Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: Pay for the performance?
Yet, whatever it takes to beat the GT500. 107 70.39%
No, I want this car to be cheap as possible, but remain competitive. 45 29.61%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2010, 06:52 PM   #99
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleestack View Post
The TR-6060 in the camaro is the same model number as the high horsepower cars, but it is not identical. Likely an easy fix when GM designs the Z28, ,or even before that.

"Both the standard Corvette and the high-performance Z06 use the TR6060 designated as MM6, which is validated to 500 lb-ft of torque, while the TR6060 with the Z51 option features higher ratios and is designated as MZ6. It is validated to 430 lb-ft of torque. The ultra high performance ZR1 uses the TR6060 designated as the MH3, which is validated to 650 lb-ft of torque. The CTSv uses the MG9 version of the TR6060 validated to 560 lb-ft of torque. The Camaro uses the M10 gear set validated to 430 lb-ft of torque."
Thats weird, i dont see why they dont just use the crate-versions then since they're rated higher than that anyways, and the T6-Magnum sounds about the same as the MH3, i wonder if it actually is the same thing, but i dunno, ive always heard the clutch was a little touchy on the Camaros but now i guess there's more too it haha
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:53 PM   #100
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
Whats goin wrong with it?
It broke the tail shaft. I not going to lie. I did drop the hammer on it but really this car is suppose to take it. I did the same thing in the same spot not more then an hour before in my GT500 and didn't break anything.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:01 PM   #101
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
It broke the tail shaft. I not going to lie. I did drop the hammer on it but really this car is suppose to take it.
What does "drop the hammer" mean in this instance?.....The car was built to survive the roughest of conditions...but it's not surprising if it breaks under abuse.....
Old 03-01-2010, 07:17 PM   #102
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
What does "drop the hammer" mean in this instance?.....The car was built to survive the roughest of conditions...but it's not surprising if it breaks under abuse.....
Well, it's like I said in another thread when someone asked me about it. I just had my GT500 out with my dad and went to our normal dead end spot to practice launching( we both drag race). I made a couple of hard starts(no different than starting at the tree) with the GT500 and then we went home to get the SS to do a comparison test at the same place. The first time I left the stop it made a loud noise and that was it. We got to walk home because we forgot our cell phones at the house. I guess what I'm saying is I guess I won't be able to take this car to the drags this summer if you can't do a normal launch. I not trying to start anything ,but the GT500 is 114 more HP and is a little heavier and it launched without breaking. Although I will say I had a hard time getting the GT500 to hook so it really wasn't putting all that power down instantly. Maybe the camaro gets to much bite. I love my camaro and hope they get it fixed so that it will hold up, but I really think they need to beef up the transmission a little.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:15 PM   #103
Vega

Quote:
Well, it's like I said in another thread when someone asked me about it. I just had my GT500 out with my dad and went to our normal dead end spot to practice launching( we both drag race). I made a couple of hard starts(no different than starting at the tree) with the GT500 and then we went home to get the SS to do a comparison test at the same place. The first time I left the stop it made a loud noise and that was it. We got to walk home because we forgot our cell phones at the house. I guess what I'm saying is I guess I won't be able to take this car to the drags this summer if you can't do a normal launch. I not trying to start anything ,but the GT500 is 114 more HP and is a little heavier and it launched without breaking. Although I will say I had a hard time getting the GT500 to hook so it really wasn't putting all that power down instantly. Maybe the camaro gets to much bite. I love my camaro and hope they get it fixed so that it will hold up, but I really think they need to beef up the transmission a little.

Haha, well hey im not gonna gripe, if it broke thats lame but hey at least you were driving it the way the car is MEANT to be drivin instead of prissy-ing around town 5-under the speed limit LOL those people annoy me, i give definate kudos to people who arent afraid to drive their car the way it was meant to be drivin =P

What i would do if i were you though (and what ive been waiting for someone to do) maybe try swapping that IRS with a 12-bolt Moser rear, then see how that thing does at the track haha
Old 03-01-2010, 08:19 PM   #104
coolman

Quote:
Haha, well hey im not gonna gripe, if it broke thats lame but hey at least you were driving it the way the car is MEANT to be drivin instead of prissy-ing around town 5-under the speed limit LOL those people annoy me, i give definate kudos to people who arent afraid to drive their car the way it was meant to be drivin =P
What I like is when someone comes on here claiming to break something like a transmission or an axle and says" I pulled out slow for the stop when" or " I was just driving normal, really". I have a great dealership that I use and they didn't give me any crap about it either. I'm sure they'll get it back on the road ,but I will just leave the horsing around to the GT500 now that I know the limits to this cars drivetrain.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:25 PM   #105
91Z28350

Drives: 2012 GT500 SVTPP 2010 Traverse LTZ
I really hope that GM does make a Z28/ZL1 whatever Camaro that can keep up or possibly better the GT500. Not because I hate Ford or Mustangs, actually because I think the GT500 is a wonderfully executed car; for that matter, I wish Dodge was in a position to come to the party with a Ultra High HP Challenger.
Competition makes all these cars better, and just as importantly keeps jobs going here and north of the border. I admit, looking at the specs on the '11 GT500 has me sorely tempted. I hope Chevrolet announces something soon. It wouldn't be my first 'Stang, but I would really like to have an all around supercar clad in Camaro Sheetmetal.
91Z28350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:27 PM   #106
Vega

Quote:
What I like is when someone comes on here claiming to break something like a transmission or an axle and says" I pulled out slow for the stop when" or " I was just driving normal, really". I have a great dealership that I use and they didn't give me any crap about it either. I'm sure they'll get it back on the road ,but I will just leave the horsing around to the GT500 now that I know the limits to this cars drivetrain.
haha yeah, thats kinda sad id love to see the Camaro out there rompin around, but its not worth the risk so yeah i see where you're comin from. Maybe if you can get the transmission stengthened or somethin to make sure it doesnt happen again, but til then, a supercharged 540hp Snake will do just fine haha
Old 03-01-2010, 08:28 PM   #107
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Z28350 View Post
I really hope that GM does make a Z28/ZL1 whatever Camaro that can keep up or possibly better the GT500. Not because I hate Ford or Mustangs, actually because I think the GT500 is a wonderfully executed car; for that matter, I wish Dodge was in a position to come to the party with a Ultra High HP Challenger.
Competition makes all these cars better, and just as importantly keeps jobs going here and north of the border. I admit, looking at the specs on the '11 GT500 has me sorely tempted. I hope Chevrolet announces something soon. It wouldn't be my first 'Stang, but I would really like to have an all around supercar clad in Camaro Sheetmetal.
It's coming. GM has it in the works for sure ,and it will be a great car. If you really want the Z/28 I would wait.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:39 PM   #108
Vega

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Z28350 View Post
Man I wish GM would wise-up and start making 2010-69' Camaros haha, like if you want you can buy a brand new 1969 Camaro with all 2010 Camaro technology and drivetrain and all, but from the outside or interior it all looks stock 69' that'd be an amazing marketing strategy for sure, idk how well it would work though with all the new regulations they have, theyd have to incorporate airbags into the design and exhaust and all, unless they could actually get them designated as 1969 cars like the aftermarket companies do, then itd be perfect! haha

Also i had a good idea for Dodge, they need to make the Challenger its own platform already so they can get away from that massive Charger platform, its just rediculously large for a 2-door sports car, but as for the drivetrain they need to drop the 6.2 from the SRT down to the R/T so the R/T is finally competitive with other similar trims like SS and GT, and then for the SRT they need to either drop the new 392 Crate (monster 500+ horsepower N/A Hemi which personally i LOVE, im not a fan of forced induction myself haha) orrr they could take a que from their SRT10 concept and put the friggin monster Viper V10 in the top line SRT Challenger =D either or would work beautifully, and that is why i need to work for Dodge making them competitive again in the muscle car wars >=} hahaha
Old 03-01-2010, 08:42 PM   #109
coolman

Quote:

Also i had a good idea for Dodge, they need to make the Challenger its own platform already so they can get away from that massive Charger platform, its just rediculously large for a 2-door sports car, but as for the drivetrain they need to drop the 6.2 from the SRT down to the R/T so the R/T is finally competitive with other similar trims like SS and GT, and then for the SRT they need to either drop the new 392 Crate (monster 500+ horsepower N/A Hemi which personally i LOVE, im not a fan of forced induction myself haha) orrr they could take a que from their SRT10 concept and put the friggin monster Viper V10 in the top line SRT Challenger =D either or would work beautifully, and that is why i need to work for Dodge making them competitive again in the muscle car wars >=} hahaha
Old 03-01-2010, 08:49 PM   #110
Vega

Quote:
xD

Yeah, yeah...not a lot of love for Mopar i guess, LOL, i love the new Challengers myself, they look amazing, i just hate how they're under-powered and not competitive performance-wise, im not a fan of the Charger at all though, but luckily they're supposed to be redesigning it to more accuratly represent the whole retro theme, so it should be pretty awsome when its done...hopefully at least

In muscle car wars, the more the marrier!
Old 03-01-2010, 08:52 PM   #111
coolman

Quote:
xD

Yeah, yeah...not a lot of love for Mopar i guess, LOL, i love the new Challengers myself, they look amazing, i just hate how they're under-powered and not competitive performance-wise, im not a fan of the Charger at all though, but luckily they're supposed to be redesigning it to more accuratly represent the whole retro theme, so it should be pretty awsome when its done...hopefully at least

In muscle car wars, the more the marrier!
I'm with you. I love the challenger also ,but I just couldn't get past that it felt just like the 300c I was trading in. The interior was even alike.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:00 PM   #112
Vega

Quote:
I'm with you. I love the challenger also ,but I just couldn't get past that it felt just like the 300c I was trading in. The interior was even alike.
yeaahhh i can agree with you on that i do wish they would have done something unique with the interior, although on an interesting note Mopars have always had really really similar interiors anyways even since the original muscle car era, and if you compare the original Challenger's interior to the new one they actually seem strikingly similar...but still after all that i wish they would have been more unique with it, like in the concept, the concept had a pretty cool interior i thought, so that and the weak drivetrain, itd be a cool cruiser but it wouldnt be my first choice as a performance car

By the waayy, is that just an avatar or do you really have a Mad Max replica car? hahaha