Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 12-13-2013, 02:01 AM   #57
2012 Mustang GT

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT, 1998 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
About 38 lbs with cloth seats. A little bit more for leather, but I can't remember exactly how much more.

Here's a pretty good list of weights for things you may want to remove.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170965
How easy are the rear seats to remove on the Camaro. On the Mustang there are two pull tabs for the bottom and 3 bolts. Takes like 5 minutes.
2012 Mustang GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:38 AM   #58
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012 Mustang GT View Post
How easy are the rear seats to remove on the Camaro. On the Mustang there are two pull tabs for the bottom and 3 bolts. Takes like 5 minutes.
Real easy. The uppers have releases that goes around the pivot pins on each side. The bottoms just clip in. It only takes a few minutes and they are out. The releases are pretty hard to get to if you have big hands, so I unbolt them sometimes. It only takes a minute or two longer.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:47 AM   #59
FC_GIBB

Drives: 2012 Impala LTZ
all he will have to do is the similar mods to stay ahead of you.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "'The United States of America", for an amount "up to, and including my life". That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it.
FC_GIBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:17 AM   #60
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
I'm curious where you got that he beats you by .5 second. Your talking about the 1/4?I'm sure I'll get corrected but a stock l99 and ls3 can beat a charger. It's really a drivers race and an auto is gonna be easy to go down the track. A good tune on its own would give you a more responsive car, enough improvement to beat him

The cheapest way to 550 rwhp is a sc or turbo. You're not gonna get there with bolt ons

You can get to 475 with bolt ons quickly but a tune will be a must out of the gate.

Look at tl header, intake and a cam.

Depending how you do it and who installs parts you can add 75-100 rwhp fairly cheap and would crush him. Next I'd go with some suspension to keep the tires on the ground. Look and some trailing arms

Honestly you could spend $500 on headers, a few hundred on intake and $500 on a cam and be well ahead. Tune is gonna cost a few hundred more.
475 hp with bolt ons
Old 12-20-2013, 07:26 AM   #61
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
We got you covered on the tune side. We can take out the factory throttle lag, boost your torque throughout the midrange, and give you more peak horsepower, all in a 20 minute DIY computer flash. I'd recommend this as a start and also pulling one of your brothers spark plug wires as well...

http://store.pfadtracing.com/5th-gen...-pflash-cable/
That throttle lag needs someone to rape it, kill it, and chop it into pieces then throw it to the dogs

Many owners sold their cars because of this deadly virus that killed this muscle car ride compared to the rest
Old 12-20-2013, 03:47 PM   #62
bgallegos

Drives: 2013 1LE
Theres a shop in lubbock called Total engine servive they work on LS cars. Just an fyi.
bgallegos is offline   Reply With Quote