Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-16-2015, 08:58 PM   #1
rogueshivers
rogueshivers

Drives: 2012 v6 LS2
E85

Is it any good to get the Flex fuel sensor installed and tuned for E85 on our V6 are the gains worth it.

CAI, vmax throttle body, jacfab extendolator & ported intake,hp tune.
rogueshivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 07:18 PM   #2
BigRedViking

Drives: 1987 IROC-Z 5.7L 2016 1SS M6 NGM
Send a message via Yahoo to BigRedViking
Well, if you're burning e85 catalytic converters serve little purpose. Except for some noise reduction, and a small amount of filtering. This is something that I am interested in, but I am questioning the fuel systems ability to withstand that much ethanol. My guess would be 30hp gain with a tune, cat delete, and conversion depending on your altitude. Probably $1000.00. What about half e85, and half premium ?

Last edited by BigRedViking; 03-22-2015 at 07:23 PM. Reason: extra idea
BigRedViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 07:48 PM   #3
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Well the first problem is our cars aren't E85 compatible from what I understand. You'd have to modify or upgrade the tank fuel pump I believe. And then you get into how much of a gain you're actually getting from the E85 itself. I doubt it would be worth it.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 10:03 PM   #4
rogueshivers
rogueshivers

Drives: 2012 v6 LS2
Nobody paying attention to this yet ?? or it only can be done on the V8.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300037

CAI, vmax throttle body, jacfab extendolator & ported intake,hp tune.
rogueshivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 02:56 PM   #5
IBM camaro
Texas HT5

Drives: IBM
No it can be done on the v6 I'm running e85 with a tune on my LLT 100% e85 no fuel sensor, or modification to the fuel system over a year now and everything looks fine. E85 will have a harsh cold start on our cars if the temps outside are cold. I'm probably making around 300rwhp on my v6 with e85 and every other supporting bolt on mod out full long tube headers, ported TB, ported intake manifold, intake spacer, pulley, injen intake, tuning by trifecta for e85. PM me for questions
IBM camaro is offline   Reply With Quote