Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-25-2011, 06:04 PM   #1
PhillyC

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS/RS SW/IOM Stripes
Un-FREAKING-BELIEVABLE

Hey All,

Just had post this and get your opinoins on what I should do.

I bought my '11 2SS RS on late afternoon Sunday 8/14. Because it was so late in the afternoon and I had to be somewhere that evening they didn't get a chance to wash it properly. My salesman said bring back anytime and we'll "detail it up" for you. Great.

So I drive the car from Monday 8/15 - Sunday 8/21...I actually had to work all weekend which is very rare for me. I ended up taking Monday 8/22 off and I decided to take it into the dealership to take them up on their offer to "detail" the car. When I arrived at the dealership my sales guy asks me how I'm enjoying the car and I say "I love it, I've driven just over 800 miles in a week" as I glanced at the odometer, but didn't see the exact mileage; it read 8xx. He then takes the car directly around the back of the dealership to "his detail guys" and says it should be ready in about 90 minutes as they were already working on a car and mine would be next. I said no problem and told them I'd be just around the corner at the Starbuck in order to use the free WiFi.

After about 1 hour and 20 min I head back to the dealership and my car is parked in front. My sales guys is out on a test drive with another customer but the receptionist hands me my keys and says "it's all ready to go". I hop in and hit the road. (I live about 40 miles from this dealership). As I'm headed down the freeway I look down at my odometer and it's reading...get this....902 miles....902!!!

I think WTF? And then I start doubting myself. Did I have 902? I pull off the road and call the sales guys immediately. I know I didn't have 900 miles on the car yet. Of course he denies everything and says his guys would never do that and he says he can't explain the difference in mileage. I said look there's no way I had 900 miles on this car and told him to talk to his guys and find out what the hell they did (not that I'd ever expect him to call back and admit it). So it was still eating at me when I got home that maybe I was remember my mileage wrong. So I sit down at the computer and literall Google Mapped EVERY place I'd driven for the week. I mean it was only a week I know exactly where I'd been. Totalled it up and it came to ~780 miles. These guys pulled a Ferris Bueller on me. They took her for a joy ride. And one hell of a joy ride at that. They put 80-90 miles on the car in probably about an hour.

I am so flipping pissed. And to top it off my car has been feeling really sluggish the last couple of days and I realize...the ****ers probably put 87 octane gas in it when they refilled it.

So I've called Chevy Customer Care and opened an incident investigation with them. Needless to say I'm never setting foot back in that dealership again (Sanborn Chevy in Lodi CA BTW). What would you guys do? Have you heard of this happening? Should I have the car checked out at another dealership. If they went 80-90 in hour it means they were driving her pretty hard. Hell I haven't even taken her into triple digits mph yet. Have I mentioned I flipping PISSED.

Anyway thanks for listening and letting me vent.

Phil
PhillyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:09 PM   #2
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
How could they have driven it that far AND had time to detail it in that amount of time?
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:10 PM   #3
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Hate the sh$t. Learn to detail your self bro. Yea sterling I was thinking the same thing.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:11 PM   #4
KnightRiderSS
Voodoo Medicine Man

Drives: Black 2SS with RS package
I wouldn't have called them out on it unless I knew exactly how many miles they put on it...but then again...I always take a picture of the odometer when I drop the car off to get serviced....

sometimes, when they detail a car, it must be driven to another dealership or garage where they do the work...I know b/c my brother in law sells cars for a living...do you know how far they would have taken it?
Old 08-25-2011, 06:12 PM   #5
camaro104

Drives: 2017 Nightfall 50th Annivers Camaro
Send a message via AIM to camaro104
My opinion i guest they were doing burnouts.....Check your tires.
camaro104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:12 PM   #6
REDXIIIDave
El Chupacabra

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6 Black/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
How could they have driven it that far AND had time to detail it in that amount of time?
This.
REDXIIIDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:18 PM   #7
Camaro0420

Drives: 2011 LS Victory Red M6
I have a case open with GM for the same thing at this time. I was hoping we used the same dealer, but not so. Good luck as they are denying anything happened.
Camaro0420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:19 PM   #8
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Drives: '12 2LT/RS; '14 2SS/RS LS3 SSE
did the car have miles on it when you bought it? Maybe that's where the extra mileage came from?
New cars that are customer test driven often have 50+ miles or more on them.
just saying...
Old 08-25-2011, 06:37 PM   #9
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
On a side note, did they do a good job detailing the car?
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:42 PM   #10
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_krazee View Post
did the car have miles on it when you bought it? Maybe that's where the extra mileage came from?
New cars that are customer test driven often have 50+ miles or more on them.
just saying...
My baby had 9 miles on her. But to echo an earlier post, unless you took a picture of the odometer do you have anyway to prove how many miles were on the car when you dropped it off? I'm not saying I don't believe you, because I do. I'm just playing devil's advocate.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:42 PM   #11
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
8xx miles could have been anywhere between 801 & 899. .......so you're not helping establish any provable or legitiment claim against the dealers staff........its possible that with-in three miles of the dealership on your way home the odometer read 902 miles. How far from the dealership were you, whenever you 1st noticed? You also mention 40 miles one way to and from the dealer....thats 80 additional miles added to your 780 mile weeklong guess if you negated this in your math, making for 860.,............your case seems to lack merit. I'd retink and re-evaluate the whole situation, unless the hwys there are traffic and LEO free, theres no logical way anyone drove you car 90 miles in a hr, on top of proffessionally detailing it and it being spotless for your inspection, all in the same time frame............. Good Luck.
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:43 PM   #12
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]

Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
I'd be very upset with that as well! Unfortunately, it looks like it's going to be your word versus theirs. I know when I take my vehicle in for an oil change at the dealership, the bill of receipt usually has the mileage in/mileage out for me to see. I don't know of anything I can tell you that will help you in resolving this dispute, but it looks like you're gonna have to eat this one and move forward. Wish I could give you better news...Hopefully your car is okay and you'll have many years of enjoyment with it. Good luck...
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:43 PM   #13
Sparksl
Lloyd

Drives: 2010 RS/2SS
I have to admit, it's hard to believe they took it for a joy ride? Was this a Chevrolet dealer? Why would they take your car with others,I assume available? And a good detail takes about at the very least 45 minutes. If they drove 80 miles on the 45 minutes they had, they would have had to travel............ figure that one out?

Did you check your tripometer?
Sparksl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:44 PM   #14
STYLE66
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
can you check with onstar just saying maybe they can tell you were the car has bin on that day. dont kill me for saying this
STYLE66 is offline   Reply With Quote