Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-19-2013, 12:06 PM   #85
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Norris View Post
We just picked up our shop 1LE this past weekend and got the baseline just a few moments ago. The SAE numbers were 387/390. Not bad for 34 miles It does have NPP also.

Mike Norris
Those are kick ass numbers!! Sure to rise a few being around that shop!

tramtwo posted this on the go
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #86
TripleT
TripleT

Drives: 2013 1LE 1SS
I have an appt. on feb 2 at PCM. I have CAI and NPP, will posted results for all the 1LE crew.
TripleT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:07 PM   #87
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Ok lets do some number adding and then you can yell at me.

CAI which some or all of high HP cars have could give +6
NPP Exhaust on Vette is known to give +6 so it could be true here
Electric power steering has been said to be +5

So right there we have a possible 17 HP gain

Stock LS3 is around 385 so 385+17=402

I could be totally freaking wrong but would love to see a 2013 LS3 with NPP on a dyno.

It would be cool these #'s are right since I have all that on my Kami. As far as my breaking I stayed under 4K first 400 miles and under 5K the next 1000 miles.
i wanna get you and others to start looking at the whole picture better. stay far away from ricer math, but instead look at not only 1le Ls3s but other ls3 engines are putting down with mods. over the years

i put down 415WHP with long tube headers, intake, cat back exhaust dyno tune. i currently put down more with a cam. but back to point. shop dynos were livernois motorsports and vector motorsports. known shops that are also here on the forums.

most people with those mods put around 410-420WHP. thats usually the number camaro LS3 owners put down. i have been here for a few years now i have seen a lot of threads. even look at what JRE street package puts down on his site.

now think to your self, can a stock LS3 really put down 400WHP, only 10-20WHP less than cars with headers, intake, tune. its highly unlikely

the number one problem i see on forums is there are to many uncorrected dyno numbers that most of the time come from less known shops. and you have WAY to many people using ricer math to calculated there WHP.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:21 PM   #88
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
Chassis dyno data is only good for delta comparisons of pre and post modification power. You CANNOT make accurate projections to flywheel HP due to the extreme variability with chassis dynes.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:29 PM   #89
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Trust me, no matter how many times you explain it nobody gets it. I hate these dyno threads.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:09 AM   #90
tramtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
Trust me, no matter how many times you explain it nobody gets it. I hate these dyno threads.
Hate'em? Nobody? What format would you use to discuss? "These damn new owners learning about the stuff I already know, and on a forum of all places! Next thing they'll be posting asking sponsors for price quotes and performance options... options I already know about."

Old 01-20-2013, 10:39 AM   #91
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
Chassis dyno data is only good for delta comparisons of pre and post modification power. You CANNOT make accurate projections to flywheel HP due to the extreme variability with chassis dynes.
I don't agree with that statement completely. For the *same* car unless you are changing trams or rear end, those are constants and you can infer changes to fly wheel hp on a chassis Dino. Now between a different cars with different driveline s that is a different story.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:54 PM   #92
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
i wanna get you and others to start looking at the whole picture better. stay far away from ricer math, but instead look at not only 1le Ls3s but other ls3 engines are putting down with mods. over the years

i put down 415WHP with long tube headers, intake, cat back exhaust dyno tune. i currently put down more with a cam. but back to point. shop dynos were livernois motorsports and vector motorsports. known shops that are also here on the forums.

most people with those mods put around 410-420WHP. thats usually the number camaro LS3 owners put down. i have been here for a few years now i have seen a lot of threads. even look at what JRE street package puts down on his site.

now think to your self, can a stock LS3 really put down 400WHP, only 10-20WHP less than cars with headers, intake, tune. its highly unlikely

the number one problem i see on forums is there are to many uncorrected dyno numbers that most of the time come from less known shops. and you have WAY to many people using ricer math to calculated there WHP.
Well you have a 2010, 2013's do not have hydraulic steering pump pulling from the engine (less loss), NPP has shown some gains over stock and I said with a CAI. So if these 1LE's that even Mike Norris has put on a dyno at 390 with 34 miles on it add a CAI and you can be at 400. I might be that close to 400 at the back wheels with my car is what I am saying is possible.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:28 PM   #93
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
We have always had the three modes for traction, addind in the steering response is the only new aspect of the system.
I dont think the SS camaros have/had competitve mode and launch control.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:29 PM   #94
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Really? I looked at the manual after seeing this and couldn't find the nine second rule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
most gm cars turn everything off after u hild the bottom. v series, corvettes camaros etc. In summary, no nannies at all.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #95
tramtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
All Camaros have the nannies... think launch control is for ss and zl1

Old 01-20-2013, 07:47 PM   #96
1977and2010
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 1977 Z28, 2SSRS 2010 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
They sure do. Tap once for TC off, two taps for competitive mode/launch control, hold down 7 seconds for all off.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:46 AM   #97
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977and2010 View Post
They sure do. Tap once for TC off, two taps for competitive mode/launch control, hold down 7 seconds for all off.
Or you could use this matrix:
Attachment 464436

I summarize the different settings from the manual, here:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272023
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:05 PM   #98
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Hate'em? Nobody? What format would you use to discuss? "These damn new owners learning about the stuff I already know, and on a forum of all places! Next thing they'll be posting asking sponsors for price quotes and performance options... options I already know about."
I never said anything bad about new owners and i love to help them so thanks for twisting my post. I said i dont link these dyno threads because most people cant grasp that dyno numbers are not as accurate as they want to believe they are. If you have learned that then i applaud you, if not then i hate this thread...not you. Its not personal

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote