Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 09-26-2016, 01:05 PM   #379
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Looks great man...
Old 09-26-2016, 06:49 PM   #380
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick S View Post
It's great when a plan comes together!! It's also nice when you can sell other parts quickly to help pay for the...3rd front brake upgrade!!
It was nice that they sold quickly, but they were also priced to sell.

-Matt
Old 09-26-2016, 07:35 PM   #381
Pushrod Pete

Drives: Camaro 1LE
I've heard nothing but REALLY good things about those ap racing brakes. Serious track capability.
Pushrod Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 09:53 PM   #382
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
3rd time is the charm.... As I know too well as well lol. Any thoughts on brake cooling upgrades? Those rotors will need a lot of air, I was searching today on if anybody put 2014 wheel liners on a 2013, it comes with extra cooling features as well as the possibility to mock up the z/28 brake ducts that work with the liners.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:13 PM   #383
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
3rd time is the charm.... As I know too well as well lol. Any thoughts on brake cooling upgrades? Those rotors will need a lot of air, I was searching today on if anybody put 2014 wheel liners on a 2013, it comes with extra cooling features as well as the possibility to mock up the z/28 brake ducts that work with the liners.
I have thoughts...but they involve a 2014 front fascia along with the Z/28 fender flares and side skirts I have sitting at my house in Ashen Grey metallic....just not in a hurry to make this happen

Yes, Nick S added the 14+ liners and ducts to his 2013:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=418879

-Matt
Old 09-27-2016, 06:18 AM   #384
Mgizzle

You da man thats the one I was looking for. Ordering parts today, destroyed my wheel liners at grattan few weeks ago might as well upgrade.

Do you have pictures of the AP pad size next to oem ones by any chance?
Old 09-27-2016, 07:43 AM   #385
summit1le

Drives: 15 Lexus RCF, 17 Vette Grand Sport
I used the quantum cooling ducts with this kit. Thats all you need!! You are going to be SHOCKED when you see how much cooler these run!! Enjoy!
2013 Summit 1SS 1LE w/NPP, SW 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers, CAI Intake, Ported TB, Cammotion 224/232 113 LSA, BTR Valvetrain, Melling Oil Pump, 468 HP 423, Apex Catch Can, Tank Plates, RPM 4 Point Roll Bar with SCCA/NASA Cross Brace, Schroth 6 Point Han's Harness, OMP WRC Front Seats, F.M.T Trailing Arms, F.M.T Solid Aluminum Subframe Bushings, Moreno Motorsports Camber Plates, BMR Bushings Front and Rear, Essex/AP Racing Radi-Cal Endurance Front Brakes, Quantum Brake Cooling Ducts, ZL1 Rockers, ZL1 Air Deflectors, Heritage Grill, Pfadt Springs.
summit1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 12:40 PM   #386
Nick S

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
You da man thats the one I was looking for. Ordering parts today, destroyed my wheel liners at grattan few weeks ago might as well upgrade.

Do you have pictures of the AP pad size next to oem ones by any chance?
If you have any questions about my Z/28 brake duct install on my 2013 1LE just shoot me a message. I could try to get additional pics or something too if needed.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:14 PM   #387
Mgizzle

Tx Nick, appreciate the write up, one thing I am looking at changing is where it mounts to bottom so that skiramps gets clean air for pick up vertically.

Summit, did you measure pre and post quantum install (rotor temps)? I use longacre brake temp probe.

Last edited by Mgizzle; 09-27-2016 at 01:31 PM.
Mgizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 01:57 PM   #388
summit1le

Drives: 15 Lexus RCF, 17 Vette Grand Sport
Quote:
Tx Nick, appreciate the write up, one thing I am looking at changing is where it mounts to bottom so that skiramps gets clean air for pick up vertically.

Summit, did you measure pre and post quantum install (rotor temps)? I use longacre brake temp probe.
I did not measure the temps. IT was immediately apparent upon exit of the car near the front brakes how much cooler they were running.
2013 Summit 1SS 1LE w/NPP, SW 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers, CAI Intake, Ported TB, Cammotion 224/232 113 LSA, BTR Valvetrain, Melling Oil Pump, 468 HP 423, Apex Catch Can, Tank Plates, RPM 4 Point Roll Bar with SCCA/NASA Cross Brace, Schroth 6 Point Han's Harness, OMP WRC Front Seats, F.M.T Trailing Arms, F.M.T Solid Aluminum Subframe Bushings, Moreno Motorsports Camber Plates, BMR Bushings Front and Rear, Essex/AP Racing Radi-Cal Endurance Front Brakes, Quantum Brake Cooling Ducts, ZL1 Rockers, ZL1 Air Deflectors, Heritage Grill, Pfadt Springs.
summit1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 05:28 PM   #389
Mgizzle

I added 5" ducts by the fog lights in addition to my 3 inch ducts in lower center grill, all came out at wheel liner similar to zl1/z/28 where Nick S has em now. Put a blower 6" from each opening on both passenger and driver side. the 3" straight duct blew significantly more and faster air onto corner, 5" duct was I would say a third of the 3".

This is why I was never a fan of the quatum duct, the routing is too long too many curves and a 180 in airflow is a big no no, plus the exit hole on the shield is way smaller than a 3" duct opening.... Running it straight to quantum duct is best but at that point just let the 3" outlet blow on rotor hat without the quantum shield.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:28 PM   #390
X25

Drives: '16 C7 Z51
Quote:
I added 5" ducts by the fog lights in addition to my 3 inch ducts in lower center grill, all came out at wheel liner similar to zl1/z/28 where Nick S has em now. Put a blower 6" from each opening on both passenger and driver side. the 3" straight duct blew significantly more and faster air onto corner, 5" duct was I would say a third of the 3".

This is why I was never a fan of the quatum duct, the routing is too long too many curves and a 180 in airflow is a big no no, plus the exit hole on the shield is way smaller than a 3" duct opening.... Running it straight to quantum duct is best but at that point just let the 3" outlet blow on rotor hat without the quantum shield.
After playing with different setups on various cars, I am also leaning on a similar conclusion. As far as I can see, having a good brake system with a 2-piece rotor with large curved vanes in between surfaces seem to be the most important part of the brake system. When you have that all set, it already sucks in air, acting like a blower as the wheel gains speed. So, what remains to be done is providing fresh air, which you can do it easily by just dumping the air into the wheel well.

C7 has an excellent brake ducting system where the air is diverted by blades on the suspension control arms. Considering the simplicity, no wear items, and relative efficiency, I think it is a great compromise.
'17 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Night Edition
'15 Nissan Rogue S AWD
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:23 PM   #391
Nick S

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Quote:

I had debated on that when I mounted mine. The one corner of the fender liner barely matched up with the edge on the underside of the front bumper and I didn't want air from the bottom catching that little piece of the fender liner and start pulling on the fender liner. I also wanted to be able to more easily revert back to my 2013 OEM set up and if I would have tried to mount the fender liner on the outside of the front bumper there was a little raised lip that was kind of interfering with the bottom of the fender liner sitting flush with the bumper. I would have had to do a little more trimming I think to make it work so I decided I would just tuck it up underneath the bottom of the front bumper.

I think from what I have read here on the forum you are already well past the point of no return when it comes to going back to stock so I'm sure that consideration was not as important for you. Please post up some pics of the finished install if you would. It would be nice to compare what I did to how yours turned out incase there are any improvements I want to make to my set up.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:50 PM   #392
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick S View Post

I think from what I have read here on the forum you are already well past the point of no return when it comes to going back to stock .
Understatement of the year!