Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 07-12-2007, 02:59 PM   #43
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
My wife and I ended up with a 2000 V-6 Mustang with 3400 miles on it during our trip to the northeast (not a performance vehicle in any way).....we drove it from Hartford, CT to Philly, then to Boston, and back to Hartford. Terrible ride, I don't care what seat I was in. My wife had to ride in the backseat for about an hour when we picked up a friend of ours (he's 6'2", she's 5'2"...she wasn't going to let him cram into the back seat) and she said it was terribly uncomfortable.

I much preferred the ride, seating comfort, etc to my '90 Camaro RS that had over 100K on it.

For the record, the reason that the Mustang outsold the F-body cars was GM's fault. They didn't advertise them well enough, they didn't do any incentives, and they stopped really updating the F-bodies so that they would die out.

Let's hope that doesn't happen again.
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 05:13 PM   #44
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
And insurance got RIDICULOUS on a new Camaro!
Old 07-12-2007, 05:45 PM   #45
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
I agree when I first got my camaro I paid 250 a month with a perfect driving record. Ive driven my Fbody to and from FL to chicago 3 times, it was more comfortable than the grand am that I had. Im getting ready to drive from FL to WA next week the long way...Ill tell ya how that was when I get there...lol
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:23 PM   #46
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
Camaro lovers: like to sit directly on the floorpan of a car. (knees are not bent while driving)

mustang lover = likes sitting in an actual seat and also likes a suspension that will move more than 1/2 inch up and down

no one will admit this is the reason mustang outsold F-bodies. F-body vehicles (though great for a race track), are not fun to sit in for a long time, or to ride on any pavement that is not as smooth as glass.

not a flame thread, just a fact.
I'm willing to admit I found the seating position of my 2002 Camaro much more comfortable than a more upright seat like most vehicles have.

IMO it's a sporty car and shouldn't sit like I'm at the dinner table. It should be lower-slung. I'd get a sedan or truck if I wanted more upright seating.

I never found the 4th Gen's seating uncomfortable in the least. I sincerely hope the seating isn't too high in the 5th Gen.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:43 PM   #47
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
I'm willing to admit I found the seating position of my 2002 Camaro much more comfortable than a more upright seat like most vehicles have.

IMO it's a sporty car and shouldn't sit like I'm at the dinner table. It should be lower-slung. I'd get a sedan or truck if I wanted more upright seating.

I never found the 4th Gen's seating uncomfortable in the least. I sincerely hope the seating isn't too high in the 5th Gen.
Right! . It may very well be part of, but surely not THE reason the Camaro was outsold...

But take it from a guy who drives a 13 year-old minivan , but has access to sit in an F-body...BIG, BIG difference. And I'd rather sit in the F-body for a 10 hour trip, than the minivan (regardless of age)
Old 07-16-2007, 09:10 PM   #48
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Drives: 2017 Shelby GT350
HATE all you want, but if it was not for the New S197 Mustangs popularity the Camaro and challenger may not have come back. Will the Camaro be superior, most likely, but once again the Mustang created the fire and the Camaro makes it an inferno.. the 60's all over again
I am lucky that I get to live through both pony wars and not be influenced by brand loyalty, I get to Drive and Love them all....
2K05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:51 PM   #49
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K05GT View Post
I am lucky that I get to live through both pony wars and not be influenced by brand loyalty, I get to Drive and Love them all....
That's a very valueble attribute. Not many can say that honestly, I know I can't say the same. I will ALWAYS respect the Mustang, but I don't think I will ever be able to "love" it.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:10 AM   #50
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

To each his own, I never thought I would Love driving a Ford Car, let alone a Mustang since I have never liked them beyond the early 70's but the new ones are done right.

I am also going to buy a Charger SRT8, trading in our 04 300M. This will be my wifes DD. Our Vette we don't drive much, it's Manual and in DC Traffic it's hard on my bad knee (injury from a Motorcycle accident)
My Silverado is a Winter Driver and a homedepot runner. My Mustang is a semi DD, and a toy I am in the process of doing Mods for both Rally and Drag.
13.1 @ 105 with CAI, UDP, Tune, 4.10 gears & BFG Drag Radials.
Adding CMDP and TCI 3000 Stall this week, Plans are to run 12.7 by august.

It may just become a project car, either working towards high 11 Sec 1/4 Mile NA or may go the easy route and install a Wipple SC and get to the low 10's. I have been following several non supercharged cars on mustang forums and have been impressed that they are getting low 12's with bolt-ons never opening the motor, and some have hit high 11's with cams and bolt-ons.

The last 2 years have been alot of fun playing with mods and racing. As far as the Camaro, I am sure I will keep it stock because of the speculated starting price for the V8 of 36K and 40K for the Vert. (I am getting the vert) this will be a weekend driver. but if the car gods treat me right I will also like to get the Challenger but the MSRP on this will be in the mid 40's so it's a wait an see right now.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:53 AM   #51
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
No "hate" here.

Personally, I really like the new styling of the Mustang. I also think the current styling, along with the '68 fastbacks and '60/'70 BOSS and Mach 1's are some of the greatest looking Mustangs ever.

That being said, I come from having a Grandfather as well as a Dad who were always "Chevy Guys". So consequently, I'm one too.

I am glad the Mustang has remained and done whatever part it has in "muscle car" history. I only tend to get a little "defensive" whenever there is misinformation out there regarding Camaro. (see previous post regarding seating)

The world would be a very boring place without the Camaro/Mustang rivalry. Long live the Camaro and Mustang!
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:56 AM   #52
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
No "hate" here.

Personally, I really like the new styling of the Mustang. I also think the current styling, along with the '68 fastbacks and '60/'70 BOSS and Mach 1's are some of the greatest looking Mustangs ever.

That being said, I come from having a Grandfather as well as a Dad who were always "Chevy Guys". So consequently, I'm one too.

I am glad the Mustang has remained and done whatever part it has in "muscle car" history. I only tend to get a little "defensive" whenever there is misinformation out there regarding Camaro. (see previous post regarding seating)

The world would be a very boring place without the Camaro/Mustang rivalry. Long live the Camaro and Mustang!
Yea That post about the seat was off, because the S197 mustang has the same seating position as the 4th gen F body. I think he was talking about the SN95 Newedge stang, which I did not like. I too do not like Miss information which goes along with Fan-boy Ignorance.

My favorite 4th gen Camaro is the 1998 Z28 I really like the looks of it. It's hard for me to be a fan-boy on any brand because I love cars, always have,
I buy what I like and I don;t care what anyone thinks, this allows me to have a broader more diverse experience. some what like dating all types of women just not white or black or Hispanic, I love them all.

I wish I Had a garage like Jay Leno, I'd dump the model T's and stick with all American Muscle Cars. 1964 - 200? I'd own every model, that would be heaven.

Something to Ponder:
When I own both the Mustang and the Camaro and park them in the garage, will they fight it out or make fun of the Charger in the driveway?

Last edited by 2K05GT; 07-17-2007 at 09:06 AM.