Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-26-2009, 04:52 PM   #1
CarGoWOT

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM/interior
2010 Camaro VS 2006 Z06 VS 2004 Viper SRT-10

I did some quick numbers based on my finances and insurance rates. Here is what I came up with
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS costs 38,000 (upgraded of course)
2006 Corvette Z06 cost 42,000 with under 20k miles
2004 Viper SRT-10 costs 38,000 with 30k miles
If I can find a 5% interest rate on a 48 month loan with 10K down here is the following results including the costs of a 1000 deductible comprehensive coverage. (Yes that is the max for lowest term rates)
2010 Camaro (IOM) will cost $12,416 average per year for 4 years to have it paid off and covered.
2006 Corvette Z06 (Black) will be 13,200 or under 12,000 if I can find one for $40,000 which is possible!
2004 Viper SRT-10 (Silver) will be $12,338 again this is the average amount per year for 4 years to own the vehicle.

I haven't came up with a conclusion as to the values of the cars after 4 years and how much would be lost on each car. And also as for bias I threw in the cost of insurance of a 2010 Challenger SRT-8 for the Camaro SS because progressive does not have the Camaro in their system yet over here.

My point is all 3 are awesome cars that would cost almost the same for me in a 4 year term. Other than updates interior do you think the value of the Camaro is really more than the other 2 cars?

If these numbers seem off to you thats because im 21 y/o and my insurance rate is like 550 for 6 months on liability for a mr2 spyder lol trust me this is the worst car I've ever owned. I miss my hayabusa that I sold 2 weeks ago for my down payment on whats coming next.
CarGoWOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:22 PM   #2
returnofcc
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 VW GTI
If I was you, I would go for the viper. It has depreciated the most, which means it will cost you the least in the long run as far as further depreciation. That, plus 10 cylinders, plus it's a steel body, as opposed to fiberglass and an 8 cylinder, and we've got a winner.
returnofcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:33 PM   #3
sik68

Drives: 1968 Camaro, 2002 Subaru WRX
If you are pinched for money then really, you shouldn't be in the driver's seat of a viper/C6z06. Just because technically you can afford the payment/insurance there are a lot of expensive things on cars that were initially expensive. Like tires for one.

If you want a beast, get a C5z06 for 20k and mod it and you won't over money.
sik68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:09 PM   #4
CarGoWOT

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM/interior
Money isn't the issue, my dad says everything I show him for example fully built cts-v, s/c c5 that will blow doors off of a c6 z06s, anything with a non stock motor, and the liking are all someone elses junk and he will not let me take someone elses junk. (lol junk) That is why I am comparing the stock version of each car instead of the modified versions of each car that can be found on ebay. I am going for total reliability instead of balls out crazy hp. I think the Viper would be the biggest p00n magnet though and a Z06 is something I could totally enjoy all around. I have had my heart set on the Camaro but I don't think it is worth getting yet.
CarGoWOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:16 PM   #5
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Hard choice, but this is basically what it boils down to, it's all about what you want mayne.

The Viper is the better performer.
The Camaro is probably the hottest car on the road as of now.
The Z06 is just wow to me.

But honestly, I don't think I could choose between the two. Draw straws or something lol.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:22 PM   #6
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Don't see a lot of vipers around here at all. They would be cool. Down south there i am guessing that they are more plentiful. Also keep in mind that most people can't tell a z06 from a regular vette.

I would lean to the camaro because it is brand new, has warranty, will always be YOUR car and you can do with it what you want.

Just get what YOU want though. It is after all your money.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:23 PM   #7
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post
Don't see a lot of vipers around here at all. They would be cool. Down south there i am guessing that they are more plentiful. Also keep in mind that most people can't tell a z06 from a regular vette.

I would lean to the camaro because it is brand new, has warranty, will always be YOUR car and you can do with it what you want.

Just get what YOU want though. It is after all your money.
. Hell half of them can't tell the difference between a base vette and a ZR1.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:15 AM   #8
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
It depends on what you are looking for. If its a daily driver or lower maintenance cost Camaro > Z06 > Viper. If you are looking for performance or rarity Viper > Z06 > Camaro.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:59 PM   #9
htp autoworks
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 Jeep SRT-8
Hey guys. I wanted to chip in here since I have a 2004 Viper. I cna tell you from first hand experience the Viper is THE only option out of these three cars. It will kill the Camaro performance wise and its a drivers race with the Z06. it is VERY modable adn there are numerous Vipers out there pushing 750hp with a supercharger... low boost... without having to change the internals. The engine really is bullet proof and can handle a lot of power. Looks... well I am partial but I can tell you there will quickly be thousands of Camaros on the road and there are already ten of thousands of Vettes... which all look alike. I cant tell you how many car show I have been to (Texas or Southern California) where there are dozens of Vettes and I am the only Viper there. Driving around it is almost emberrasing at how many stares I get... people taking pictures, girls flashing... you get the idea. Its because it is very limited production (1200-1800 a year... depending on the year), hand built, super car that will NOT be produced after this year. Once production stops... very soon... the value on the Vipers out there are going to climb. So its really a no loose situation. by the way, I am 37, no tickets, and its a red convertable and my insurance is less than $850 a year. If you ever ride in one and feel the raw power ( no traction control, stability control, or nanny tech) you will never want to drive anything else.

Oh, and in Southern California I drove my 6 days a week. Very dependable car. Got about 15-18 around town and 25 on the highway in 6th gear.
htp autoworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:02 PM   #10
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
Z06
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 03:35 AM   #11
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
hmmm Z06 is about as fast as the Viper and rides slightly better around town. Camaro is not in the same league as either of those cars, which means you can surprise them once you hit up the aftermarket. Vipers are badass, but I'm just not a fan of a car that tries so hard to kill you, they're unruly.
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 04:16 AM   #12
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
I love this not a big dodge fan, but the viper is amazing
Attached Images

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:27 AM   #13
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Z06!!!!

If this were a base Vette v Camaro or something like that...I'd reccomend you get the 5thgen. But if you can seriously get yourself into a C6 Z06 Vette...you'd be foolish not to take it!!

The Viper will kill you. It's not a comfortable car at all (according to nearly every review out there)...and if you're not careful you will die. I think Clarkson put it best when he described it like: "It's like a best friend you go out and have drinks and fun with...but then you find out he's a raving axe murderer...you can never quite relax."
Old 11-18-2009, 10:28 AM   #14
Hooy
Will Drive For Food

Drives: Acura TL
If it's not a DD, SRT10 ALL THE WAY. It's the least practical, most uncomfortable, and most dangerous... but the most powerful, sexiest, rarest, most "exotic", and has the WOW factor. Every time I see a Corvette (all the time) I think nothing of it. Every time I see a Viper, I pursue it.
Hooy is offline   Reply With Quote