Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-16-2009, 01:54 PM   #15
ThisChicksGotAYellow2SS

Drives: Yellow 2SS, '06 Evo IX
Quote:
Originally Posted by general23cmp View Post
"see".....shouldn't buy a camaro then. Probably one of the most difficult cars I've ever tried to see out of.

The next person who assumes that my car belongs to my boyfriend/husband is gonna be on the receiving end of some hot hell! I'm a girl dammit, not a preschooler!

Can someone tell me why so many Domestic owners hate Imports? Esp Japanese?
ThisChicksGotAYellow2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:50 AM   #16
HeadlightArmor

Drives: Company Car
Cool

^ hilarious signature!

Added some additional photos. We have three different smoked levels to choose from, from a nice subtle Light Smoke to a very dark Stealth Smoke. The Light Smoke on the standard taillights gives them more an subtle factory smoked RS look.

Stock VS. Light Smoke (50%)

More information in our vendor thread here

Last edited by HeadlightArmor; 10-08-2009 at 11:03 PM.
HeadlightArmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:18 AM   #17
BryanB

Drives: 2010 2SS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlightArmor View Post
Additional information added to our vendor section post here
I think im going to order the smoked version...

I think you should put some still images of the different versions on your website. The rotating camaro images give me a headache trying to see what it looks like before the picture changes and reference the picture with the description... just my opinion, I design websites for a living and usability things like that bother me.
BryanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:43 PM   #18
third1
speed freak

Drives: 2015i Cadillac Escalade,10 IOM 2ss
I cut out some pieces of tint and laid it over my backups.It looks good
Current:2015i Cadilac Escalade,2016 Lexus RC350,2011 CVO StreetGlide cammed,tuned & loud. 2010 IMO/IO,custom stripes,GFX,sunrf,solo exhaust,JBA shorties,rotofab,Jannetty tune,Pfadt,JLw6 Audison&Hertz,7/4/09 2GIFKIEJ6A9123779Del 7/10/09
Former Camaros 72 LT1 Z28, 86 z28
[SIGPIC]
third1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:53 AM   #19
HeadlightArmor

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanB View Post
I think im going to order the smoked version...

I think you should put some still images of the different versions on your website.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlightArmor View Post
Added some additional photos & information in our vendor thread here
Thanks for the order and the thoughts. As with all aspects of web design, everything is a compromise. Additional photo options have been looked at but none have been viable. We have additional photos in our install gallery and in our vendor threads.

Your order should ship today.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:05 AM   #20
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
My stuff was attempted to be delivered on Saturday from Headlightarmor, but no one was home and they had to have a signature, in person! :(

Anyway, yes the rear backup lights are a piece of cake to do with a small rectangle of tint. Wet, slide it under the bumper and you're done! Visibility on mine is about the same as without em - just put a light tint on them.

I also blacked out the GFX chrome exhaust trim:
Name:  DSC_4082.jpg
Views: 2125
Size:  114.7 KB

Close up:
Name:  DSC_4083.jpg
Views: 1316
Size:  95.6 KB
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:01 AM   #21
Atomic Autosports

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinglow57 View Post
im glad this threads title was.. people that want to be babies and complain about someone elses car..

what i have always done on my cars was have them scuffed down then spray the lights with a mix of black and clear coat.. you can make it as dark or as light as youwant. that stuff looks ok though
Old 11-23-2009, 09:50 PM   #22
Hugger_68SS

Drives: My Favorite: '77 Vette
You guys that are tinting and painting your tailites are taking chances. Can you say ass ended??
Old 11-24-2009, 01:04 AM   #23
Blood

Drives: 2003 Silverado z71 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWHCPA View Post
why would I want to and what traffic laws are being violated if you do this? visibility is 100% the most important thing you have to have...see and be seen.
You would want to cause they look awesome, they're not illegal and they GLOW so they're visible.
Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:48 AM   #24
cybercoaster

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anv, 1972 RS
I agree, have them on my reverse lights and side markers etc... You cant even tell they are tinted when the lights come on.
cybercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:04 AM   #25
Sword5

Drives: 2010 2SS
I have seen some of the new cars and the brightness of their brake lights need some kind of tint, it's almost blinding to sit behind one. I have driven my 93 Z for 16 yrs now with the taillight covers(smoked) and have never had an issue with anyone not seeing my brake lights.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:51 AM   #26
bigwormgraphix
Account Suspended

Drives: 1991 Z28, 2015 SS & 2017 SS
Below is a pic with the lights on with the vinyl black out on the tail lights. I've showed them to several local Police officers and they said it isn't a problem, but if it becomes a problem they are removable with no damage to your tail lights.

Below is stock on the right and our product on the left with the lights off.
bigwormgraphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:12 PM   #27
HeadlightArmor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
Any plans for reverse lights?
The reverse lights are now free with the Smoked Taillight or Smoked Taillight and side marker packages. They are also a stand alone item if you are not looking for the taillights too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugger_68SS View Post
You guys that are tinting and painting your tailites are taking chances. Can you say ass ended??
Thanks I enjoyed that. Painting can be problematic and easy to get wrong and have a massive impact on light output. The materials we use are designed for vehicle lighting protection. The lightest tint level will take a non-RS car and give it more of an RS look. Not much of any impact on functionality at all. If you were following a vehicle equipped with our smoked taillight kit some night in traffic - any tint level really - you would be hard pressed to tell which vehicle had one of our kits installed.

A few customer / sponsored car photos

Dark Stealth Smoke - Brake Lights

Dark Stealth Smoke in the direct August Texas Sun - Brakes, Reverse, and Hazard Lights
Old 11-24-2009, 12:52 PM   #28
marley.
OCD

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Here is my taillights. Its a translucent spray tint out of an aerosol can that is then clear coated and polished. They literally look black, no red whatsoever til you turn on the lights or hit the brakes and then they light up without issue. Way better than plastic covers or overlays because they allow a ton of light through still.

marley. is offline   Reply With Quote