Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

Old 07-18-2013, 03:31 PM   #43
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
You'd be surprised.....what I didn't include in the OP of the Car show thread...because they're under no obligation....

Is that there will be "surprise" moderator and Chevrolet "picks" awards that will be presented to the cars that each of us like best, regardless of the car show classes. The moderators of Camaro5 and Chevy employees will take a personal interest in giving those out during the car show....there will be about 20-25 of them.

I wouldn't count yourself out.

Sorry but can I bug you with a couple more questions?
  • I don't have one of those great looking, professionally made sign boards. Is that a noticeable shortcoming?
  • I also don't have a tricked out trunk. Just a "CAMARO" mat in there and it will probably have some detailing supplies there too. Is it important to have the trunk open for display?
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #44
FurySS
Furious Shine

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy10SSRS View Post
  • I don't have one of those great looking, professionally made sign boards. Is that a noticeable shortcoming?
  • I also don't have a tricked out trunk. Just a "CAMARO" mat in there and it will probably have some detailing supplies there too. Is it important to have the trunk open for display?
I would recommend asking to see one of the judging sheets at the CICC tent when you register for the show. If I recall last year, it was a "points based" judging. That means each area of the car is judged on its own. Just say for example: engine, interior, trunk, exterior are the areas and each one can get up to 5 points. Well if any of those areas can't be judged (trunk closed, hood closed, can't see through windows) you would get "0" points for that area.

Due to the sheer number of awesome 5th Gens that have to be judged, the smallest detail can make a big difference (like a dirty interior). I personally wish they had more awards for the 5th Gens like a Top 30 or something.

As far as a signboard, it is not crucial, but it always helps to have something explaining your mods. For example when I do typical shows, a lot of people don't understand what exactly the Pace Car Package includes. So I use a car show display to list my mods so they don't think I bought the car with all that done.
FurySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:36 PM   #45
Cincy10SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 Indy Pace View Post
I would recommend asking to see one of the judging sheets at the CICC tent when you register for the show. If I recall last year, it was a "points based" judging. That means each area of the car is judged on its own. Just say for example: engine, interior, trunk, exterior are the areas and each one can get up to 5 points. Well if any of those areas can't be judged (trunk closed, hood closed, can't see through windows) you would get "0" points for that area.

Due to the sheer number of awesome 5th Gens that have to be judged, the smallest detail can make a big difference (like a dirty interior). I personally wish they had more awards for the 5th Gens like a Top 30 or something.

As far as a signboard, it is not crucial, but it always helps to have something explaining your mods. For example when I do typical shows, a lot of people don't understand what exactly the Pace Car Package includes. So I use a car show display to list my mods so they don't think I bought the car with all that done.
If need be I can have a perfectly clean trunk and leave it open (won't Wow anyone) but what do people do with their detailing supplies? I can't be the only person who's driving in just for the day and will need to bring that stuff with me (to get all the bugs and crap off from the drive).
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:30 PM   #46
FurySS
Furious Shine

Drives: None
Quote:
If need be I can have a perfectly clean trunk and leave it open (won't Wow anyone) but what do people do with their detailing supplies? I can't be the only person who's driving in just for the day and will need to bring that stuff with me (to get all the bugs and crap off from the drive).
I think a lot of people would either sit with the car during the show or or perhaps tuck things underneath it if they fit? Once the car is judged, you can close it back up. But my recommendation would be to just ask one of the CICC people that morning so you know if it even applies..
FurySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:38 AM   #47
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
I think a lot of people would either sit with the car during the show or or perhaps tuck things underneath it if they fit? Once the car is judged, you can close it back up. But my recommendation would be to just ask one of the CICC people that morning so you know if it even applies..

I personally keep my bag of supplies in my open, displayed trunk (its a Camaro bag that looks nice) but when I see the judges coming around, I remove it and once they are done I put it back.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:26 AM   #48
Cincy10SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
I personally keep my bag of supplies in my open, displayed trunk (its a Camaro bag that looks nice) but when I see the judges coming around, I remove it and once they are done I put it back.
Ah, that makes sense; thanks.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:38 AM   #49
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfreddie View Post
for all the organization. Well done!
Thank you! The proof will be in the pudding in less than two weeks....

Quote:
Very few people have sign boards. I wouldn't call it a shortcoming on your part...maybe call is a "cherry on top" on the part of those people who have one.

And I think 2010 Indy Pace's insight on the trunk situation is good.

Quote: