Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-01-2010, 08:39 PM   #1
GameOver620

Drives: 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer
Do you feel that the Camaro has enough gadgets?

I was kind of bored so I went searching on cars.com and other car websites to see what other cars were out other than the camaro. What i found interesting and maybe it's one of the reasons I'm still holding off on one is that the camaro just doesn't have enough high tech stuff for me. I know many of you are muscle car enthusiasts and want to keep the car as original and pure as possible but it is 2010 and the technology is out there so why not make it available.
It is little things like push button ignition, passive entry, nav system, rear back up camera, voice activation, and so on. I'm sure there are things that I missed but you get the point.
GameOver620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:11 PM   #2
IceCreamGuys

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
I am with you on this one... a little..

I am huge on in car technology, as well. My last ride (2007 F-150) had Nav, Backup Camera, Sat. TV, XBOX 360's, Modded front screen that could play TV, DVD, etc., bluetooth, etc.

I have always been a fan of adding as much of this as possible.

And then.. I saw the Camaro. The sleek lines, the raised shoulders - and I could have cared less if it even had a radio in it.

I hope that there are options down the line to add to the car, but honestly - like others have said on here - it is such a nice ride, you find yourself turning off the electronics and just listening to the engine purr.

No regrets.
IceCreamGuys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:06 PM   #3
DiverRich

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS A6 Silver Ice
That's why I'm adding a double din navi to mine. :0)
DiverRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:09 PM   #4
SNV

Drives: 2014 RRM 2ls
Onlything I would have liked to see if a radio with built in nav. Well would rather sirius then xm. All in all I am very happy. No need for gadgets hehe.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:10 PM   #5
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameOver620 View Post
I was kind of bored so I went searching on cars.com and other car websites to see what other cars were out other than the camaro. What i found interesting and maybe it's one of the reasons I'm still holding off on one is that the camaro just doesn't have enough high tech stuff for me. I know many of you are muscle car enthusiasts and want to keep the car as original and pure as possible but it is 2010 and the technology is out there so why not make it available.
It is little things like push button ignition, passive entry, nav system, rear back up camera, voice activation, and so on. I'm sure there are things that I missed but you get the point.
No...I don't think it has enough...I LOVE the latest tech and gadgetry....but consider this:

Push-button start: $100-200
Passive-Entry: $100-200
Navigation: $2000
Rear Camera: $400
Voice-act.: $100?

So you've taken an already 27k car (if we use the 2LT)...and shot that price up to almost $30,000. And every option you offer adds a foundational cost to the vehicle's bottom line.

Suddenly it's not so competitive, sales slip, and the car goes away again....:(

Let's look at the high-tech stuff it DOES come with, though.

StabiliTrack. The very same system used on the ZR1, this stability/traction control system is an Industry benchmark...one of the things EVERY GM critic can agree is good stuff!

Bluetooth Connectivity: Connect your phone to your car and talk to your friends and family completely hands-free.

Homelink: Put those bulky, annoying garage-door openers away, and simply press a button on your roof console like you're in a fighter jet.

Auto-up/Down Power Windows.

Remote power locks. Find the car in a dark parking lot, and remind friends what you drove in as you leave a party.

Dual-Beam, Xenon headlights with LED Halo accenting: the majority of cars don't even offer Xenon lamps, let alone dual-beam-single lens units!! Most use two separate lamps for high and low beams. Even the Corvette! And the LED halo rings are menacing and a segment-exclusive as well. No other sporty 2+2 has lighting effects quite like that...

LED CHMSL: A crisp and bright red light will make darned sure that fool behind you sees you're stopping from underneath his coffee cup.

Launch-Control: The Camaro got it before the Corvette did...and it works beautifully. Flawlessly launch your manual transmission Camaro over and over again with the click of a button.

Technologically-advanced sheetmetal design. NO ONE in the Industry has made stampings as deep and sculpted as the Camaro's hindquarters...and those who come close...charge ridiculous amounts of money for their cars. It took hundreds of computer trials to get that down right.

PDIM: Connect your Ipod or other devide to your car and scroll through the menus with the radio controls (on your wheel!!)

USB port. This is new...and allows you to plug in a hard drive in addition to your Ipod, etc and create a truly self-sufficient and mobile audio system.

Direct Injection: A class first, this provides higher efficiency and power using today's most advanced gas-engine technologies

IRS. The epitomy of suspension systems, the Independant Rear on the Camaro is even more advanced utilizing a unique 4.5 link setup.

Ambient Lighting...few cars have it today, and the Camaro was one of GM's first to offer this new interior technology.

I could go on...but my fingers hurt....

Much thanks to The_Blur for jogging my memory.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:11 PM   #6
Don O
Camaro and Vettehead

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM L99 69 427/400 Vette
The Viper team has 3 rules before anything gets added in production:

1) Does it make the car go faster
2) Does in make the car stop quicker
3) Does it make the car lighter (see #1 and #2)

You won't find cup holders in their sports car

Don O

Last edited by Don O; 03-01-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Don O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:27 PM   #7
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCreamGuys View Post
I am with you on this one... a little..

I am huge on in car technology, as well. My last ride (2007 F-150) had Nav, Backup Camera, Sat. TV, XBOX 360's, Modded front screen that could play TV, DVD, etc., bluetooth, etc.

I have always been a fan of adding as much of this as possible.

And then.. I saw the Camaro. The sleek lines, the raised shoulders - and I could have cared less if it even had a radio in it.

I hope that there are options down the line to add to the car, but honestly - like others have said on here - it is such a nice ride, you find yourself turning off the electronics and just listening to the engine purr.

No regrets.
I call these hips. And I love how they look from the side or back on mine

I love technology for cars but I think the car has performance and looks to make up for it. I can't see everyone drool over my car if I'm looking at the nav screen!
Old 03-02-2010, 01:41 AM   #8
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
One gadget I really like on mine... the 304HP 3.6L LLT
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:55 AM   #9
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Tap Shift is awesome
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote