Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-03-2012, 09:19 AM   #43
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
I have not had it at the track yet so no mph. But I do know it has the4.0 pulley on it and my ADM boost gaude is reading 8.5-9psi and I was there the whole time at Cincy Speed while it was being tuned and have it on video pulling 666 rwhp. My buddy has a whipple and cam and it pulled 657 after Cincy tuned it as well along with a guys car that I don't know but he also pulled 666rwhp but was on a 3.85 pulley I believe. I know it may sound not true but I promise I have no reason to lie, it has the 4.0 on it and it pulled 666 rwhp on a Dynojet at Cincy Speed.

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #44
Whipped416

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
not saying your lieing ... some dynos just are setup to read higher.. i sure you got a beast my brother!
Whipped416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:12 PM   #45
bmbbl be

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedestech View Post
I'm sure it's a great system, but I really don't plan on adding any more boost or power to my current setup. I think that setup is overkill for me, but thanks.

From all of the PM's I've gotton, it looks like the ZL1 pump combined with a BAP is working for tons of you guys very well. I still don't like the idea of a BAP after my current experience, but I'm definitely going to take another look at that route.

Once the fueling issue is handled, I'll let Mike continue with the remote tuning. Hopefully I can get some real driving time in on this thing before the white stuff starts flying here in Ohio. On a side note, since the remote tune is difficult at times, is there a tuner closer to me in Ohio that is on par with the regualars here on the forum? I'm sure Mike at Vengeance could fix me up if I was there in person, but I'm 12 hours away and he is doing everything he can at this point remotely. We may get it sorted out once the new pump is installed, but just incase we can't......I need Ohio tuning suggestions please.

Thanks to everyone for the responses and the abundance of help.
why not go see steve at RDP motorsports in perry,ohio ..he is way more than capable of tuning your car
bmbbl be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:00 PM   #46
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipped416 View Post
not saying your lieing ... some dynos just are setup to read higher.. i sure you got a beast my brother!
I understand what you mean. I hope to do a 416 build like you sometime and really crank it up!!

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #47
Whipped416

yes sir... makes for a nice pick up and realibilty.
Whipped416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:23 PM   #48
mercedestech

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM,2013 Mercedes ML350
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbbl be View Post
why not go see steve at RDP motorsports in perry,ohio ..he is way more than capable of tuning your car
Steve is a great guy, but he really dropped the ball when I was initially shopping for cams. I never did get a proper quote for what I requested even after several calls to his shop. I think they might have been going through some growing pains at the time, but I didn't feel real comfortable with them after that. Just out of curiosity, why did you go with Livernois over RDP. (I think I've seen your car once or twice at local events and seem to remember it being done by livernois...forgive me if it wasn't you)
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Whipple 2.9L, Rotofab CAI and coil covers, XS Power LT's and full 3" exhaust, Vengeance kaotic cam package (trunion kit,dual springs,titanium retainers,hardened pushrods,c5r chain,ls2 tensioner, melling oil pump) Mgw shifter, 160 deg Tstat, prosport gauges, LPE dual pump, FIC 60lb injectors, level 5 DSS Axles

1994 Z28 MSD optispark, K&N CAI, Magnaflow y pipe..Cat..and cat back. 1998 wheels, custom tune(sold )
1993 Base V6 sold to buy Z28
1994 Purple Pearl V6...sold
1979 Base Car with inline 250ci 6 cyl! My first car in 1989!
mercedestech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:35 AM   #49
bmbbl be

Quote:
Steve is a great guy, but he really dropped the ball when I was initially shopping for cams. I never did get a proper quote for what I requested even after several calls to his shop. I think they might have been going through some growing pains at the time, but I didn't feel real comfortable with them after that. Just out of curiosity, why did you go with Livernois over RDP. (I think I've seen your car once or twice at local events and seem to remember it being done by livernois...forgive me if it wasn't you)
it was me....i started with livernois before i knew of RDP. so i will stay with them. you could always go to livernois,,,i didnt recommend them because they are farther,,,181 miles from akron,,,, there tuner is dan millen and one of the best out there...email andy at livernois if you want to make a trip there
bmbbl be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:52 AM   #50
JLE58

Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
If I can find a decent deal on a LPE setup, I'm leaning that way. I'm kinda turned off on the BAP now. If I can't find a decent deal on an LPE, then a ZL1 pump will have to do. I don't want to go through the trouble of replacing the pump more than once, and really wish I didn't have to do it at all. I had a budget for this build.....I'm at it...and now I need a fuel pump. I guess deep down I never was comfortable with the BAP anyway. I really hate to spend $1000 on a pump and another 500-600 for a dyno tune, but I want my car right. I was pushing the clutch, axles, and rear suspension off until spring (trying to keep everything happy on the homefront if you know what I mean), but just want to be done so I can enjoy this car. As soon as I come up with a solution for the fuel issue, I think the rest of the items might just "show" up on my doorstep before winter........man these cars get expensive!
I have a twin pump setup sitting around it's the fastlane kit I will sell for A good price if you need one.
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:32 AM   #51
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLE58 View Post
I have a twin pump setup sitting around it's the fastlane kit I will sell for A good price if you need one.

Mercedes....JLE is a good guy. No worries dealing with him for what it's worth.
RPM Level 7 4L80e + Coan Converter
Hendrix 9" Rear Axle + 3.50 Gear
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
Fore Fuel System, Bogarts + Hoosier Slicks
Pfadt Drag Pack Suspension
My Build Thread | Best Pass To Date
HufferSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #52
JLE58

Thanks huffer. I've had it Sitting in the shop for a while been meaning to sell it but always forget.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:27 PM   #53
mercedestech

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLE58 View Post
Thanks huffer. I've had it Sitting in the shop for a while been meaning to sell it but always forget.
Sent you some questions!

No trusted Ohio tuners on this forum?
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Whipple 2.9L, Rotofab CAI and coil covers, XS Power LT's and full 3" exhaust, Vengeance kaotic cam package (trunion kit,dual springs,titanium retainers,hardened pushrods,c5r chain,ls2 tensioner, melling oil pump) Mgw shifter, 160 deg Tstat, prosport gauges, LPE dual pump, FIC 60lb injectors, level 5 DSS Axles

1994 Z28 MSD optispark, K&N CAI, Magnaflow y pipe..Cat..and cat back. 1998 wheels, custom tune(sold )
Old 09-04-2012, 10:39 PM   #54
mercedestech

Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
Mercedes....JLE is a good guy. No worries dealing with him for what it's worth.

Thanks Bill, sent him a pm. Trying to put something together this week. Don't know how I feel about a used fuel pump though. Ron sent me a quote on a LPE dual setup....Now if I could just get a local tuner lined up incase Mike has issues getting this car dialed in I'd be all set. There are 3 or 4 shops close, but only 1 is a forum sponser and he hasn't returned my pm's. No one has used the others that I have talked to.

Why didn't I just leave it stock again???????

Jeremy

Old 09-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #55
JLE58

I replied... I think the zl1 pump is clearly the pump for you. At your power level it will work great and it's dirt cheap and just drops in and is a single pump. Now if you start shooting for 700 rwhp In the near future than go twin pumps if not the zl1 is the better choice IMHO.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:03 PM   #56
mercedestech

Thanks for everyone's help. After much thought, I'm going for the LPE dual pump setup. I know it's overkill for my setup, but I only want to do this once (dropping the tank). I figure if I want to add more boost later, the fuel is handled. If I keep everything the way it is...I'm super safe. Either way is a win win. Ordered from Vengeance today, thanks Kevin and Ron!