Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Old 06-09-2011, 08:40 AM   #127
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4z View Post
Agreed. something in the gunmetal, competition grey would be better because, A: they would stand out more and B: it would match the black/dark grey plastic on the rockers and front fascia.
This, too. Initially - I wasn't really hot on the splitter, rocker, and diffuser finish, but seeing it on other cars in the segment snapped me out of it, and I think an option for different finishes on the wheels would be great. I like the pop of the chunkies, but like the urban-commando look of the SSX-style. Also, I think the darker finishes on the SSX-style would bring the script on the calipers out a little more. Anyways - I like these suggestions, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
lol @ "the chunkies"
They're like me, lol. That's why I need all that POWER Actually, to me, the SSX wheels look like the chunkies with windows cut into the spokes.

I have one of the Chevy Mall posters with the side shot and just stare into the beauty that are those wheels (along with the rest of the car, lol). GRR!!! Daydreaming at work is not good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
"CAMARO" is cut into the inner "lip" of the wheel between two spokes.

Will that do?
You know - it wasn't until after I posted that that I had seen those in other shots. I REALLY like it, but if it would work, I'd prefer ZL1 forged into them. It wouldn't look right, I'm afraid, though. Maybe a ZL1 center cap? I do like that touch, though, because it's subtle and ZL1 is all over the rest of the car. I wonder about adding a little color to the wheels and fill in the font with some read, like that found in "ZL1". Black or argent or gun metal with a little red high light?... I'm liking the Camaro in the face the more I think about it

Quote:
You doubt my word?? I'm shocked!!! :(

Butttt......cameraphone saves the day! (I had to REALLY dig this picture out...almost thought I lost it...)

(Naturally, "Actual Production Model may vary")

Attachment 250095

Attachment 250096
OOO!!! More pics'!!! I'm such a picture whore, lol. Thanks for sharing

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:53 AM   #128
Weezerj

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS -- 02 Escalade
I had not noticed the camaro in the face of the ssx wheel before and I really like it. I also agree with radz that to have ZL1 on the wheel with a little color would look sick as heck.

this is like getting all worked up for Christmas in June....only worse!
Weezerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:56 AM   #129
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezerj View Post
I had not noticed the camaro in the face of the ssx wheel before and I really like it. I also agree with radz that to have ZL1 on the wheel with a little color would look sick as heck.

One friggin' EXPENSIVE Christmas, LOL.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 06-09-2011, 11:53 AM   #130
Weezerj

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS -- 02 Escalade
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
One friggin' EXPENSIVE Christmas, LOL.
....only in February, not December

(and I'm sure the wife will get over it)
Weezerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:32 PM   #131
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
....only in February, not December

(and I'm sure the wife will get over it)
I have a few years of saving, LOL! I just have to figure out how to do that...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 06-09-2011, 04:37 PM   #132
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:

Good point on the Camaro vs ZL1 on the wheel.

Has it been mentioned that these SSX style wheels will be exclusive to the ZL1 or will they also be available with other models?

The Camaro inscription on the wheel makes me think these could be available outside of the ZL1. As much as I like the SSX wheel on the ZL1, I wouldn't like it being a non exclusive wheel.
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:10 PM   #133
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
Good point on the Camaro vs ZL1 on the wheel.

Has it been mentioned that these SSX style wheels will be exclusive to the ZL1 or will they also be available with other models?

The Camaro inscription on the wheel makes me think these could be available outside of the ZL1. As much as I like the SSX wheel on the ZL1, I wouldn't like it being a non exclusive wheel.
We'll have to wait and see on that one................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radz
I like the pop of the chunkies...SSX wheels look like the chunkies with windows cut into the spokes.
As if "garbage cans" wasn't enough....must we call the ZL1 wheels "chunkies"?

Anyways...I'm not yet sure if I'm willing to pay a premium for the SSX-style wheels. I like the standard ZL1 wheels quite a bit, and I think I might want to put that money towards interior goodies...or just flat out save it.

This will be an interesting few months here, as they release specs and pricing into the fall.......I'm so tired out for all this waiting. I can feel it nagging at me everytime I pass a dealership with a few SSs out front calling to me.......
Old 06-09-2011, 09:17 PM   #134
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Anyways...I'm not yet sure if I'm willing to pay a premium for the SSX-style wheels. I like the standard ZL1 wheels quite a bit, and I think I might want to put that money towards interior goodies...or just flat out save it.
What if the SSX -style wheels are a performance type wheel? Lighter etc etc.... Would they be worth it to you then? Seems to me anything on the SSX is geared towards performance....
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:21 PM   #135
Jcobra

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs M6
Someone needs to produce these damn things quickly.
Jcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:27 PM   #136
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
What if the SSX -style wheels are a performance type wheel? Lighter etc etc.... Would they be worth it to you then? Seems to me anything on the SSX is geared towards performance....
That's a great point. And one I've thought about, actually.

I'm POSITIVE they're geared towards performance. I'll bet they cut 5 lbs from each wheel AGAIN (on top of the standard ZL1 wheels savings versus the SS wheel).

But depending on cost (I don't expect them to be cheap at all) no, they wouldn't be worth it. Because my car will live on the streets, and only play at the track now and again. Given the ZL1 will perform amazingly out of the box, squeezing every ounce of performance out of it isn't a top priority for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcobra View Post
Someone needs to produce these damn things quickly.
With "Camaro" stamped in the wheel....I imagine there's only one group that can produce it...
Old 06-09-2011, 09:29 PM   #137
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
That's a great point. And one I've thought about, actually.

I'm POSITIVE they're geared towards performance. I'll bet they cut 5 lbs from each wheel AGAIN (on top of the standard ZL1 wheels savings versus the SS wheel).

But depending on cost (I don't expect them to be cheap at all) no, they wouldn't be worth it. Because my car will live on the streets, and only play at the track now and again. Given the ZL1 will perform amazingly out of the box, squeezing every ounce of performance out of it isn't a top priority for me.
I was just mentioning it in case you haven't thought of it...... I should have known better
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:30 PM   #138
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
I was just mentioning it in case you haven't thought of it...... I should have known better
HEY! You never know when I overlook something....actually, I'll tell you: A lot.

This car, though....has become something of an obsession...
Old 06-10-2011, 11:13 AM   #139
91Z28350

Drives: 2012 GT500 SVTPP 2010 Traverse LTZ
Quote:
HEY! You never know when I overlook something....actually, I'll tell you: A lot.

This car, though....has become something of an obsession...
See as time has gone on, I have actually begun to drift away from it, and the Camaro in general. Since, like you, my car purchase will be a weekend toy, and only VERY seldomly a track car, I put a premium on performance AND amenities. And amenities is where this car, as presented to us so far, falls down. Thus, the Corvette (and others) have begun to take over my obsessive side.
91Z28350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:31 PM   #140
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Z28350 View Post
See as time has gone on, I have actually begun to drift away from it, and the Camaro in general. Since, like you, my car purchase will be a weekend toy, and only VERY seldomly a track car, I put a premium on performance AND amenities. And amenities is where this car, as presented to us so far, falls down. Thus, the Corvette (and others) have begun to take over my obsessive side.
I'm curious what you mean...Camaro can be very well equipped. In some cases, better than the current Corvette.

My car will be a 3-season daily driver...not that it matters, just wanted to clarify.