Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-17-2008, 02:45 AM   #29
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Quote:
Originally Posted by nester7929 View Post
I'd chose a Mercedes. If I ever get a sedan, performance won't be as much of an issue as interior quality and comfort.
id get a used 335i sedan over a merc C class. At least that gives you both performance and luxury
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:14 AM   #30
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
I like the G8 but compared the the charger its looks weird

I mean compared to the front of the cars, the charger wins

and

the back the G8 wins

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:21 AM   #31
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
I like the G8 but compared the the charger its looks weird

I mean compared to the front of the cars, the charger wins

and

the back the G8 wins
Really, I'm the exact opposite. I think the rear end is lacking and the front looks awesome.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:30 AM   #32
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
However, because the G8 is the future of Pontiac, GM would be NUTS not to bring this to the table...
What a lot of people don't know, about the Holden Coupe 60 "concept" is that it's not as much of a concept as you think. It's closer to pre-production than it is a concept. It will be available 2 years in Australia as a Holden Commodore Coupe (name subject to change)

GM IS bringing the Holden Coupe 60 stateside in a few years and it'll either be called the G8 Coupe, or it will have the GTO name-plate again...

This coming from a trusted, and reliable source. But that was also over the summer when I was informed about this. With GM's current state who knows what's going to happen. Who knows what's going to happen to Pontiac as a brand too...

Back on topic though. Yeah G8 GXP is nice but too much for my tastes....
Old 12-17-2008, 11:26 AM   #33
GatorBlue371

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4EVER View Post
What a lot of people don't know, about the Holden Coupe 60 "concept" is that it's not as much of a concept as you think. It's closer to pre-production than it is a concept. It will be available 2 years in Australia as a Holden Commodore Coupe (name subject to change)

GM IS bringing the Holden Coupe 60 stateside in a few years and it'll either be called the G8 Coupe, or it will have the GTO name-plate again...

This coming from a trusted, and reliable source. But that was also over the summer when I was informed about this. With GM's current state who knows what's going to happen. Who knows what's going to happen to Pontiac as a brand too...

Back on topic though. Yeah G8 GXP is nice but too much for my tastes....

The 'concept' is a concept till its put into production, id love for it to make it over here, but even in a perfect world your source says AT LEAST a few years, and that was before this bailout bs.
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
Old 12-17-2008, 11:32 AM   #34
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
With Pontiac being shrunk to one or two niche cars...I can see the G8, and G8 coupe being brought over here...I bet they'll be high-priced though...
Old 12-17-2008, 11:39 AM   #35
GatorBlue371

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
With Pontiac being shrunk to one or two niche cars...I can see the G8, and G8 coupe being brought over here...I bet they'll be high-priced though...
maybe, i can see pontiac filling the 30k-39k slot in the market w/ chevy camaro below that and the corvette above it.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:22 PM   #36
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Why does this have a "guzzler" tax? Can't they put AFM on it like the Camaro?
If they would have added AFM that would have cut about 20 horsepower from the car in a similar fashion like the Camaro with AFM is about 20 horse shy than the LS3.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:25 PM   #37
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbolt70 View Post
I was seriously contemplating this vs the 2SS. The thing is beautiful (to me), but I don't think I can justify the 6k pricejump for the same (or lesser) performance.
you do get a little less performance, but you do get alot more versitility, like A real back seat, a 17.5 cubic ft. of trunk space etc.. Motortrend went 0-60 in only 4.5 sec and hit the quarter mile 13.0 flat at about 110mph, thats not slow in any way shape or form.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:26 PM   #38
GatorBlue371

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth411 View Post
you do get a little less performance, but you do get alot more versitility, like A real back seat, a 17.5 cubic ft. of trunk space etc.. Motortrend went 0-60 in only 4.5 sec and hit the quarter mile 13.0 flat at about 110mph, thats not slow in any way shape or form.
the only real drop in performance is probably just feeling less nimble.

im Lovin on the GXP's rimms....
Old 12-17-2008, 12:31 PM   #39
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
Quote:
The 'concept' is a concept till its put into production, id love for it to make it over here, but even in a perfect world your source says AT LEAST a few years, and that was before this bailout bs.
Well basically all that the Holden Coupe 60 is actually what the Holden UTE/G8 ST is. Same chassis, same major components, where it differs mostly is in the body itself, going from behind the front seats all the way to the back.

But everything works in the Coupe 60 right down to the wiper blades. That's what I meant.

Yeah I know what I was told was this summer, before all the sh*t started to hit the fan could be different now. But that's why I stated what time I was told it, And I realize that could all change. That was just the approximate time-line from what I was told as of this summer....

So we'll see how everything develops for this vehicle.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:40 PM   #40
GatorBlue371

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4EVER View Post
Well basically all that the Holden Coupe 60 is actually what the Holden UTE/G8 ST is. Same chassis, same major components, where it differs mostly is in the body itself, going from behind the front seats all the way to the back.

But everything works in the Coupe 60 right down to the wiper blades. That's what I meant.

Yeah I know what I was told was this summer, before all the sh*t started to hit the fan could be different now. But that's why I stated what time I was told it, And I realize that could all change. That was just the approximate time-line from what I was told as of this summer....

So we'll see how everything develops for this vehicle.
Its likely that a G8 coupe will one day make its way to America if Pontiac becomes a G8 only brand.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:40 AM   #41
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
Quote:
A Sports sedan for 39k from Merc or BMW would be grade A. Crap.

think about it. What would you rather have, a top of the line model from a good brand, or a bottom of the line model of a pricier brand.

ya i had my own fling with the GT but i drove it and found the auto to be shockingly dissapointing.

The GXP looks like an amazing car, but to be honest i dont see 10k worth of differences betwen the GXP and the GT (not to say it isnt there, but if i dont see it the average customer sure as hell isnt going to see it)
Thank you for confirming the auto tranny sucks. So many reports on it.

10k more is too much, alright. It's mostly profit and $1700 gas-guzzler tax.
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:33 AM   #42
GatorBlue371

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
Thank you for confirming the auto tranny sucks. So many reports on it.

10k more is too much, alright. It's mostly profit and $1700 gas-guzzler tax.
Yeap. it sucks .

Very dissapointing, however, im gonna look into the 6-speed GXP when it comes out. I still am having a hard time seeing almost 10k in upgrades on the car.