Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 09-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #43
Lillarry

Drives: 2013 camaro 2ss/rs 1LE
I have a target production week of October 1, on my 1le with dual mode exhaust. My order was placed about 3 weeks ago. When I go to the tracking system on the gm website it says it's queued for production. Hopefully it won't be November before I get the thing, I'm already tired of waiting on it.
Lillarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:37 PM   #44
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEE View Post
That's for the vette though....

I want to see what it does for the Camaro (other than awesome sound).

I assume it would be close to the vettes increase though.... Maybe.
Oops. Missed the label on the header of Wiki page. My error.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:15 AM   #45
1LEE

Drives: 2007 Cobalt SS/SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Oops. Missed the label on the header of Wiki page. My error.
Haha, no problem man. It still gave some good info
Old 09-14-2012, 06:17 AM   #46
1LEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4z View Post
Electric power steering adds 5 hp on the 2013 Ram truck Hemi. And NPPwill prolly add 5-6 hp. So you should be able to feel it.

On The 1le the change in gearing will definitely make a difference in3rd and 4th gear acceleration.

With the tires the 1le has, the p/s ,NPP and gearing I would expect it to be.2 secs quicker
In the 1/4 then a 2012 SS.
This is a good estimate.

The electric power steering & gearing will probably be the biggest impact on that feel of "extra power".

Last edited by 1LEE; 09-14-2012 at 09:23 AM.
1LEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:54 AM   #47
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
1LE Not Showing on my Online Order

Hi there. I entered my order number in the GM tracker web site. I see my car but the 1LE package isn't listed. Is this a dealer mistake or is this how your orders look too? I do see the 2SS package.

The confirmation paperwork from the dealer does show 1LE but that was before they actually ordered with GM.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:18 AM   #48
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Um, I'd be very suspect on any wikipedia entries as solid and valid without a scholarly review. Just sayin.

I don't quote wikis unless I'm making fun of them.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:04 PM   #49
BRM1LE

Drives: Soon to be 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Hi there. I entered my order number in the GM tracker web site. I see my car but the 1LE package isn't listed. Is this a dealer mistake or is this how your orders look too? I do see the 2SS package.

The confirmation paperwork from the dealer does show 1LE but that was before they actually ordered with GM.

There is nothing on the tracker that specifically says 1LE. You can tell its the 1LE by the tire description and the transmission description.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #50
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRM1LE View Post
There is nothing on the tracker that specifically says 1LE. You can tell its the 1LE by the tire description and the transmission description.
I had a dog, and his name was BINGO!
Old 09-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #51
DavidW

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Vert Auto IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEE View Post
Update:

I went to my dealership yesterday, and sat down with a finance manager....

To clear up some rumors.... the 1LE is not a limited production car. They will be built to order. The only thing that "can" happen is if they run out of the wheels, vinyl wrap, transmissions, suspension parts, or anything unique to the 1LE. This would only cause a delay not a limit.

For the fun part, we built a 1LE to my liking.... 1SS, Vic Red, Dual Mode Exhaust, and it came to $36,091.00 invoice. The next step was to push the except button, and in 8-10 weeks (give or take), the 1LE would be built. Sadly, I need to wait a few more months :(

Seeing the invoice price got me thinking.... if the dual mode exhaust is proven at some point to only be a sound enhancement, and show no gains over the stock exhaust, I may just purchase a 1LE w/o it, and have an invoice price in the high 35k range. Not bad for everything this car offers.

We also took a look at my 2007 SS/SC for trade in, and in the current condition & mileage (mint condition, no winter driving, 46k) they offered me $11,100 (not bad).
Im pretty surprised you got that much for your ss/sc I thought cars were worth less down there i got 14.5k for my 10 SS/TC with 18k miles (30k km) which was right around what the canadian black book said I should get (our version of KBB up here but its only for trade ins)
DavidW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:54 PM   #52
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidW View Post
Im pretty surprised you got that much for your ss/sc I thought cars were worth less down there i got 14.5k for my 10 SS/TC with 18k miles (30k km) which was right around what the canadian black book said I should get (our version of KBB up here but its only for trade ins)
Got trade in quotes for my 315WHP/339WTQ TC'd 2009 white cobalt with a TON of shit done to it and only 25K miles:

One GM dealership offered $13,500
Another GM dealership offered $13,000

And a third offered me $11,000 "at most". LOL

KBB says my car in stock form for TRADE-IN is 14K for "very good" condition and it IS.

I literally emailed the 11K dealership back and I quote "You HAVE to be f*cking kidding me! KBB is THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS higher than you are. Way to try a screw over a Soldier. I understand you have a business to run but where are your morals and sense of fairness? We BOTH know what my car is realistically worth and we BOTH know what you're trying to do. Please do not respond and rest assured I will tell everyone I know to NOT deal with your dealership in any way!"

Old 09-14-2012, 01:09 PM   #53
1LEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidW View Post
My car looks as if I never drove it....

I think that's why I was offered top dollar for it's 07' build date.

Also, my car came fully loaded from the factory. A lot of those options helped

If I were to sell it private, Kelley Blue book quotes $12,500.

Now, if the dealership only knew how rare the supercharger I have on it is (1 of 7 GM Racing prototype).... Too bad they don't give money for modifications
Old 09-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #54
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
They are not even going to start production on them till October. There are a few with TPW for the last week of September but they would not leave the line till first of October.
If that's true, then there won't be time for much "Boss Bashing" as the current '13 Boss which started being assembled in February will be the end of the line for this car. Maybe it can bash it's replacement?

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote