Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 03-27-2007, 08:53 PM   #29
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSxcellent View Post
If you are using your Camaro to commute to work, then I agree, 245's would be more economical, but if you want to get out and let loose the Dogs of War, you'll need big shoes!

~LSx

Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:46 PM   #30
futh3rmukk3r

Drives: fast
CUSTOMIZATION QUESTION

Say i was going to put a 22 in the rear and a 20 in the front of my car. I wanted a 4 inch lip on my car, but when i go to order my symbolic wheels it says a 10 inch width, anyone know what the lip on that would be?
futh3rmukk3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:59 PM   #31
Moosen75

Drives: Junk til 2008
Send a message via AIM to Moosen75
I would like to get the concept rims in a gun metal color like in the pic above. Chevy has been good lately at putting nice rims on the vehicles from the factory or you can upgrade to something bigger/better depending on what you want.
Moosen75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:58 PM   #32
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Look at this for some hard evidence...

The Concepts tires got rave reviews(along with the rest of the car), so why change anything?

"Exactly", says GM, and so they meddle with the Zeta Chassis a little to allow for 21's without turning problems...An expensive change to turn around and put 18 or 19's on if you ask me...
Old 04-18-2007, 08:19 AM   #33
willisit

Drives: Vauxhall Monaro VXR
I've read a few things - but the concept supposedly has 22 inch wheels - and the Camaro has been designed to take up to 24 inches (front/back and with steering in mind).

Since Holden and putting 20s on their current range - I would expect the same. However, with options for larger (up to 22?). I'll take whatever I can get - but if they are small (and they'll look lost in those arches) I'll be budgeting to upgrade almost immediately. The concept is just too fine as it is not to have mine look the same
willisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:23 AM   #34
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by willisit View Post
I've read a few things - but the concept supposedly has 22 inch wheels - and the Camaro has been designed to take up to 24 inches (front/back and with steering in mind).

Since Holden and putting 20s on their current range - I would expect the same. However, with options for larger (up to 22?). I'll take whatever I can get - but if they are small (and they'll look lost in those arches) I'll be budgeting to upgrade almost immediately. The concept is just too fine as it is not to have mine look the same
Just the thought of 20" or larger wheels has my wallet screaming for help. I am thinking 18"s or 19"s for me.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:04 PM   #35
Bait8
Balance

Drives: A torque-less wonder.
Ride height.

Hello, I am a new Camaro5.com Register, yes...a noob so please do not give me a hard time. I am seriously considering waiting and purchasing one of these new Camaros when they are released. I love the way they look in these concept pictures and photos...but...one of the main reasons they look great to me is because they are very low in these pictures..lower ride height always adds more attractive and aggressive feelings in the visual sense of the car. I am worried though because the mustang originally had pictures that looked low as well, but then it came on the market and was lifted to SUV height like it is now. Very annoying, I know muscles cars are usually not super low but I really like the way it looks in the pics where the tire is almost RIGHT under the fender, no lame fender gaps. So, anyone here know anything about the height when actually released? Would save me money from buying springs.

Thank you in advance.
Bait8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:05 PM   #36
1bad67camaro
SKREW SALEEN

Drives: 1967 CAMARO
welcom bait8
Old 05-22-2007, 10:08 PM   #37
Bait8
Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad67camaro View Post
welcom bait8
thanks
Old 05-22-2007, 10:21 PM   #38
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Welcome Bait8

First, no reason to worry about abuse because you're a newbie. Everyone here is respectful, and a good group. Those that weren't didn't last long.

As for ride height; the rims on the concepts are larger than what will be offered on the production version. Consequently, on the production version, there will be more of a gap between the tire and fender. But I'm confident that it won't be that bad. I've also heard rumors that there may be the option of getting larger rims through the dealer.

Time will tell, but I'm certain we'll love what GM has done with the production version.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:21 PM   #39
stevenm357

Drives: 98 Trans am 00 Trans am 01 corvette
Welcome.
Don't be deceived because those are 22's out back and 21's in the front if i recall... some HUGE tires for a car.

Don't worry though a set of springs will be easily had and changed to give you any ride height you want for about $300 in parts.

2001 Corvette
Heads,Big cam, 4:11, Custom Exhaust, MGW Shifter Baer Eradispeed +2 2 pieces rotors, Hotchkiss swaybars. and a few other little things.

1998 Trans Am A4 ( was STS turbo until the turbo and oil pump died)

2000 WS6 Trans AM under the knife ( sadly turned into long term project.
stevenm357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 01:42 AM   #40
Bait8
Balance

Ok, well it sounds great anyways. Rims and lowering suspension mods are usually not to bad on the price. I really hope these cars come out great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Everyone here is respectful, and a good group.
hehe, I noticed. Everyone seems well informed about these cars here. I don't have a Camaro myself yet, but it will be my sports car when released. All I have is a daily driver now lol. I am very anxious to see what versions and styles of this car hit the market...I also hope they will be a thorn in the butt of the mustang...lol no offense to those that like them..I don't mind them.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:35 AM   #41
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
How ya doin, Bait8...nice to have you here. I'd say something about ride height, but they seemed to have covered it all!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:01 AM   #42
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Wasn't there a picture online some time ago that showed the silver concept in the presence of a 4th Gen? I remember it, but don't remember where to find it.

And the 5th Gen rode quite a bit higher than the 4th.

So if you're happy with the ride height of the 5th Gen, I doubt it'll get any higher. Possibly slightly lower.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote