Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-19-2010, 09:04 AM   #29
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
2010 JD Power Initial Quality Survey

#4 Lexus: 88 problems/100 vehicles
#20 Scion: 114 problems/100 vehicles
#21 Toyota: 117 problems/100 vehicles
Industry Average: 109 problems/100 vehicles
This is so awesome - Toyota is BEHIND Scion in quality and Scion was supposed to be the crap line of their vehicles...
Old 06-19-2010, 09:55 AM   #30
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Some information missing from the initial post, here...

From www.jdpower.com :

Assembly Plant Awards

•The Daimler assembly plant in East London, South Africa, receives the Platinum Plant Quality Award for producing vehicles yielding the fewest defects and malfunctions worldwide. Averaging 28 PP100, the plant produces the Mercedes-Benz C-Class.
•Among North and South American plants, the Toyota Motor Company plant in Cambridge South, Ontario, which produces the Lexus RX 350, receives the Gold Plant Quality Award for North/South America.
•In the Asia Pacific region, Toyota Motor Company’s Kyushu 2, Japan plant, which produces the Lexus ES, IS and RX, receives the Gold Plant Quality Award for Asia Pacific.

Did you know, in the month of May/10 in Canada, the Lexus RX350, all by itself, outsold ALL OF CADILLAC COMBINED, including the vaunted SRX? With NO Fleet sales...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:10 PM   #31
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
This is so awesome - Toyota is BEHIND Scion in quality and Scion was supposed to be the crap line of their vehicles...
Old 06-20-2010, 09:10 PM   #32
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
I wish I had seen that earlier!!
Old 06-20-2010, 09:27 PM   #33
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepWarz View Post
No worse than Apples propaganda.
Heh. And I'd never spend my money on either a toyota product or an apple product.
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:39 AM   #34
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
I wont even take a free apple product =p
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:03 AM   #35
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Some information missing from the initial post, here...

From www.jdpower.com :

Assembly Plant Awards

•The Daimler assembly plant in East London, South Africa, receives the Platinum Plant Quality Award for producing vehicles yielding the fewest defects and malfunctions worldwide. Averaging 28 PP100, the plant produces the Mercedes-Benz C-Class.
•Among North and South American plants, the Toyota Motor Company plant in Cambridge South, Ontario, which produces the Lexus RX 350, receives the Gold Plant Quality Award for North/South America.
•In the Asia Pacific region, Toyota Motor Company’s Kyushu 2, Japan plant, which produces the Lexus ES, IS and RX, receives the Gold Plant Quality Award for Asia Pacific.

Did you know, in the month of May/10 in Canada, the Lexus RX350, all by itself, outsold ALL OF CADILLAC COMBINED, including the vaunted SRX? With NO Fleet sales...
This thread isn't about "assembly plant awards". This thread is about the hipocrisy of toyota and their media blitz telling the public how much time and effort they are spending on "safety". Get a clue. Toyota's brand is tarnished, and if you want to defend these lying bastards, that is your choice...an idiotic one, but still, your choice. By the way, the drilling rig in the Gulf of Mexico that exploded and caused what is now the worst oil spill in history, was about to be "awarded" for a great safe track record right before this disaster occurred. Ironic? Maybe. I say the clowns in charge of such "awards" were not doing their job...kinda like toyota's oversight of safety. However, toyota decided to lie to the public after problems started, hence the outrage...except from folks with toyota blinders on...like yourself.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:34 AM   #36
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Since you want to sight the Study, why not show the graph...

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/2010-c...s-iqs-out.html

It's a "safe" bet the headline, in the face of ALL GM Divisions being "Below Industry Average", should read, "ONE of the Detroit 3 is gaining..."
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:50 AM   #37
shevyman

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
hahaha i think this is funny.

when i see that commercial it means nothing to me. but i can see it pisses off alot of people.
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote