Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-20-2016, 11:18 AM   #141
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
I agree I like the above photo but the real car shown in photos I was like hmmmm not as good looking

Ryan
It doesn't have the digital "glow"...not sure why the did that...but in person it's just as stunning.
Old 03-20-2016, 01:21 PM   #142
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post

Ryan
The 5th gen owns the look of the "Boss". The 6th gen, I think, will own the road course. Its not so much the horsepower as it is with the lighter weight and all of the goodies that the ZL1 currently has but improved.

The 5th gen's Recaro seats still rule as well.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 06:12 PM   #143
MustangKiller

Drives: 2013 2ss/rs A6 yellow !!!!!
First of all it just doesn't have that I'm a reincarnated 69 Camaro look. The new SS just doesn't have the look of im debadged and you still know I'm a Camaro. As much as I like the new interior the exterior is very disappointing and although the ZL1 looks pretty good it just doesn't have that I'm a badass going to kick your ass look I think I'll keep my 5th gen

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
MustangKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 06:43 PM   #144
DeSH

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 #4801
Agree. 5th gen owns the exterior looks, while the 6th gen gets the nod for nicer interior. Love my 5th gen ZL1. The new ones are for somebody else to buy.
DeSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:51 AM   #145
cgfjhk

Drives: ford
I will get one when they go on sale , but good news is the fat kitty is running for the litterbox.

cgfjhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 01:16 PM   #146
nvydvr

Drives: 2015 Red Rock ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgfjhk View Post
I will get one when they go on sale , but good news is the fat kitty is running for the litterbox.

But my concern is they're due to be revamped and I can only imagine how much hp will come next. In technology we've got them smoked, but I feel like we're always playing catch-up when it comes to hp. Just my $0.02
nvydvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 02:49 PM   #147
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgfjhk View Post

I do not think so. The hellcat is no slouch. It will be interesting to see how this new ZL1 stacks up against it. There is no doubt the Hellcat is the straight line king but not a track car. It was not built to do that. Don't be surprised if the Hellcat is still the king in the straight line battle.
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 07:30 AM   #148
370zyzfr1

Drives: 2014 Camaro Zl1 Tripple Black!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime53 View Post
I do not think so. The hellcat is no slouch. It will be interesting to see how this new ZL1 stacks up against it. There is no doubt the Hellcat is the straight line king but not a track car. It was not built to do that. Don't be surprised if the Hellcat is still the king in the straight line battle.
Exactly. Hellcat pushing 750 at crank is very respectful. Nearly 4500 pounds isn't.

Cars are like computers now. Something always smaller and faster coming around the corner. The new GT500 could be pushing huh 700s here soon. The hellcat could be pushing closer to 800 with its next iteration. It's all relative.

These platforms are so easy to upgrade with just boltons. Just doesn't make sense to lose 25-30k at this point. Definitely not worth an upgrade at this time. If the new zl1 was pushing 700 at the crank then I would have considered it. That's a game changer to me.
370zyzfr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 09:18 AM   #149
teddywetts

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Camaro, 2015 Silverado 6.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvp33 View Post
These threads are always predictable and laughable. Asking people that plunked down $50 to 65K on a car if they're going to get rid of it when the new model comes out. These owners need to find something "fact" based to legitimize their past purchase. Then we get the comments:

"I really don't like the headlights on the new model"
"Those tail lights don't flatter the rear the way the round ones use to"

Ask those same owners if they want to trade for free. Then what? Damn right, in a heart beat. But wait.....I thought you hated the tail lights? LOL

So in reality...if you are a REAL car guy...please help me understand how you don't want a lighter, better handling, more modern, more powerful car again? Seriously...tell me how much you just hate the turn signals on the new 2017. LOL

I'm trading my CTS-V coupe in the minute I can find a dealer that will sell a ZL1 at MSRP.
So because you like it better its laughable that everyone doesn't think the same way? Thats pretty short sighted. I could buy the new one when it comes out, but i don't like the way it looks period. If i did i would of probably traded my 12 ZL1 for it. As is, ill keep my 12 ZL1, and probably buy a Z06 or find a ZR1. Its not like trading iPhones bud, sometimes you keep the car you have because you think its better for the collection. I don't go out and buy whats "trendy" I buy what i like, and what i think will be awesome 20years from now. Out of the box performance is great, and the improvements are too. However, when you mod your car like many of us do its not that big of a deal. My Camaro is my 4th vehicle and gets drove about 100 miles a month. Not worried about impressing someone with how new it is.
teddywetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 10:20 AM   #150
Dega Man

Drives: ZL1
In my opinion the 5th Gen win in the outer appearance category, it's just a good looking car resembling the 1969. Not saying that the Gen 6 is a ugly car, it just doesn't reach out and grab me as the 5th gen did, but I will definitely get a 6th gen ZL1 for the 10 speed and weight reduction alone, definitely will keep the 5th gen Zl1 as well. Mods and getting around 800 to 850 rwhp this car (6th gen ZL1) will be a true beast, I just hope the tranny, driveline and rear end are as bullet proof as the 5th gen ZL1 which concerns me they (Chevy) seem to be talking more road course than drag strip performance on the Gen 6. With the 10 speed auto I can't wait to see the 1/4 mile times compared to a Z06 in stock form. I bet will be very interesting, even with the weight differential.
Dega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 11:17 AM   #151
yonbujhu

Drives: ford
I'm probably going to get a lot of heat for this, but from looking at the pictures, I just don't care for the new styling.
yonbujhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 11:54 AM   #152
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
I like the new ZL1 but there are some things about it that I'm not in love with. The lower (and larger) grille for example. That wavy material versus the tighter/cleaner design of the black plastic looks too distracting to me. Not a deal breaker by any means; I'm just not liking it. But I'm sure some aftermarket version will be available that may be more to my liking.

I understand why they made it larger but that wavy stuff just doesn't do it for me.

I also do not like the rear spoiler - looks too cheap to me and very similar to the SS wing. Just not a fan of a pedestal spoiler on a Camaro. I would rather see a similar one to the Gen 5 version or even along the lines of the G5 Z/28 spoiler. Again, not a biggie and easily changed (hopefully).

Otherwise, it's a beautiful car.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 08:12 PM   #153
superbears14

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1 Vert
So far, not worth trading my 13 Z. I feel like I'm just getting used to this Z, and I haven't even felt near its full potential. What would I do with more horsepower if I haven't seen all of my Z's horses yet. Styling is OK, but what matters to me is the outside and the engine. As long as I have my tunes and a loud, fast engine, I'm good.

2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert, 19000 miles, every option available.
superbears14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 08:18 PM   #154
superbears14

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvp33 View Post
These threads are always predictable and laughable. Asking people that plunked down $50 to 65K on a car if they're going to get rid of it when the new model comes out. These owners need to find something "fact" based to legitimize their past purchase. Then we get the comments:

"I really don't like the headlights on the new model"
"Those tail lights don't flatter the rear the way the round ones use to"

Ask those same owners if they want to trade for free. Then what? Damn right, in a heart beat. But wait.....I thought you hated the tail lights? LOL

So in reality...if you are a REAL car guy...please help me understand how you don't want a lighter, better handling, more modern, more powerful car again? Seriously...tell me how much you just hate the turn signals on the new 2017. LOL

I'm trading my CTS-V coupe in the minute I can find a dealer that will sell a ZL1 at MSRP.
I'd probably trade my dog of a CTSV too. No one asked this question to a CTSV owner, so get out of here.

2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert, 19000 miles, every option available.
superbears14 is offline   Reply With Quote