Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-09-2007, 10:47 PM   #43
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by acscamarochick06 View Post
I just saw a commercial for the new Nissan Altima... It has the Push Button start and it looks pretty neat!

I was just going to comment on the Nissan Altima commercial. I saw it too and not only does the push button start look pretty cool, but the car itself isn't all that bad. Yeah...that's the kind of start I want in my Maro too!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:11 PM   #44
Other Side

Drives: 2000 Camaro Z28
There is a switch on the concept that looks like it could be an ignition switch. The symbol next to it looks similar to the one on the Altima. I think it may be an option.
The interesting thing is I can't seem to find a keyhole anywhere, so it may be the keyless entry system where you just have to be in the car with the key to start it.

I am concerned with the radioactive symbol though. Makes me wonder what the hell kind of ignition the Camaro has.
Attached Images

Other Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:41 PM   #45
Angry Irishman

Drives: Ford Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Side View Post
There is a switch on the concept that looks like it could be an ignition switch. The symbol next to it looks similar to the one on the Altima. I think it may be an option.
The interesting thing is I can't seem to find a keyhole anywhere, so it may be the keyless entry system where you just have to be in the car with the key to start it.

I am concerned with the radioactive symbol though. Makes me wonder what the hell kind of ignition the Camaro has.
I saw a video of the convertible test drive and the car was started using this switch. See it here: http://videos.camaroz28.com/video/54...3a00e6b959.htm

Last edited by Angry Irishman; 07-11-2007 at 05:19 PM.
Angry Irishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:56 PM   #46
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
Maybe they can do something like on the BMW's where you plug the whole key fob into a slot until it clicks in and then that turns the car to "on". Then you hold the start button until it starts. I dont remember if that is exactly how it works but i know you plug the fob in at least.
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:00 AM   #47
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Remeber...it's a concept! There's no need for a key, this thing is kept under such a strict guard - probably more-so than the president! Notice there are no keyholes in the doors? So the switch could be one of two things: A PEEK at what the production ignition would look like, or a simple solution to a concept problem: where's the keys?

I like that radioactive comment That's what I thought, too. then I thought, maybe it's a poor depiction of the flywheel?, either way, I can imagine a huge explosion sound everytime the car starts...that'll scare the sh** out of the racer next to you!!
Old 07-10-2007, 12:24 AM   #48
Other Side

Right... Didn't think about the no need for a key thing. You'd probably be tranquilized by the time you got your hand on the car (no need for blood on it).
Just got a bit overexcited. There are a lot of simpler things the concept doesn't have a production one would, like cup holders.
I do know that there are cars (usually luxury ones like BMW or Mercedes) that offer a very cool system where a key just needs to be nearby. Which, as someone said earlier, would be very good for a quick escape.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:48 AM   #49
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Side View Post
Right... Didn't think about the no need for a key thing. You'd probably be tranquilized by the time you got your hand on the car (no need for blood on it).
Just got a bit overexcited. There are a lot of simpler things the concept doesn't have a production one would, like cup holders.
"no need for blood..." see what I mean?

I'm not putting down the availability of a switch ignition, just that this IS a concept car still, emergency brake in the trunk...hmmm?

And, I'm not familiar with the interiors of ALL of the generations, but how many Camaro's ever had cupholders? I'd bet none, and my '79 definitely doesn't!
Old 07-10-2007, 02:05 AM   #50
Other Side

Honestly, I couldn't tell you about the cup holder. I just happened to notice the lack of them in the Camaro. I will say that most cars these days do have them though, so I wouldn't doubt that they add them in.

I personally could care less if they add them or not. I certainly do hope that they change where the e-brake is though.

Sorry if I come across as slightly inexperienced when it comes to the idea of concept cars or Camaros, I haven't followed a concept car until now and have yet to have the joy of owning a Camaro. I've lived a sheltered life.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:10 AM   #51
marczsport
GM Forever!

Drives: 06' Envoy ; 05' Impala
Send a message via AIM to marczsport
The 4th Gen (at least my 01' SS) had two cup holders that I can recall: one in the center console, one that swung out towards the passenger from the front of the center console. I"m having a difficult time remembering, as I never let anyone eat or drink in that car- a trend that I plan on continuing with my 09'!!
marczsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:07 AM   #52
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
"no need for blood..." see what I mean?

I'm not putting down the availability of a switch ignition, just that this IS a concept car still, emergency brake in the trunk...hmmm?

And, I'm not familiar with the interiors of ALL of the generations, but how many Camaro's ever had cupholders? I'd bet none, and my '79 definitely doesn't!

4th Gen's had 2 cupholders for the front passengers. 3rd had none that I remember.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:21 AM   #53
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
There are also 2 cup holders on the back of the center console for the lucky S.O.B's that can fit in the back seat!
Old 07-10-2007, 11:03 AM   #54
Mr. Wyndham

Yeah, see i didn't know that. So cup holders could be definitley possible...but like marczsport said...they'll never be used if they are in there.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:03 PM   #55
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Thats one other reason I love my car...When a bunch of people try to hitch rides all I have to say is "ohhh there isn't enough room! Sorry!" Muahaha!
Old 07-10-2007, 01:10 PM   #56
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
They should make the "2-seater with 2 persons = carpool lane" rule apply to the 5th gen. I'm 6'5". There's absolutely positively NO WAY someone can sit behind me.