl LED control system. Painted engine cover by S.L. Customs. River Cities Creations painted strut brace. My Build Thread
ntmad8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 03:18 PM   #6
danvillekidd
2013 ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 m6
Not much of a collector here, only have two. '05 Dave Blaney and '09 Casey Mears, both #07 Jack Daniels.....I do have a small collection of Jack items though.
danvillekidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 03:31 PM   #7
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I have mostly Dale Sr. I do have a few Kevin Harvick and Dale Jr. I also have a couple Alan Kulwicki cars I bought just before he was killed. His plane crashed nearly in the back yard of one of my friends parents house. He had pictures he took of the wreckage.
My favorite car is my Dale Sr. 97 Crash car. One of the originals not the later editions.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:55 PM   #8
strykerg8gt

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2J View Post
I've been collecting NASCAR diecast since I was a little kid. I currently own over 100 1/24 scale NASCAR diecast. Any collectors here?

Here are a few of my current favorite diecast:
I noticed you're from South Jersey. Do you get your stuff from Jack's in Riverside?
strykerg8gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:30 AM   #9
Camaroman_99

Drives: 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Smile

Like most of the posts , my collection consists mainly of Dale Sr. It has been several years since I have bought any Nascar memoribilia. I do have several "dicast" cars in varying sizes ( 1/64, 1/24 ), all in original packaging.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:08 AM   #10
Y2J
Return of the #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerg8gt View Post
I noticed you're from South Jersey. Do you get your stuff from Jack's in Riverside?
I actually have a ton from Jack's. I've done some inventorying work there the last few summers also. Great place to go to.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:05 PM   #11
strykerg8gt

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2J View Post
I actually have a ton from Jack's. I've done some inventorying work there the last few summers also. Great place to go to.
Yeah, he's a nice guy. Me and my dad have been getting collectibles from there for years. He told me he was getting the Chase Elliot auto'd car in but unfortunately I was in Texas for a work conference when he got them. My 2.5 year old son asks if we're going to visit him by name since he has over 30 of the 1:64 scale cars.
strykerg8gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:22 PM   #12
67RS2010SS

Drives: Maroon 67 rs and CRT 2012 ZL-1
I used to collect them not any more though.i probably have 300-350 1/24 cars and a crapload of 1/64. Mostly Sr., Jr, Bobby Labonte, and anyone who drove for Sr. I have just about every Sr. Car from 1996 till his death. If anyone is looking for a certain car for their collection I probably have it so PM me. I'm willing to part with just about any of them although I still cherish my Sr. Cars.