Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-05-2015, 06:47 AM   #15
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanys 2SS View Post
Lets all face it our car values have tanked real bad.
Dodge Challengers and hellcats have killed our value.
All of these cars lose value over time. Hellcats will too. But right now the OP's price is under market. Look around and find another ZL1 for this price. He might do better in the spring.

And besides all that, with DRs I bet the O'Ps ZL1 would do just fine against a manual Hellcat.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:11 AM   #16
tomster
RedLine

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
All of these cars lose value over time. Hellcats will too. But right now the OP's price is under market. Look around and find another ZL1 for this price. He might do better in the spring.

And besides all that, with DRs I bet the O'Ps ZL1 would do just fine against a manual Hellcat.
thanks man!
2022 GMC 2500 "Blue"
2022 ZL1 1LE 6spd "Rapid Blue"
2023 ZL1 1LE Auto Rapid Blue (ordered)
tomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 07:46 AM   #17
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
This is a steal, period.

It would be hypocritical for anyone to suggest OP to de-mod the car back when he has performed the exact same thing 95% of us would do within 30 days of owning the car. 10% pully? seriously? - #1 required mod with this car. With buyer paying $500-$1000 shipping, OP can sell this to the lower 48 easily. Mileage is arguably irrelevant, but anyone wanting lower mileage can certainly pony up the additional $5-8k for a garage queen or $10-12k for an untitled '13/'14. Sell now, do not wait until next spring when the stats on the 6th gen ZL1's are released.

GLWS!
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 09:46 AM   #18
Cabinetman

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
GM has killed the value of these cars. The 20% off deals let you buy a brand new ZL-1 for under $50k.

This is a classic problem manufacturers face with niche vehicles. You either build more than enough to meet demand, which in turn hurts the value, or you don't build enough and piss off folks that can't get one.
Cabinetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 02:53 PM   #19
roorback

Drives: V8 permagrin
is the 10% pulley really that much of a deterrent? Is it really that much of a risk to ruin the internals as to make this car avoidable at this great price?
roorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 03:06 PM   #20
Dutchman427

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1329 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by roorback View Post
is the 10% pulley really that much of a deterrent? Is it really that much of a risk to ruin the internals as to make this car avoidable at this great price?
It is a deterrent if you do not know who tuned the car. Depending on who tuned it could also be a deterrent. I think it is priced high for the mileage.
2012 Camaro ZL1 #1329 M6 Summit White
Built by Mike @ Rapid Motorsports
784rwhp 757 rwtq on 93 Octane ET - 10.97 @ 128
Heads-Blower-Snout-TB ported & prepared by Jeremy Formato of FasterProms
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395950

Rapid Motorsports 396ci Build
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...1#post10321301
10.832 @ 130.99
Dutchman427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 03:31 PM   #21
roorback

Drives: V8 permagrin
kbb would disagree with you
http://www.kbb.com/chevrolet/camaro/...=private-party
roorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 03:38 PM   #22
Dutchman427

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1329 M6
This car has been for sale for a very long time. It hasn't moved. If this was such a stellar deal, it would have sold as soon as the op marketed it. Either way, don't want to hijack this thread. Good luck with the sale OP.
2012 Camaro ZL1 #1329 M6 Summit White
Built by Mike @ Rapid Motorsports
784rwhp 757 rwtq on 93 Octane ET - 10.97 @ 128
Heads-Blower-Snout-TB ported & prepared by Jeremy Formato of FasterProms
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395950

Rapid Motorsports 396ci Build
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...1#post10321301
10.832 @ 130.99
Dutchman427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 04:26 PM   #23
Redlineviper

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Take it to car max and get a quote. Then add 2500 and that is probably the market for private party.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:51 PM   #24
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
Maybe hold on to the ZL1 if you can, wait till early 2016. Right now the dealers are offering killer deals on ZL1s brand new, soon there will be no new ZL1s.

The 6th Gen SS might not be enough for some people who cant wait until 2017, they might buy a 5th gen ZL1.

Also when people see the 6th Gen ZL1 price tag of around 65k-70k with a mark up/

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 06:10 PM   #25
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman427 View Post
This car has been for sale for a very long time. It hasn't moved. If this was such a stellar deal, it would have sold as soon as the op marketed it. Either way, don't want to hijack this thread. Good luck with the sale OP.
I disagree. I bought my ZL1 a month ago and I scoured the market. Every ZL1 I was going to look at was sold before I could find the time to see it. I ended up paying more than I wanted for a 2015. A car like the OPs is priced under market and just needs to find the right buyer. I have not seen the car, but if it is clean I would have bought it in a heartbeat. Black/black wheels/M6/Carbon and some free mods. I think the month of November until March kills hi-po sales here in the north with Xmas and the cold weather.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:14 AM   #26
tomster
RedLine

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
Thanks for all the comments. The car has been on here awhile however I was not really trying hard to sell it. I really wanted to drive it this summer.... I did not put a for sale sign in the window and the only place until this week I listed it was here and Craigslist.
Since I have listed it on Auto trader my phone has been Non stop with people asking questions. I'm Sure it will move in the next few weeks as this is the most activity I have had on it since listed.
As for the Mods... I really hate trying to sell stuff... dealing with all the texts and trying to arrange shipping.... My life is much to busy for that. So if i removed the Mods. I would probable end up just giving them away... seems easier to just let some one else have a tastefully modded car and all the stock parts so they can choose how they want it. The Tune is by jennete racing and is very safe. When it was dyno'd the shop I took it to wanted to tune it also saying they could get more out of it by running it leaner.... I prefer to error on the side of reliability as this is my daily driver in the summer time. This is also the reason I didn't choose to run the supercharger even faster with a even bigger pulley to get more h/p. With the mods I chose Boost pressure stays very close to stock (because of the headers) so there is no problems with the supercharger getting to hot. Alot of people on here just put a pulley and cold air at these cars with out ever thinking about what else it may affect long term.
2022 GMC 2500 "Blue"
2022 ZL1 1LE 6spd "Rapid Blue"
2023 ZL1 1LE Auto Rapid Blue (ordered)
tomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 02:44 PM   #27
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomster View Post
Thanks for all the comments. The car has been on here awhile however I was not really trying hard to sell it. I really wanted to drive it this summer.... I did not put a for sale sign in the window and the only place until this week I listed it was here and Craigslist.
Since I have listed it on Auto trader my phone has been Non stop with people asking questions. I'm Sure it will move in the next few weeks as this is the most activity I have had on it since listed.
As for the Mods... I really hate trying to sell stuff... dealing with all the texts and trying to arrange shipping.... My life is much to busy for that. So if i removed the Mods. I would probable end up just giving them away... seems easier to just let some one else have a tastefully modded car and all the stock parts so they can choose how they want it. The Tune is by jennete racing and is very safe. When it was dyno'd the shop I took it to wanted to tune it also saying they could get more out of it by running it leaner.... I prefer to error on the side of reliability as this is my daily driver in the summer time. This is also the reason I didn't choose to run the supercharger even faster with a even bigger pulley to get more h/p. With the mods I chose Boost pressure stays very close to stock (because of the headers) so there is no problems with the supercharger getting to hot. Alot of people on here just put a pulley and cold air at these cars with out ever thinking about what else it may affect long term.
Jannety Tune. Question answered. That tune is a selling point. I am just starting to realize the LTs I have will give more power with less boost. Thanks for reminding me of that. Good luck. What are you buying?
Old 11-06-2015, 05:19 PM   #28
Country Boy

Drives: Eh..
Quote:
It's a great deal for an awesome car, but with the 6th gens rolling out, that's what killed it for the 5th gen ZL1. I was looking for a ZL1 until all the specs started rolling out.

Good luck OP. You'll find the right buyer eventually.
Country Boy is offline   Reply With Quote