Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-02-2016, 08:11 AM   #15
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
getting in and out with recaros looks a nightmare if your a porker
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 08:24 AM   #16
Backspin9

Drives: The red one
I looked at putting Recaro's in my car and doing the front and back would be over $4k. Mine is a DD and reading the comments here it probably isn't a good idea. I'm not even sure I'd want to change over to factory leather, either.

I've had leather in cars before and my main complaint is that after a while they get a little cracked and faded no matter how well you take care of them. If my car had come with leather it would have been fine, but I do like the cloth seats for all practical purposes.
Backspin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 09:14 AM   #17
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Some comments on here are to me, best 2K that I ever spent. I'm 6'1'' and 214 pounds. I ordered them for my DD which now has over 22K miles and they are awesome for me. I have taken trips with my wife and she said that she was very comfortable. She gets panic attacks on the highway very easily and prefers taking trips in my car as opposed to her '09 Ford Escape. I didn't expect that at all. Not to long ago I had some back pain and these seats felt awesome and even better when I turned the seat warmer on. Felt so good, I hit the interstate and just drove. I hit .98 G's on a ramp the other day and the seat kept me in place. I feel lucky to have Recaro's.

My wife just came by my desk and saw this thread. She said the seats make her feel safe and comfortable. Do they make Recaro's for an Escape? May have to look into that!

Last edited by Ragnar; 04-02-2016 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Wife just came by my desk and made a comment.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 09:20 AM   #18
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
Old 04-02-2016, 09:22 AM   #19
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Recaro's are only $2K. Against a $40K price tag? mouse nuts.
I liked the stock SS seats but ended up getting recaros in my 1LE, they're amazing.
Yeah, if you're a big fat fattie, lots of things are going to be tough, I'd be more worried about getting a girlfriend than getting in and out of my car. Or having a heart attack.
They hold you in place extremely well and are very comfortable.
If you have them and don't like them, then by all means, pull them out and burn them in your driveway and bolt in a kitchen chair.
If you've never had them, then you don't know what the difference is and it simply doesn't matter.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 09:51 AM   #20
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
The Recaro side bolsters are much higher and sharper angle in contour compared to the 2SS Leather stock seats. For me ... the Recaro is a little more comfortable in regular driving and then excellent for the twistys. The headrest looks like is held on by vertebrae. I like the ports in shoulder area for racing harness.
The Recaro leather work is a big step up in fit and finish, and look real nice in the Camaro. Unfortunately none available during the year-end special when I bought my car.

Here is info from the manufacturer's website:

"Product information
Cover Material: Black Leather Suede with Black Suede Inserts – contrasting stitching varies by model.
Is offered as: Special equipment.
Features: Electrical backrest adjustment, electrical height adjustment, seat heating, integrated head support, aggressive Shoulder and Thigh Bolstering.
Distribution: North America, Europe.
Learn more: The optional RECARO performance seats designed for the Chevrolet Camaro 1SS model are an eye catching and functional addition to the Camaro. The sporty design adds interest to the cockpit of the car and the performance features including aggressive thigh and shoulder bolstering and gripping suede inserts keep you planted for the control needed to handle the unbridled power of the car and responsive steering. RECARO ergonomics and available power adjustments ensure the seats round out the design providing the ultimate in comfort. "

There are Z28, SS, 1LE and no Logo versions available. The Z28 version is lighter and has manual adjustments.
Ron
2014 2SS/RS, Z28 CAI and High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 5.1:1 Ratio Short-Throw Shifter, ZL1 Pedals, ZL1 splash guards, NPP Dual-mode quad tip exhaust, Z28 strut tower brace, Camaro LED Cup-holders with footwell Lighting option, Leather visors, and Leather E-brake boot. Chevy dealer sponsored 67 retro SS nose stripe package.

Last edited by ron123; 04-02-2016 at 10:01 AM.
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 12:15 PM   #21
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
I've had both, and love the Recaros. They are functional when I track the car. Don't think anyone would argue otherwise compared to the stock buckets. I've taken a few long trips in them (1000 miles +), and my SOTP feel is just fine. Lastly, I think they look great. To each his own. If you're Camaro didn't come with them, I get they can be expensive. There are other options that are better than the OEM buckets.
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 04:37 PM   #22
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
How insensitive!! It's horizontally gifted!
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 07:05 PM   #23
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
Recaro's are only $2K. Against a $40K price tag? mouse nuts.
I liked the stock SS seats but ended up getting recaros in my 1LE, they're amazing.
Yeah, if you're a big fat fattie, lots of things are going to be tough, I'd be more worried about getting a girlfriend than getting in and out of my car. Or having a heart attack.
They hold you in place extremely well and are very comfortable.
If you have them and don't like them, then by all means, pull them out and burn them in your driveway and bolt in a kitchen chair.
If you've never had them, then you don't know what the difference is and it simply doesn't matter.
So..... how goes the hunt for the gf?
Old 04-02-2016, 08:08 PM   #24
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I'd like to have one for the drivers side just for track events....
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 11:37 PM   #25
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
My first track day in my 2010 SS the track turned from concrete to asphalt in a right hand turn. The transition between the two surfaces is very rough, so rough that exiting that turn at 85-90mph the side of my body was pinned to the door, my hands were trying to pull me into my seat instead of steer the car, and I was pushing my head into the headliner just to keep my body in place. I have Recaro seats now and I don't move an inch. To be honest the 1LE and recaros are the only two options I can't live without.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 04:40 AM   #26
Dave@Sturgiscamarorally

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS
For a DD no big deal. For track they are great from what I read. I had Corbeaus in my Trans Am and loved them. Key is buy the right seat for you.

The nice thing about the Recaros is that it works with everything in the car. i.e. airbags, brackets etc. Other aftermarket seats will not have all the comforts of a OEM seat.
Old 04-03-2016, 07:09 AM   #27
69L48Z27

Drives: 2015 Z/28; 1969 Camaro SS
No choice here. That being said, I shopped for a 1LE and ZL1 before the Z and Recaros were important no matter which car it was.

Did you see Leno pulled the Recaros out of his GT350R?
69L48Z27 is offline   Reply With Quote