Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-31-2009, 09:31 PM   #15
GM4lyfe
A GM nut-swinger!

Drives: A Car
Nice. Like to hear it.
GM4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:46 PM   #16
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Old 05-31-2009, 11:25 PM   #17
PoleCat2SSRS2010
R6P Marketing Lab Rat

Drives: sometimes
Tom,
Thanks for being here and providing your input. I like your product.
This is premature but is there a set for the LS7 in the 2010 Camaro?
I am planning on a thorough elimination of the VVT and AFM and the cost advantage comes with a complete engine change.
(just so everyone is aware, my physical disability limits me to only automatic transmission cars)
Old 06-01-2009, 09:41 AM   #18
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoleCat2SSRS2010 View Post
Tom,
I am planning on a thorough elimination of the VVT and AFM and the cost advantage comes with a complete engine change.
(just so everyone is aware, my physical disability limits me to only automatic transmission cars)
I could see getting rid of the AFM system, but I think you may be surprised what can be done with the VVT system in terms of bigger cams while maintaining better driveability. Not that there is anything wrong with an LS7 swap, but I would keep my eye on the possibilities with the VVT system.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:50 AM   #19
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Tom,

Thanks for taking the time to inform us. One of the reasons you all are among the best in the business.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:43 AM   #20
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhawk View Post
I could see getting rid of the AFM system, but I think you may be surprised what can be done with the VVT system in terms of bigger cams while maintaining better driveability. Not that there is anything wrong with an LS7 swap, but I would keep my eye on the possibilities with the VVT system.
This is very thrue, Comp has made some impressive gaims on VVT engines and I am waiting anxiuously to see what some what our vendors can do for the L99. Can you imagine a 427 L99? Delete AFM and upgrade the valvetrain to the LS but keep the VVT.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:48 AM   #21
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
If possible, can we get tests between the different sizes that you('ll) offer in the future? It'd be nice to see what the influence the primaries will have on the curve and ultimate power output.

Thanks for posting OH - MORE PICS' PLEASE

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:49 AM   #22
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
This is very thrue, Comp has made some impressive gaims on VVT engines and I am waiting anxiuously to see what some what our vendors can do for the L99. Can you imagine a 427 L99? Delete AFM and upgrade the valvetrain to the LS but keep the VVT.
Yeah - I just read an article a few months ago about a 500 horse' L92 that was stock, except for the cam, springs, and maybe the pushrods. The VVT was still working to my recollection too. THAT's - pretty cool

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:02 PM   #23
Gary B

Drives: Subaru
LOVE a good cam sound!!
Old 06-01-2009, 06:27 PM   #24
PoleCat2SSRS2010
R6P Marketing Lab Rat

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhawk View Post
I understand where you are coming from.
As far as VVT from GM, it is not the only tool in the hot rodders box of tricks to get the same effect or better.............just so you know.

Be it so known that this is not going to be any traditional LS7 swap. I just got off the phone and ordered an LSX std deck block and a set of LS7 bare heads.

Beside, the L99 VVT and AFM may eventually replace the 120K mile LM7 (5.3 Vortec) in my truck too...if only I can figure out how to get the ECM to work in it.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:47 PM   #25
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Tom,
Hi i called ARH on Friday and asked the same "?".
But i want to put in LSX 454 in the car and found out that the headers will fit, The only thing is the LS7 heads are D shape and the LS3 are round shape, Hope that helps.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:18 PM   #26
Tom@ARH

Drives: 2003 Corvette ZO6
Quote:
Tom,
It should'nt be a problem as long as the deck height of the new setup is the same it should only be a flange swap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Tom,

Thanks for taking the time to inform us. One of the reasons you all are among the best in the business.

Thanks thats very nice to hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
If possible, can we get tests between the different sizes that you('ll) offer in the future? It'd be nice to see what the influence the primaries will have on the curve and ultimate power output.

Thanks for posting OH - MORE PICS' PLEASE
Honestly I don't see us doing it there will be tons of feedback as the cars become more available and more modding goes on. We don't do tons of installs in the shop. We do some but most of the Car work going on is custom stuff like twin turbo systems for outlaw drag cars to custom stuff for high end street machines doing the Hot Rod power tour. And we don't have our own dyno. Trust me the numbers will be coming it will just take a little time. We were throwing the idea around about doing headers for the V6's
Tom@ARH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:24 PM   #27
o2camaross

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS & 04 silvy
Tom, is there any news on when we can order a set and when will we know picing? Thanks
o2camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:46 PM   #28
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Drives: 97 c1500/92 olds
those look amazing

great job
Gentry78 is offline   Reply With Quote