Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 07-01-2014, 08:49 AM   #57
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
Love the discussion and pics. Thanks for all of these replies.

Was looking at the trailing arms and toe rods.

What is the difference in the 3 and is one better suited for drag racing purposes?

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=p...d=77&catid=227

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=p...d=77&catid=226
Are you lowered? Are you going to try to get 17" rims on the rear? These are questions you will need to answer before you pick your setup.

The different bushings and bearings can change the amount of vibration/noise you feel/hear from the rear end. The stiffer the bushing, the more likely you are to get both, but they will hold the arms in place better.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:03 AM   #58
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Love the discussion and pics. Thanks for all of these replies.

Was looking at the trailing arms and toe rods.

What is the difference in the 3 and is one better suited for drag racing purposes?

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=p...d=77&catid=227

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=p...d=77&catid=226
Here's a good comparison write-up I did on the Toe Rods....

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=365127

I plan on doing the same for the Trailing Arms as soon as I can get my hands on a set of TCA027's to take a pictures of.

Without a doubt, the spherical bearings or rod ends will perform better than the poly bushings at the drag strip. But they also transmit more NVH than the poly bushings too. So, you need to make a conscious decision of what is more important to you....a quiet ride or all-out performance. I have the spherical bearings all over the back of my car, and I do street drive it 95% of the time. Yes, they can be a bit noisy and/or "clanky" at times, but they perform flawlessly....as long as they are maintained properly. NVH is very subjective to the user, some people are more sensitive to it than others. In my own case, it doesn't bother me.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:30 AM   #59
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
Are you lowered? Are you going to try to get 17" rims on the rear? These are questions you will need to answer before you pick your setup.

The different bushings and bearings can change the amount of vibration/noise you feel/hear from the rear end. The stiffer the bushing, the more likely you are to get both, but they will hold the arms in place better.
No I am not lowered nor do I plan to be.

Yes I will be going for the 17" weld setup....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Here's a good comparison write-up I did on the Toe Rods....

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=365127

I plan on doing the same for the Trailing Arms as soon as I can get my hands on a set of TCA027's to take a pictures of.

Without a doubt, the spherical bearings or rod ends will perform better than the poly bushings at the drag strip. But they also transmit more NVH than the poly bushings too. So, you need to make a conscious decision of what is more important to you....a quiet ride or all-out performance. I have the spherical bearings all over the back of my car, and I do street drive it 95% of the time. Yes, they can be a bit noisy and/or "clanky" at times, but they perform flawlessly....as long as they are maintained properly. NVH is very subjective to the user, some people are more sensitive to it than others. In my own case, it doesn't bother me.
After reading I don't think I want the up keep described for the spherical bearing ends.

How long does install take of the toe rods and trailing arms...for someone with experience doing so?

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:36 AM   #60
BMR Sales

Quote:
After reading I don't think I want the up keep described for the spherical bearing ends.

How long does install take of the toe rods and trailing arms...for someone with experience doing so?
They're pretty easy, I'd say probably an hour or two at most. You will need an alignment after you're done since the inner connection on the toe rod is an eccentric bolt.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:46 AM   #61
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
They're pretty easy, I'd say probably an hour or two at most. You will need an alignment after you're done since the inner connection on the toe rod is an eccentric bolt.
Thanks. What about the cradle bushings?

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 12:12 PM   #62
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Quote:
No I am not lowered nor do I plan to be.

Yes I will be going for the 17" weld setup....

You shouldn't have an issue then. Lowered cars have to use the round arms and even then some people still have to grind them for clearance issues.

A buddy is having issues with his coil overs (KWv3's) where the res is hitting the inside of his rim. Major pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-01-2014, 01:00 PM   #63
BMR Sales

Quote:
Thanks. What about the cradle bushings?
Cradle Bushings are another story....much more labor intensive. Traditionally, you have to drop the entire rear cradle out of the car, and cut through the OEM bushings with a sawzall in order to get them out. Or, I have heard of a few guys just lowering the cradle a couple inches and putting a big socket between the OEM bushing and the body of the car, and then heating up the cradle pockets with a propane torch. Once hot, jack the cradle back up against the car with the socket in position. Supposedly, the heat will loosen the adhesive holding the OEM bushings in place, and they will push out. I haven't tried this method myself, but it sounds like it should work pretty good....in theory!
Old 07-01-2014, 01:03 PM   #64
Rhino79

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99/Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Stock John View Post
Thanks for sharing, really interesting to see your car work in those pics. I've seen pics of Ronnie Hackleton's car and his car squats like crazy too, more than I'm used to. I guess I need to re-shape my thinking on that.

Viking or QA1 released adjustable shocks for the front yet?
Ronnie Hackelton is sporting Santhuffs coilovers front and rear. Shahan did a good job dialing that suspension in. I think it'd hook on a gravel road.
Rhino79 is offline   Reply With Quote