Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: When would you buy a Kinetic Blue Camaro?
Right Now! Or in a few months. 60 37.50%
Six months from now. 19 11.88%
One year or more. 81 50.63%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2012, 05:28 PM   #99
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
Pretty sad that the equinox has more color options than the Camaro.
Let's evaluate that observation...playing Devil's advocate. (Personally, I wish they'd look into the option of adding another paint hopper)

We could have a choice of three grays, three creams, two faded blue/violets, a scarlet, black, and white....Exciting!

Then...consider that last year, Equinox sold 193,000 vehicles. And Camaro sold just under 90,000. I *think* it can support, literally a couple, more colors...

It's easy to count colors to try and make a point...but seriously....

I think, given the circumstances beyond control - they've done a good job managing colors. That's just my opinion...on the non-opinion side: These special editions, like Synergy and Hot Wheels, allows them to offer wild colors on a limited-run basis that wouldn't support themselves [colors] otherwise.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:37 PM   #100
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Something that isn't mentioned much on here is the fact that we lost a color. 2010 models had ten to choose from and now we have nine. I would also like to see limited run colors offered without being attached to special editions to keep cost down.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:19 AM   #101
INTENSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Something that isn't mentioned much on here is the fact that we lost a color. 2010 models had ten to choose from and now we have nine. I would also like to see limited run colors offered without being attached to special editions to keep cost down.
This is the basic point I believe most of us agree with. At the end of the day we really do understand (to a degree) the economics of it. The Camaro line can't have an unlimited number of colors. We also understand that some of the colors we say to replace actually sell very well - so that won't happen. I mean, Camaro covers the entire palette of a black and white television (white/silver ice metallic/ashen grey metallic/black) but doesn't have a real blue of any kind - so it's a bit bothersome.

The frustrating part for myself and I believe many others with this color is that it's already being used!! Unless there's some sort of agreement with Hot Wheels (Mattel) to keep it limited to this particular car, the economics of it make sense to produce what you can and generate additional sales with it. Perhaps the thought process is that we're going to buy a Camaro regardless, so why bother? It's true, I'm probably just going to purchase an Inferno Orange Metallic 1LE anyway, but it would have been nice to have a good looking blue instead of the orange. I've had my 35th for 11 years now and was hoping to change it out with a blue....oh well. And blue ray metallic doesn't cut it.

2017 Camaro ZL1
2002 Camaro SS 35th LE - Sold
1987 Monte Carlo SS
INTENSS is offline   Reply With Quote