Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 07-19-2008, 11:15 PM   #519
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
If that is the RS, well then what exactly does that mean? I see a spoiler, but nothing else special.
As far as negative comments, i've commented on the weight, because it concerns me. This is a sports coupe after all. I like the way it looks. As for my credentials...Camaro's are all that i've owned.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:24 PM   #520
octane_n_veins

Drives: 95 Camaro Z28
Smile

FREAKIN sweet. The cars look great. But earlier last week I was attack by several people when I broke the bad news that there wasn't goin to be a Z28 trim level goin out. "NOW who has the EGG on their face?" When you're right you're right but of course NOBODY's there to admit it when you're right. Thx all that kept me on my toes with the onslaught of insults and unsolicited remarks.

See you on the road in early 2009!
Drive save & fast!
And if you're along for the ride...
"Shut up, keep your head on a swivel, and watch out for cops!"

http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/multimedia/
octane_n_veins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:26 PM   #521
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_n_veins View Post
FREAKIN sweet. The cars look great. But earlier last week I was attack by several people when I broke the bad news that there wasn't goin to be a Z28 trim level goin out. "NOW who has the EGG on their face?" When you're right you're right but of corse NOBODY's there to admit it when you're right. But thx all that kept me on my toes with the ons;aught of insults and unsolicited remarks.
No eggs thrown anywhere, just yet....just because they didn't mention it in these articles/sites, does not mean it doesn't exist.
This is still not "official info", btw, most of the text is wrong...
Old 07-19-2008, 11:28 PM   #522
BitchinCamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS

This pic makes it look tough to even do aftermarket t-tops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azfan View Post
If that is the RS, well then what exactly does that mean? I see a spoiler, but nothing else special.
The articles are reporting the RS pack will get you HID lights, spoiler, gauges on the center console, leather seats, and 20in wheels. We'll find out on Monday.
BitchinCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:33 PM   #523
octane_n_veins

Wink

Quote:
FREAKIN sweet. The cars look great. But earlier last week I was attack by several people when I broke the bad news that there wasn't goin to be a Z28 trim level goin out. "NOW who has the EGG on their face?" When you're right you're right but of course NOBODY's there to admit it when you're right. Thx all that kept me on my toes with the onslaught of insults and unsolicited remarks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
No eggs thrown anywhere, just yet....just because they didn't mention it in these articles/sites, does not mean it doesn't exist.
This is still not "official info", btw, most of the text is wrong...
We shall see my friend. See you monday.

Drive save & fast!

Old 07-19-2008, 11:40 PM   #524
Bocephus

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT, Kona, BBP, 3.73
If they can do a vert they should be able to do T-Tops.
Bocephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:42 PM   #525
Chemical

Drives: 2SS RS
Quote:
Exactly where do you stand? No Z28 ever? or no Z28 right now right now, as a Mexican friend would say?

Depends on where you stand because you could either be right or wrong at the same time.
Chemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:49 PM   #526
octane_n_veins

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
Exactly where do you stand? No Z28 ever? or no Z28 right now right now, as a Mexican friend would say?

Depends on where you stand because you could either be right or wrong at the same time.
I'm not 100% sure what you're askin but I way cool w/ the Z28 but GM doesn't have plans for the Z28 for now.

Drive save & fast!

Old 07-19-2008, 11:59 PM   #527
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
I'm not 100% sure what you're askin but I way cool w/ the Z28 but I don't think GM has plans for the Z28 for now.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:00 AM   #528
Chemical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Take a look at that wink there... The Father has hinted at the Z28, I don't know if your aware...
Old 07-20-2008, 12:08 AM   #529
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
A direct carbon copy of the concept car. I likey. I'm interested to see how they further differentiated the V8 from the V6, the only thing I see so far is the hood air inlet.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:13 AM   #530
Chemical

After digesting the yellow vehicle for a day or so, I'm actually starting to like that yellow a little. I still prefer that sunrise yellow but this one is alright.

Monday is almost here.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:28 AM   #531
octane_n_veins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
Take a look at that wink there... The Father has hinted at the Z28, I don't know if your aware...
Don't know if you know but when GM originally released the Camaro in 1967 there was ONLY a RS or SS models available until LATER in the production year they offered a race-oriented Z/28. Now since GM beleaves a lot in their history it would suffice to say that NO Z28 for now.

Drive save & fast!

Old 07-20-2008, 12:33 AM   #532
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchinCamaro View Post

This pic makes it look tough to even do aftermarket t-tops.

My uncle is a fire lieutennant/medic for one of Cleveland's suburbs. I can tell you from his first hand experince that if GM has engineered the structure for the Camaro for 5 star safety, you will NOT be able to hack through those roof supports over the door frame.

Cities all over the country have been having to shell out mega, mega, MEGA bucks for 82,000 PSI jaws of life cutters and spreaders and hack saw cutters because the 40,000 PSI models that they have been using for years (work well even with the thick gauge steel used in cars from the 1950s) are absolutely no match for the solid beam reinforcements inside those roof supports and A and B pillars of today's cars. When you read "reinforced safety cage" under the standard safety feachers on the window sticker, they mean reinforced.

Look at crash test footage on new cars. The best cars in head on collisions absorb most of the collision in the front of the car, and the passenger compartment goes basically untouched. But you will notice, even on the most sever collisions, the frames around the windows and roof line are hardly even bent. There are seriously solid steel beams between the sheetmetal and interior plastic.

Imagine the roll cage in the General Lee, only integrated seamlessly and completely unnoticeable into the body structre.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote