Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-19-2008, 08:46 AM   #43
rgrizzard

Drives: Wanting New Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DZbob View Post
I am very offended that the media and many people seem to be blaming Union workers for the bad choices that the American auto industry has made. Under the current contract the big 3 UAW contract is very close to its foreign rivals. The American auto industry does not have the luxury of government backed research and development as does Japan, Korea and China. Many foreign nations building cars overseas have nationalized health plans and inferior wages that bring down the costs of foreign cars. Granted the foreign CEO’s do not have multi-million dollar contracts with multi-million dollar perks, they have regulations on how much the CEOs can make above and beyond the factory workers. Profits made in the USA from the foreign car makers go back to the country of origin. I think we all have to stand together and support things MADE IN THE USA or living the American dream might become a nightmare.:flag2:
Have'nt union workers gone on strike to strongarm American auto manufacturers into a lot of these decisions?

Also profits made by any car manufacturer go to the shareholders(which could be anybody on the globe).
rgrizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 08:52 AM   #44
rgrizzard

Drives: Wanting New Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Does that mean if I place an order and put in a down payment and they declare bankruptcy that they can cancel my order and not owe me the money?
That all depends on the judge running the bankruptcy proceedings, usually in the case with business-consumer issues they act to help the consumer.
rgrizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:18 AM   #45
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
I wonder did the reps, congreesman, etc really wrote those letters or did their secratarys wrote them instead considering that their busy people. T

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:36 AM   #46
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
I wonder did the reps, congreesman, etc really wrote those letters or did their secratarys wrote them instead considering that their busy people. T
Considering it took Clinton's "office" almost a month to respond; I HOPE she wrote it herself!