Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-24-2016, 08:53 AM   #43
Criticalmass

Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I vote leaky headgasket.
Criticalmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 04:40 PM   #44
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
I'm still on the O2 sensors or connections were submerged and shorted, corroded or damaged by driving through water
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 05:41 PM   #45
kville988
Lurking in my SS

Drives: '14 2SS/RS L99
sorry guys i opened up a new thread to go on a rant.

UPDATE: In a nutshell...dropped my car off at chevy. They claim no vacuum or seal leaks found via smoke machine. Even though I have a hiss and a rattle in my engine smh. They said its my O2 sensors. I just don't see how that can be with my tune cutting them off. so they want to charge me $860 to replace 2 O2 sensors!!! So im taking my car back and replacing them myself. Im still betting on a vacuum leak but maybe im wrong. I just hope I find the issue. They still want to charge me $300 + tax for at least half of there time. I told them All i was told was it would be $110 Diagnosis fee...he said thats per hour. jeez im so heated! So im getting my car back not fixed.
kville988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 02:30 AM   #46
kville988
Lurking in my SS

Drives: '14 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVA 45TH 2SS View Post
I'm still on the O2 sensors or connections were submerged and shorted, corroded or damaged by driving through water
Looks like you were right man. Not sure if they shorted. They probably got fouled from all the flooding and raining. Or maybe, JUST MAYBE, the down pour of rain got my intake filter wet and forced oil from the filter to find its way to my sensors and fouled them that way. I switched the O2 sensors from driver side to passenger side and it threw a code for the opposite side. I happened to have some brand new sensors in my closet I ordered just in case I damaged my original ones when I installed my headers 2 years ago. I put them both in, did a fuse pull, and unhooked the battery cable over night.

The next day it drove a tad rough for like the first 5 minutes then everything smoothed out. Crossing my fingers that was my issue. although I still hear a hissing noise by the fuel rails/under the intake manifold. Smoke machine didn't find any leaks but the leak just may be that small or the injectors are just loud like that I guess.

Thanks everyone for the input. I hope in the future someone with the same issues will search the key words that is in this thread and it will help them to find there issue as well. The thing I hate about other issue/diagnosis threads is that they end the conversation out of no where with no updates.

So again, just for the next person with the issue that is searching on google for an answer.... My camaro L99 SS started idling rough / dying at stop signs and red lights. Also surged real bad and died when it was put in reverse. I had white smoke and a strong gas smell as well. Found codes P0171 and P0174 fuel system too lean. Which means I was running rich and the car was dumping a lot of fuel to lean it out which is where the smoke was coming from. Cleaned the MAF, ran out the gas just in case it had water in it, put fuel cleaner with new gas in, checked my oil, and my coolant and found nothing. I also re torqued my header bolts and they all were torqued out to spec. I eventually replaced both front Oxygen sensors and did a fuse pull and the car worked itself back smooth again. No surging, no dying, and I dont have to keep the RPMs high anymore to keep it from dying. Still a small blip here and there but may just be because Im cautious and listening/waiting for something to go wrong. 50 miles with no issues thus far.
kville988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 03:47 PM   #47
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kville988 View Post
Looks like you were right man. Not sure if they shorted. They probably got fouled from all the flooding and raining. Or maybe, JUST MAYBE, the down pour of rain got my intake filter wet and forced oil from the filter to find its way to my sensors and fouled them that way. I switched the O2 sensors from driver side to passenger side and it threw a code for the opposite side. I happened to have some brand new sensors in my closet I ordered just in case I damaged my original ones when I installed my headers 2 years ago. I put them both in, did a fuse pull, and unhooked the battery cable over night.

The next day it drove a tad rough for like the first 5 minutes then everything smoothed out. Crossing my fingers that was my issue. although I still hear a hissing noise by the fuel rails/under the intake manifold. Smoke machine didn't find any leaks but the leak just may be that small or the injectors are just loud like that I guess.

Thanks everyone for the input. I hope in the future someone with the same issues will search the key words that is in this thread and it will help them to find there issue as well. The thing I hate about other issue/diagnosis threads is that they end the conversation out of no where with no updates.

So again, just for the next person with the issue that is searching on google for an answer.... My camaro L99 SS started idling rough / dying at stop signs and red lights. Also surged real bad and died when it was put in reverse. I had white smoke and a strong gas smell as well. Found codes P0171 and P0174 fuel system too lean. Which means I was running rich and the car was dumping a lot of fuel to lean it out which is where the smoke was coming from. Cleaned the MAF, ran out the gas just in case it had water in it, put fuel cleaner with new gas in, checked my oil, and my coolant and found nothing. I also re torqued my header bolts and they all were torqued out to spec. I eventually replaced both front Oxygen sensors and did a fuse pull and the car worked itself back smooth again. No surging, no dying, and I dont have to keep the RPMs high anymore to keep it from dying. Still a small blip here and there but may just be because Im cautious and listening/waiting for something to go wrong. 50 miles with no issues thus far.
Just a thought, seems like you have your lean/rich terms backwards, unless i'm severely mistaken. Lean=too much air, rich=too much fuel
Sold: 2015 ZL1 M6, Rotofab Intake, LS3 throttle body, 2.55 Upper/9.17 Lower, Custom Camshaft, DMS Reinforced Brick, ID1050X, 1 7/8" Headers, ProSpeed HX/Reservoir, DSX Aux Pump/Flex Fuel Sensor, E85, McLeod RXT, BMR 1" Drop, 680rw 93/750rw E85, Tuned by CSP
Sold: 2010 2SS, some bolt ons, 415rwhp/400rwtq

spadz93 is offline   Reply With Quote