Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England

Old 08-26-2010, 11:03 AM   #15
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
7am? Does the sun even get up that early?
If you just want the car show and to be a spectator, that is fine as well... you won't have to show up till 11. Trophies will be after the last car runs.

If you are planning on racing, 7 AM is what time the gate opens.. there is a line of anxious racer's ready to set up their pit area, get the car ready, get the car through tech, walk the course.

It is easier for street cars, as you won't be swapping tires, adjusting shocks, etc. but there is still some car setup involved and you will want to get there early if participating in the racing.

That all has to happen before the 9:30 drivers meeting.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:05 AM   #16
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
enjoyed your video.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:11 AM   #17
molloni
Capt. Organization!

Drives: Black 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron10 View Post
enjoyed your video.
It'll only take you 16hours to get up here, ron10...
Old 08-26-2010, 11:12 AM   #18
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiLTHy PHiL SS/RS View Post
When can we pre reg?
I don't think i want to race this time, but def do the show

That's fine..

Get there around 10 - 11 a.m. then. I will have a dash plaque with your name on it..

If you are just going to attend the car show you only need to be on Molloni's list as Car show ONLY. you won't need to register on the Axware server.. (the SCCA registration/event scheduler)

Pre-registration will be needed only for the people who will race, as the signup/money for that goes to the SCCA club and enters your car for the event.

Hey Nick, we should probably have a breakout on the clipboard/signup for A> car show B> car show and Autox
Old 08-26-2010, 11:18 AM   #19
molloni
Capt. Organization!

You know, just watching that video...with out the video game arrow showing me which way to go, I can see my self getting confused, LOL. How do you remember which side to start a turn on?
Old 08-26-2010, 11:24 AM   #20
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by molloni View Post
You know, just watching that video...with out the video game arrow showing me which way to go, I can see my self getting confused, LOL. How do you remember which side to start a turn on?

you will get to walk the course ahead of time. at least twice if you are there early enough.

There is also a novice walk through before or after the drivers meeting, that will explain pointer cones, gates, etc. and help you to understand where you need to be on the course. It's actually pretty easy, once you see how it's laid out. In the video, there is a cone laid down Pointing to the proper side to be on...

You can also have an instructor ride along with you and help you out.

If you are brave, you can ride along with me..
Old 08-26-2010, 11:53 AM   #21
Havok

Drives: 2010 IBM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe View Post
If you just want the car show and to be a spectator, that is fine as well... you won't have to show up till 11. Trophies will be after the last car runs.

If you are planning on racing, 7 AM is what time the gate opens.. there is a line of anxious racer's ready to set up their pit area, get the car ready, get the car through tech, walk the course.

It is easier for street cars, as you won't be swapping tires, adjusting shocks, etc. but there is still some car setup involved and you will want to get there early if participating in the racing.

That all has to happen before the 9:30 drivers meeting.
I'd probably be more of a spectator. My Camaro is just a stock 6 so I have no reason to go into competitions. I wouldn't mind seeing how fast it can do (as I rather not check that out on the road), but in terms of racing, I'll leave that for the "big boys". I guess you guys can put me down as a maybe for spectating, maybe if someone is nice I could go for a ride along or something.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:00 PM   #22
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

Drives: '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
im probably game for just the show...i took my car around half of limerock this year...more than enough for me lol

The Few, The Proud, The Hyper Blue Metallics

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
2010CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:43 PM   #23
molloni
Capt. Organization!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
I'd probably be more of a spectator. My Camaro is just a stock 6 so I have no reason to go into competitions. I wouldn't mind seeing how fast it can do (as I rather not check that out on the road), but in terms of racing, I'll leave that for the "big boys". I guess you guys can put me down as a maybe for spectating, maybe if someone is nice I could go for a ride along or something.
Mine's a stock V6 too, but just the thrill of actually pulling turns in a controlled environment is too much to pass up! Yea, I may not be the fastest, but it'll be a hell of a good time.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:01 PM   #24
600hp-lpe

Believe it or not, some of the fastest cars are 4 cylinder cars...
weight has a LOT to do with it.

It is very possible that the fastest NEC5 Camaro around the track could be a 6 Cylinder...

Behind mine, of course. LOL

I'm not in competition with any of you.. Wait till you see what I am up against..
Old 08-26-2010, 03:40 PM   #25
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
I just checked my schedule and I'm scheduled to be working that day... maybe I can swap my day off with someone... I'll have to see if I can work something out.

I drove the course at the Fest and it was a lot of fun. Don't be afraid to enter your V6 in this event... you'll really be missing out!
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:10 PM   #26
Dragon Tats

Drives: 2010 Black LT1
I'm in, just as a spectator though. I need my beauty rest.
Dragon Tats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:40 PM   #27
Patfan1987
CGM is the Best! Thx GM

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro, Auto + Sunroof
I would so do this and take the day off if i needed to, butttt i have patriots tickets for that day FML :(

Proud Owner of a CGM 2 LT/RS Auto Transmission w/Sunroof and Spare Tire
Patfan1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:52 PM   #28
Eric Baker

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS 6M
Ummmm... IN! Sounds like a fun event for sure.
Eric Baker is offline   Reply With Quote