Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 08:13 PM   #211
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Supermans, I will give you due credit...the G6 is a piece of crap. The list goes on forever on things that Pontiac knows is wrong with the car but won't address (recall) because they technically won't cause a safety concern.

Of the many things to mention, the ECM randomly resets...you can tell this happens by your car alarm randomly setting itself off...while driving down the road...and your radio clock and presets ago haywire to default. Also the steering columns just fail at will. As in, can't hold up the weight of the sterring wheel anymore and just flops around. Then there's the faulty rotors that were in some year models.

I speak from experience, we traded our '06 G6 GT in for the Trailblazer and it was good riddance, none of the above things would get covered by warranty because they couldnt' be proven to be defective (except the rotors, which they said is "normal wear and tear" on a car with <20k miles on it).

Anyway the point is, the G6 has the chance of leaving a poor taste in anyone's mouth who's owned one, and all I can offer up is that it is NOT the norm for GM these days. It's a serious stain for them but the typical genre for them doesn't care (cheaper sports-car feel for low cost...they don't complain) so they probably won't address it, it's not a public enough problem.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:41 PM   #212
Z-Lover

Drives: G6 V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
Supermans, I will give you due credit...the G6 is a piece of crap. The list goes on forever on things that Pontiac knows is wrong with the car but won't address (recall) because they technically won't cause a safety concern.

Of the many things to mention, the ECM randomly resets...you can tell this happens by your car alarm randomly setting itself off...while driving down the road...and your radio clock and presets ago haywire to default. Also the steering columns just fail at will. As in, can't hold up the weight of the sterring wheel anymore and just flops around. Then there's the faulty rotors that were in some year models.

I speak from experience, we traded our '06 G6 GT in for the Trailblazer and it was good riddance, none of the above things would get covered by warranty because they couldnt' be proven to be defective (except the rotors, which they said is "normal wear and tear" on a car with <20k miles on it).

Anyway the point is, the G6 has the chance of leaving a poor taste in anyone's mouth who's owned one, and all I can offer up is that it is NOT the norm for GM these days. It's a serious stain for them but the typical genre for them doesn't care (cheaper sports-car feel for low cost...they don't complain) so they probably won't address it, it's not a public enough problem.

Just for the record, I love my G6. I loved my Grand Prix more, but had to trade it in as the wife needed to learn on something smaller (anyone makes a pun and I'm calling the suburbans).

I've found the tranny on my G6 to be significantly better than the one on my Grandprix. I would say it is comparable to any Honda I have driven (this is a compliment, Honda's trannys are good).

The only issue I have with my G6 is that my door is starting to creak when I open it, but I think that is the fault of the poor quality of Toronto's roads than any fault in the G6.

Ok, back to Camaro talk....
Old 05-31-2008, 10:55 PM   #213
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I was recently in a G6 rental. It looks good on the outside, but the problem is that the interior feels cheaper than most new GM models. It's still nice, but everything else seems so much nicer.
warn 145:159 ban
Old 05-31-2008, 11:44 PM   #214
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Lover View Post

Just for the record, I love my G6. I loved my Grand Prix more, but had to trade it in as the wife needed to learn on something smaller (anyone makes a pun and I'm calling the suburbans).
Old 06-01-2008, 12:07 AM   #215
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
So, how 'bout dem Cowboys! :bangdesk:
Old 12-12-2008, 08:52 AM   #216
toxicity

Drives: 'Maro
Production Line Photos?

Hey guys i found this last night when i was just looking around on the net wasn't sure if anyone has posted this (i did a search to see if anyone did) but i thought everyone would find it interesting.

Edited with thread here:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4198
Old 12-12-2008, 08:59 AM   #217
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Nice, we have had pics like this before, I can't tell if they are new or not. they all loook the same to me until they are finished.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:58 AM   #218
ablanco

Drives: 04 Expedition
I found a couple of these yesterday.
Attached Images

Old 12-12-2008, 11:17 AM   #219
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Yes, these have been posted. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4198
Old 12-12-2008, 12:08 PM   #220
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Nice to see those again. Hopefully, they'll be up and running very soon to get Camaro on the streets fighting them 'Stangs and Mopars.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs

Closed Thread