Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-30-2012, 03:05 AM   #1
MickeyD

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RS
Try to steal my Camaro will ya?!

This event completly blew my mind and it just might blow yours as well. So last night around 3:30 AM I step into the man cave/garage to get a beer out of the man fridge. I didn't turn the lights on and the house was rather dark as the friends and I were watching a movie. Out the corner of my eye I see a shadow hovering over my Camaro. I move closer to the garage door windows to investigate and what do a see? Some stupid asshole attempting to jimmy my driver side door open!

The garage door windows are tinted and at night you cant see in them so he couldn't see me watching him. I call the police right then and there and sat back watching and waiting. I guess its rather difficult to jimmy open the Camaro doors cause this idiot just was not getting the job done.

About 10 minutes into it the cops come screaming down the street which happens to be a closed off dead end road. The idiot takes off runing towards the dead end and is quickly tagged up by the 5-0. I go outside, tell the cops whats up and then the stream of lies start pouring out. First he said it wasn't him, then he said he was just looking, then he said he was... Oh you'll love this one... Cleaning it for me!

Point of the story is this. Man caves that include a man fridge have many uses. The most recent being it provides regularly scheduled trips to retrive more beer which leads to regularly scheduled check ups on my beautiful Camaro. I just added this one to the top 10 reasons of why men NEED a man cave. Thank me later!
MickeyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:11 AM   #2
jtlucas2511

Drives: Dodge 1500
I'm sure the cops were lol'ing at "I was cleaning it"

You shoulda remote started it from the garage :P
jtlucas2511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:16 AM   #3
MickeyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtlucas2511 View Post
You shoulda remote started it from the garage :P
Manual transmission, no remote start:upset: Besides, I wanted the asshole to get caught!
Old 01-30-2012, 03:35 AM   #4
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
Congrats on catching him! I hope no damage was done while he was trying to jimmy it open.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:48 AM   #5
LG_23

Drives: Camaro SS
Nice!!!
LG_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:49 AM   #6
MickeyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
Congrats on catching him! I hope no damage was done while he was trying to jimmy it open.
He tore up the tint a little which is no big deal. I did the tinting myself so I'll just redo it tomorrow.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:12 AM   #7
pincoin
Camaro owner since 1982

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS-RS Conv IBM L99
Good job getting the a-hole caught!
pincoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:27 AM   #8
napalm0666

Drives: 2012 Camaro EU version (V8)
I would rather go out myself, and make bastard pay for all other attempts done so far on any of my cars .
But I guess you just can't do it in US cause you might have trouble with a law yourself?
napalm0666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:32 AM   #9
InfernoOrangeSS
VERITAS AEQUITAS

Drives: 2012 IOM SS
Might that have been avoided if you used the garage as a garage and not a man-cave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Happiness is an IOM Camaro...
InfernoOrangeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:34 AM   #10
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TungstenGT View Post
Might that have been avoided if you used the garage as a garage and not a man-cave?

LOL I was thinking the same thing
Old 01-30-2012, 04:43 AM   #11
InfernoOrangeSS
VERITAS AEQUITAS

Drives: 2012 IOM SS
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPE View Post
LOL I was thinking the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Happiness is an IOM Camaro...
InfernoOrangeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:43 AM   #12
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Awesome. Man cave win.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:44 AM   #13
MickeyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TungstenGT View Post

The Camaro usually sits in the garage and enjoys the same perks of the garage/man cave that I do. But at the moment my Jeep is inside under going an engine rebuild. I think I'll just start posting my 130lbs Bull Mastif outside as an added anti-theft device.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:01 AM   #14
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyD View Post
This event completly blew my mind and it just might blow yours as well. So last night around 3:30 AM I step into the man cave/garage to get a beer out of the man fridge. I didn't turn the lights on and the house was rather dark as the friends and I were watching a movie. Out the corner of my eye I see a shadow hovering over my Camaro. I move closer to the garage door windows to investigate and what do a see? Some stupid asshole attempting to jimmy my driver side door open!

The garage door windows are tinted and at night you cant see in them so he couldn't see me watching him. I call the police right then and there and sat back watching and waiting. I guess its rather difficult to jimmy open the Camaro doors cause this idiot just was not getting the job done.

About 10 minutes into it the cops come screaming down the street which happens to be a closed off dead end road. The idiot takes off runing towards the dead end and is quickly tagged up by the 5-0. I go outside, tell the cops whats up and then the stream of lies start pouring out. First he said it wasn't him, then he said he was just looking, then he said he was... Oh you'll love this one... Cleaning it for me!

Point of the story is this. Man caves that include a man fridge have many uses. The most recent being it provides regularly scheduled trips to retrive more beer which leads to regularly scheduled check ups on my beautiful Camaro. I just added this one to the top 10 reasons of why men NEED a man cave. Thank me later!
WTF is a "man cave"? You had enough self control to watch him pry on your Camaro's door without doing anything to stop him? You are a better man than I. I am not idly speaking when I say this, he would have needed an ambulance too. I believe "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you" and also, if they do not, then react all out of proportion to the offence. I was at a friends house a few years back when a young man broke into my friends car and tried to ram it through the garage door. When he got out of the car, he got the beating that he deserved. He told the cop "they assaulted me". The cop started laughing.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote